• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality as a sin

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
For the religious people who believe homosexuality is a sin, I had a question... Say a man or woman had HRT and Bottom surgery. When they go to date someone, would it be a sin for them to date the same gender, or a sin for them to date the opposite gender?

PruePhillip

For the religious people who believe homosexuality is a sin, I had a question... Say a man or woman had HRT and Bottom surgery. When they go to date someone, would it be a sin for them to date the same gender, or a sin for them to date the opposite gender?

Care to elaborate? You assume people know what HRT is, or what "bottom surgery" is.
What is considered virtue and vice varies with cultures. In Western culture, as my profile
below demonstrates, almost anything goes - and a lot more will go in the future, too.
So now we are told not to "tolerate" gays but "celebrate" them.

I don't care. You want to have a weekend only marriage to two pubescent girls - that's
fine by me. Just don't try to shoehorn these values into the bible and make out they
were all cool about gays, divorce, gambling and drugs back then, too.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think it is very difficult for someone who has never been in a situation where HRT has never been in their thoughts. Most of the religions do see homosexuality as a sin but the religions from the east like Buddhism, Hinduism and so on do not call it a sin but more a moral issue or should i say lack of moral.

If a man or woman changes their outer appearance to be a woman or man they still going to be a man or woman the way I see it because it is not the appearance in itself that decides it.
Maybe i have to little knowledge about the topic

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
A MtF woman who undergoes vaginoplasty and is 100% hetetosexual can never be labeled as sinner.

What is the difference between her and a straight woman?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
A MtF woman who undergoes vaginoplasty and is 100% hetetosexual can never be labeled as sinner.

What is the difference between her and a straight woman?

I'm just asking an unasked question - for example, suppose someone is homosexual in a strong religious community - if they get HRT and Bottom surgery, would they be looked at as straight by said religious community?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm just asking an unasked question - for example, suppose someone is homosexual in a strong religious community - if they get HRT and Bottom surgery, would they be looked at as straight by said religious community?
Possible.

Ellen Brown

It is actually no one's "EFFING" business. If you think something is a sin, then don't do it. Why is it that people can't comprehend something so simple ??? If someone is celibate, what does it matter? Sigh !!!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It is actually no one's "EFFING" business. If you think something is a sin, then don't do it. Why is it that people can't comprehend something so simple ??? If someone is celibate, what does it matter? Sigh !!!

I never said it was their business. But well, I consider asking some religious people tough questions, to be my business.

Terry Sampson

@AT-AT
After reading your OP, I LOLed and was going to click the "Funny" icon. Then it occurred to me that your question might actually have been genuinely serious. In that case, I'd have to apologize to you for clicking "Funny". I was briefly faced with a dilemma: "click 'Funny' and have to apologize later" or "assume you were serious and click 'Creative".

I finally decided to assume that you were seriously asking a genuinely serious question, and clicked "Creative." Here's why ...
  • What do you think the probability is that a person who believes that homosexuality is a sin is going to think that HRT and Bottom surgery are not sins?
  • Even if you find some religious person who believes that homosexuality is a sin AND believes that organ replacement surgery involving non-gender organs is a 21st century miracle and proof for God, you're going to have to persuade that person that the HRT was essential to facilitate the patient's body's acceptance of a non-gender related new organ.
  • In your case, you've already blown your cover because you've specifically said that the surgery to be performed involves gender-related organs and the HRT is a preliminary step to the eventual goal of gender transition surgery.
  • NOTE BENE: I am NOT expressing an opinion regarding homosexuality with or without subsequent HRT and transition surgery. I'm merely trying to point out to AT-AT that the person who thinks that homosexuality is a sin is probably NOT going to say: "Oh, you're undergoing HRT in preparation for gender transition surgery, that changes everything. It's a sin "to date" the same gender before the surgery but after the surgery it's a sin "to date" a different same gender."
  • BTW is it safe or wrong to assume that when you (AT-AT) write "to date", the date is going to involve sexual activity?
  • If there's a religious person who thinks that homosexuality is a sin but does not think there's some sin involved in undergoing HRT or gender transition surgery, I'd like to meet that person (unless they're on my "ignore" list.)

Last edited: