• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality does not signal end times or destruction

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I don't wish to push a lot of points or argue about the resurrection just wish to avoid supporting a position about resurrection that I don't have. The only objection I wish to make in the thread is to the claim of some that Jesus is talking about homosexuals in Matthew 22:30. That is far fetched and projects onto it a lot of things that simply aren't there in my opinion. There is nothing to debate but shadows.

I would agree wholeheartedly. I see nothing in that verse concerning homosexuality.

Haven't conventionalists been bemoaning the moral degeneration of society since ancient Greece? When when should we expect these end times?

What constitutes "moral degeneration" anyway?...

What I meant with moral degeneration was said in the scripture (2 Tim. 3:1-9) I gave. By what I see, only now the situation is beginning to look like in the scripture.

So as long as homosexuals are moral about their relationships--not abusive, assuring consent, etc.--it is perfectly fine? ...

I don't think the homosexual act is morally ok. But, I think bigger problem with the act is that it is not reasonable, it is basically the same as trying to eat through your ear, because it is also a hole in your head. I think people should be reasonable and not do stupid things. :)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I don't think the homosexual act is morally ok. But, I think bigger problem with the act is that it is not reasonable, it is basically the same as trying to eat through your ear, because it is also a hole in your head. I think people should be reasonable and not do stupid things. :)

The problem with the analogy you provided is that ears, despite the eustachian tubes, don't really lead to the stomach or have any taste buds. You could shove food in them, but there'd be no reason.

But there is a reason for homosexuals to be in relationships, sexual or otherwise. Human connection is very important for most people, and as long as morally practiced (consensual and non-abusive) I think it is immoral to disallow a combination that brings joy, fulfillment, and meaning to a life full enough of obstacles and hardships.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What I meant with moral degeneration was said in the scripture (2 Tim. 3:1-9) I gave. By what I see, only now the situation is beginning to look like in the scripture.
So moral degeneration = divergence from the mores and lifestyle of an ancient Hebrew community?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Morality reflects harm, not convention.
"Reason?" Why is a social bonding activity unreasonable?

You're equating homosexuality with specific sexual acts. Homosexuality is neurology, not activities.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
next up men wanting to follow little girls into public restrooms and children transgendering. what a mess. pandoras box has been opened in west/christendom
Well, at least we do not kill little girls who want to go to school.

ciao

- viole

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
its a sin in every religion. the liberal elite bankers have their own agenda
Not entirely true. Abrahamic ones maybe but not all. My mom is part Native American and back before colonization there were third gender groups. Her father was specifically Lakota Sioux. In that particular culture there were the Winkte. They aren't honored as much like they used to be but in pre colonial times they were religious and spiritual leaders. Male bodied but would adopt feminine clothing and mannerisms. If I recalled correctly they slept with men. More on that here(she sent me this link when i asked about it written by someone else) :
Lakota two-spirit in Native American culture and gender identity

Technially they ain't homosexual cuz that don't show how the natives viewed it but many folk might think of them as such.

I can ask my mom more about two spirit folk and their religious roles in her culture and in other Native tribes if you want. She knows quite a bit.

Last edited: