• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality does not signal end times or destruction

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I reply to a currently featured thread that Matthew 22:30 not related to homosexuality at all.

Homosexuality is not a signal of end times, not in any context that I can find. Even if you believe Jesus as a man returns physically, like aa one single man and that the righteous are each resurrected as individuals; it still does not make sense to say that homosexuality signals anything based upon the gospel of Matthew. It is irrelevant. Why is buying and selling houses mentioned and marrying and being given in marriage? You have to look up the history of these and why they have been associated, in scripture, with violence and oppression; such as in the time of Ezekiel and Malachi. Buying and selling were not outlawed, but the buying and selling were used callously and oppressively. Marriage contracts were manipulated (at times) into subjugating women in a nation that was supposedy about freedom. It was somewhat like the problem which occurred here in the USA, land of the free, where people were enslaved permanently through duplicitous legal precedents and became a slave class.

This is hinted at in a post here mentioning the context of marriage in Israel in the times Jesus, as a man and prophet, lives:
Normally marriage is to be encouraged, however sometimes in Israel's history it has been used to enslave women through slick and treacherous contracts. This was a problem Israel had after the return from Babylon but also at other times. In a way it was bad like the housing bubble was bad when we were buying and selling houses. Buying or selling a house is not evil, nor is getting married evil. Its how you do it and whether you are doing evil. The problem was that marriage became a way to entrap women. Technically the men weren't doing anything illegal, but they were behaving unethically.

Gays in ancient Israel don't marry for the simple reason that marriage contracts are about reproductive rights. These contracts are not relevant between males. Its not like in modern times where you get a different tax structure and benefits etc. out of a marriage.

At the time it seemed like a rabbit trail, so I didn't go into disputing the context. I think it is reasonable to now; since there has been a featured thread on the topic. I don't think many people hold this position, but someone has suggested that the reason Jesus doesn't think marriage is permitted at the resurrection is that it would be homosexual. This seems pretty far fetched and ignores the context.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I reply to a currently featured thread that Matthew 22:30 not related to homosexuality at all.

Homosexuality is not a signal of end times, not in any context that I can find. Even if you believe Jesus as a man returns physically, like aa one single man and that the righteous are each resurrected as individuals; it still does not make sense to say that homosexuality signals anything based upon the gospel of Matthew. It is irrelevant. Why is buying and selling houses mentioned and marrying and being given in marriage? You have to look up the history of these and why they have been associated, in scripture, with violence and oppression; such as in the time of Ezekiel and Malachi. Buying and selling were not outlawed, but the buying and selling were used callously and oppressively. Marriage contracts were manipulated (at times) into subjugating women in a nation that was supposedy about freedom. It was somewhat like the problem which occurred here in the USA, land of the free, where people were enslaved permanently through duplicitous legal precedents and became a slave class.

This is hinted at in a post here mentioning the context of marriage in Israel in the times Jesus, as a man and prophet, lives:

At the time it seemed like a rabbit trail, so I didn't go into disputing the context. I think it is reasonable to now; since there has been a featured thread on the topic. I don't think many people hold this position, but someone has suggested that the reason Jesus doesn't think marriage is permitted at the resurrection is that it would be homosexual. This seems pretty far fetched and ignores the context.
There are multiple points here and I'm not sure exactly what the point is since I don't think I read the featured thread.

My position isn't that marriage is no longer permitted as I believe there will be weddings after his coming back.

But that there are some in their resurrected bodies that will no longer be seeking marriage is a potential.

A shot in the dark as I am not sure of the points that are being addressed.

stanberger

I should hope it doesn't. It's been around as long we have -- and a lot of other animals and birds, as well.
If it's a signal, I'd say the signal's been stuck for a long time. ;)
next up men wanting to follow little girls into public restrooms and children transgendering. what a mess. pandoras box has been opened in west/christendom

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
next up men wanting to follow little girls into public restrooms and children transgendering. what a mess. pandoras box has been opened in west/christendom
Clearly, the invention of public restrooms was a sign of the apocalypse!

Audie

Veteran Member
The slippery slope, yes.

Allow anyone to own shot- gun for any reason,
everyone will want to take their bazooka into
the bar.

Audie

Veteran Member
nope just further proof of the cesspool in the west after the removal of god in society

Isnt it so that people who see Sin and Corruption all about are really just trying
put themselves on a moral pedestal and feel
so special?

Regard the Talibans and their strict morality.

pearl

But that there are some in their resurrected bodies that will no longer be seeking marriage is a potential.

For the Sadducees there was no belief in a resurrection, maybe what is meant is life after death.

Vee

Premium Member

I just read the entire chapter 22 of Mathew and can't find a connection to homosexuality either.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
For the Sadducees there was no belief in a resurrection, maybe what is meant is life after death.
I'm not sure of the whole of the theology of the Sadducees, to be honest. (Something I need to study on?) It seems like a dichotomy of terms to not believe in a resurrection and still have life after death.

pearl

I'm not sure of the whole of the theology of the Sadducees, to be honest. (Something I need to study on?) It seems like a dichotomy of terms to not believe in a resurrection and still have life after death.

As I understand it the Pharisees believe in a general resurrection of the dead. Martha refers to this in Jesus' conversation with Mary and Martha following the death of Lazarus. “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What does this have to do with homosexuality? Aren't most pedophiles heterosexual?
How is this a Pandora's box? You're making some completely incorrect associations, here.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
nope just further proof of the cesspool in the west after the removal of god in society
But isn't "the West" happier, more prosperous, more free, and safer than -- I guess -- the East?
Religiosity seems inversely proportional to happiness and prosperity.
Google world happiness or world prosperity indices, by country. The least religious are on top.

Homosexuality is not a signal of end times, ....

General moral degeneration is a sign of end times.

But know this, that in the last days, grievous times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, no lovers of good, traitors, headstrong, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power thereof. Turn away from these, also. For of these are those who creep into houses, and take captive gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Even as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so do these also oppose the truth; men corrupted in mind, reprobate concerning the faith. But they will proceed no further. For their folly will be evident to all men, as theirs also came to be.
2 Tim. 3:1-9

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
But know this, that in the last days, grievous times will come. For men will be lovers of self, ....But they will proceed no further. For their folly will be evident to all men, as theirs also came to be.
2 Tim. 3:1-9
I wonder if 'But they will proceed no further' indicates that 'Last days' might be misunderstood. He might be criticizing those who left him (chapter 4). He begins by talking about suffering and about gently instructing opponents. Then he goes on to talk about how bad things will become before they get better. He then names several people who have deserted him. Possibly some of these have "Creeped into houses, taking gullible women captive."