• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality is not natural and is not normality

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
If you truly agree with it, though, then you will refrain from claiming that you know what God wants.
Agree with what? Someone has an opinion. I am fine with them having an opinion. It has not changed mine, lest you think it has.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
It has not changed mine, lest you think it has.

So Robert, could you clarify your earlier point about the segregation of gay and straight people? How exactly would you see this working in practice? Or do you just mean that if a gay couple moved in next door you would look for somewhere else to live?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I shall then lead a host to this new land! I, Feanor son of Finwe!

cough
I really, really hope someone gets that..

I get it.

Warn me however when the tale of Beren and Luthien is approaching. I'll need a whole box of Kleenex.

No. Seriously.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I get it.

Warn me however when the tale of Beren and Luthien is approaching. I'll need a whole box of Kleenex.

No. Seriously.
The Teleri first, then the Doom of the Noldor, and the eventual Unnumbered Tears..

Honestly the entire history of the Noldor is kinda terrible isn't it?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The Teleri first, then the Doom of the Noldor, and the eventual Unnumbered Tears..

Honestly the entire history of the Noldor is kinda terrible isn't it?

No ****.

But it still must be said...Tolkien should have written some of the religious doctrines instead of dudes like Q. Makes for far better narratives IMO.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
No ****.

But it still must be said...Tolkien should have written some of the religious doctrines instead of dudes like Q. Makes for far better narratives IMO.
Honestly, I'm glad he left the specifics to Arda's various religious practices ill defined

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
The problem with the subject of homosexuality is that emotions often tend to blur constructive and objective discussion and study of the subject.

Is homosexuality natural?

Yes and no. It's natural in the sense that it is an event that appears in nature. But it isn't natural in the sense that that was what nature intended. The mechanisms that cause homosexuality at the genetic level are an anomaly (when a gene received incorrect epi-markers). But that's not necessarily a bad thing, as many things in the natural world we take for granted now started as genetic or epigenetic anomalies.

Is it normal?

Yes and no again. It wasn't normal according to the western culture throughout history, values steeped in religion. But it was was normal to Ancient Greek culture. Now that the west's value systems in this area are changing, homosexuality has become normal, but remains abnormal in accordance with the value systems of many cultures around the world still.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So Robert, could you clarify your earlier point about the segregation of gay and straight people? How exactly would you see this working in practice? Or do you just mean that if a gay couple moved in next door you would look for somewhere else to live?
I guess this isn't going to happen. :(

Domenic

Have a look around at nature; clearly there was something wrong in the design plan then. ;)

There was nothing wrong with the plan. Someone, or something, tried to change it. If you read Genes 3:15, it starts to get clear who. The whole book of Genesis was written in Hebrew. In 3:15 there is one word written in Greek. The word seed. It was written in Greek for a reason...to stand out. In Greek the word means; SPERM. God is saying to Satan, "Because of what he did with his sperm." Genesis 5 is the life of Adam. Note: His first child is Seth. Cain is not listed as Adams child.
The Bible was taken from the Scrolls, thus the two should match word for word. They do not. In the Bible when Eve had her first child (Cain), she said, "I have gotten a man from the Lord."
In the Scrolls it reads; "I have gotten a man from the angel of the Lord, Sammual. (old name for Satan.)
The scriptures show the human DNA has been mixed with non-human DNA. It is why we age, and die.
The word sin means, "Falling short of the mark." Means not perfect. Those who are homosexual, have fallen short of the mark by birth. But...we are all short of the mark because we are all sinners.
God said to Cain after he murdered Able: "You are a liar, and a murder like your father the devil." There was no fruit eaten in the garden. The trees there were symbolic, as all the trees in the bible are. Can angels make sperm? Yes. Angels cme to earth, took the daughters of men, and had children.( the giants.)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
what nature intended

I think this is some wonky syntax as it implies nature has clear goals or expectations.

I also think it would only be fair to call homosexuality a genetic aberration if you called everything a genetic aberration, including sexual reproduction (as opposed to asexual, parthenogenic, etc.)

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I think this is some wonky syntax as it implies nature has clear goals or expectations.

You're right. However, I wasn't trying to imply that.

I also think it would only be fair to call homosexuality a genetic aberration if you called everything a genetic aberration, including sexual reproduction (as opposed to asexual, parthenogenic, etc.)

Nevertheless, the epigenetic anomaly that produces homosexuality and transgenderism came about as a...malfunction, if you will. That doesn' mean that homosexuality or transgenderism is wrong, or aberrated, etc. But it is anomalous.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You're right. However, I wasn't trying to imply that.

Nevertheless, the epigenetic anomaly that produces homosexuality and transgenderism came about as a...malfunction, if you will. That doesn' mean that homosexuality or transgenderism is wrong, or aberrated, etc. But it is anomalous.

Again though, that seems to imply that there is a function which is ideal. All genetic traits came from 'malfunction,' a mutation/error in coding which was initially divergent from the origional. Including sexual reproduction.