• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality as a sin

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I certainly don't view it as a legitimate change because genetically you're always going to have the predisposition to be either male or female that occurred at birth.

I think eventually though, genetics may get to a point where you can actually morph into being another sex*, but I don't think it will always be 100%.

Every time I hear about this kind of therapy I always kind of picture the movie, "Fly" with Jeff Goldblum.

I mean hypothetically if I ever wanted to be a "fly" all my life , what's going to happen when you intermingle genetics? What do people think is going to happen?

*Some animals and insects actually do that. Hope for humans perhaps?

What about pseudohermaphrodites? I used to know a girl who by all characteristics and external appearances was feminine, had a vagina, etc. but when she was a teenager she and her family discovered that she was actually Xy when she developed cancer in gonadal tissue. She continued to identify and live as a female.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What about pseudohermaphrodites? I used to know a girl who by all characteristics and external appearances was feminine, had a vagina, etc. but when she was a teenager she and her family discovered that she was actually Xy when she developed cancer in gonadal tissue. She continued to identify and live as a female.
I actually consider hermaphrodites a legitimate third sex. It was something she was born with, not something that was sewn or stitched on later.

There's no question there are effeminate males and butch females. And I do agree that there are inclinations that can go either way in terms of sexuality.

I've always felt you deal with what nature gave you, and while there's nothing wrong with trying to improve your appearances or be something different then what you are genetically, there is no question that some people can accomplish it more than others.

I've known a few very passable transvestites and transsexuals, even attracted to, but unfortunately that's not the norm for a greater majority of people.

On a positive note, I think this could change over time with the advances in science and technology to where in a future generation it won't really matter anymore and people can actually be comfortable with themselves and others.

I just don't think we're quite there just yet.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Then why would you assume my view is the view in biblical scripture

Do I have to include 'I'm not a Christian' in ever post just for stupid atheists
I did not assume anything. I responded directly to the content of your post. You referred to scripture, not me.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Self mutilation is a sin so I don't see a sin to escape sin working
If you say that something is a sin and claim that a sin enacted to avoid a sin would not work, what do you think readers get from that? The posts I made were entirely rational and in context. Perhaps that is why they seem to have caused you so much confusion.

Maybe it is time for a refill on your prescriptions.

ecco

Veteran Member
Do I have to include 'I'm not a Christian' in ever post just for stupid atheists
When you list your religion as "theist" and talk like you believe in sin, then it is valid to conclude that you may well be a Christian.

But, to clear up any future doubt, just tweak your "religion" tag a little.

Darkforbid

When you list your religion as "theist" and talk like you believe in sin, then it is valid to conclude that you may well be a Christian.

If I hadn't mentioned it directly to the poster I was addressing, you'd have a point

ecco

Veteran Member

If I hadn't mentioned it directly to the poster I was addressing, you'd have a point

Telling someone once in a thread does not cut it. You expect that everyone has read it and should remember it in the future. That's silly.

Whereas, putting truthful information into your "about" box shows everyone, every time. However, if you want to continue being vague, then I will have no choice but to go with my conclusions based on your continued posts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm just asking an unasked question - for example, suppose someone is homosexual in a strong religious community - if they get HRT and Bottom surgery, would they be looked at as straight by said religious community?
They would in Iran. Not so in many Christian groups.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And, therefore what, when ask ignore scripture and just say its ok
Or, even better, those who accept some sort of scripture as sacred can butt out, mind their own business, and bugger off instead of intruding into the life of someone who doesn't accept that same scripture (or interpretation of the same scripture) as valid.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's where inconsistencies show. "They are born that way." So are transgender people. " "It's an abnormality." Their use of plastic and harnessed electricity is highly unnatural and very abnormal, as is their acceptance of other medical practices that are not naturally derived and leave people with abnormal characteristics. But, I can't say I'm surprised. We cling onto the idea of free will though it's too constrained to be considered free. We shun and ridicule the intellectual and dismiss how much of us is really in our brain. And because we also have a warped and heavily distorted image of mental illness and health, it's not wonder people like to pretend there is a divide and duality between mind and body instead of accepting they are merged together and the mind/brain is a part of the body.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then you likely do not know about the mind altering drugs that "Licensed" Psychological people put these folk on. You don't know that on these drugs the patients are very compliant. Yet, the righteous folk just stand around and judge without trying to do anything to stop these activities.
I've been on those drugs, and have been kicked out of one med clinic for non-compliance and got into an argument with another provider. I know one guy with a profound case of schizophrenia, and on-or-off his drugs he isn't compliant. I've worked with medicated people who are non-compliant in various areas. Being medicated doesn't turn you into a mindless zombie.