• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality as a sin

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Yeah, I probably need to explain where I was coming from. I was both asking an honest question, and also stating "The religious people who claim homosexuality is a sin probably haven't thought their thoughts through fully on what someone who's already transitioned should do. Normally it wouldn't matter, but if a person is going to state homosexuality is a sin, the burdens of proof, if I understand correctly, *tends* to fall on them. So I think it's a reasonable follow-up question for them."

Darkforbid

Yeah, I probably need to explain where I was coming from. I was both asking an honest question, and also stating "The religious people who claim homosexuality is a sin probably haven't thought their thoughts through fully on what someone who's already transitioned should do. Normally it wouldn't matter, but if a person is going to state homosexuality is a sin, the burdens of proof, if I understand correctly, *tends* to fall on them. So I think it's a reasonable follow-up question for them."

It's seen as a betrayal of the strand of life that has struggled to survive and breed for billions of years, just getting you here

Ellen Brown

Self mutilation is a sin so I don't see a sin to escape sin working

Then you likely do not know about the mind altering drugs that "Licensed" Psychological people put these folk on. You don't know that on these drugs the patients are very compliant. Yet, the righteous folk just stand around and judge without trying to do anything to stop these activities.

I consider the Church to be the worst sinners.

Darkforbid

Then you likely do not know about the mind altering drugs that "Licensed" Psychological people put these folk on. You don't know that on these drugs the patients are very compliant. Yet, the righteous folk just stand around and judge without trying to do anything to stop these activities.

I consider the Church to be the worst sinners.

I think you'll find the church does object and what do you mean by these people,, isn’t the Muslim view the death penalty in a lot of countries

Skwim

Veteran Member
For the religious people who believe homosexuality is a sin, I had a question... Say a man or woman had HRT and Bottom surgery. When they go to date someone, would it be a sin for them to date the same gender, or a sin for them to date the opposite gender?
Are you assuming that god deems it a sin for homosexuals to date? From what I've read god is mute on the subject.

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

I think you'll find the church does object and what do you mean by these people,, isn’t the Muslim view the death penalty in a lot of countries

You don't get to put me in the box of your choice. I was born in America, and am American. I was evangelical Christian for 33 years, but yes now I am much more sympathetic to Islam. That does not mean I will let them rule me.

As a matter of fact, when all this was going on with me, all the church did was judge and condemn without being of any real use. I've done a lot of work to reign in the so called "transgender" folk and am myself Intersex. The churches are still largely useless in real life.

Darkforbid

You don't get to put me in the box of your choice. I was born in America, and am American. I was evangelical Christian for 33 years, but yes now I am much more sympathetic to Islam. That does not mean I will let them rule me.

As a matter of fact, when all this was going on with me, all the church did was judge and condemn without being of any real use. I've done a lot of work to reign in the so called "transgender" folk and am myself Intersex. The churches are still largely useless in real life.

So in your box like view the churchs spending on charity does not exist! The catholic church spend $4.2 billion on its own

And Muslim submit to God's will, not demand independence from it

Terry Sampson

Ahhh, so you just wanted to mess with fundamentalists' minds, eh? I changed "creative" back to "funny".
Consider taking lessons from my buddy Hubert Farnsworth.

You wanna mess with fundamentalists??? Watch this ....

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't imagine that a lot of religions, especially from the fundamentalist perspective, see transitioning as a genuine or legitimate change of one's sex/gender, often using the XX, Xy argument.
I certainly don't view it as a legitimate change because genetically you're always going to have the predisposition to be either male or female that occurred at birth.

I think eventually though, genetics may get to a point where you can actually morph into being another sex*, but I don't think it will always be 100%.

Every time I hear about this kind of therapy I always kind of picture the movie, "Fly" with Jeff Goldblum.

I mean hypothetically if I ever wanted to be a "fly" all my life , what's going to happen when you intermingle genetics? What do people think is going to happen?

*Some animals and insects actually do that. Hope for humans perhaps?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm just asking an unasked question - for example, suppose someone is homosexual in a strong religious community - if they get HRT and Bottom surgery, would they be looked at as straight by said religious community?
Communities don't "look at" people, individuals do.

Loving individuals will find a way to love them.

Hateful individuals will find a way to hate them.