• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality and Sikhism

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
I want to know if Sikhism and/or the Guru Granth Sahib condemn homosexuality and what are Sikh attitudes towards homosexual people.

The Guru Granth Saahib does'nt mention of Homsexuality at all...it does generally talk of desires and lust...but i guess that 'caution' is for every type of Sexuality-not headed only at Homsexuals :)...

xxx

Chinu, I hope that you see us homosexuals as human beings, and not as animals. :(

After all, I always thought that we all belong to the Guru, no? Waheguru is so merciful, so kind, and the Sri Guru Granth Sahib has not mentioned homosexuality at all.

It has been there in Hindu Dharma from the very beginning, and thus God has not punished against it, except in the Abrahamic religions.

So please have compassion, and mercy, and love!

Waheguruji ka khalsa, Waheguruji ki fateh.

chinu

chinu
Chinu, I hope that you see us homosexuals as human beings, and not as animals. :(
madanbhakta ji, I see myself too as an animal, why ?

Because: Eating, drinking, sleeping, and Enjoying sex, Is this a life ? No!
According to Gurus or GGS, Life is something very above than this, i am not saying according to "Me" but according to gurus or GGS we all are like animals,

Animals eat we too,
Animals sleep we too,
Animals enjoy sex we too,.......... GGS say what is the Difference ?

After all, I always thought that we all belong to the Guru, no? Waheguru is so merciful, so kind, and the Sri Guru Granth Sahib has not mentioned homosexuality at all.
It has been there in Hindu Dharma from the very beginning, and thus God has not punished against it, except in the Abrahamic religions.

If in the coming few days the passion of Lust will force people to do Sex with Trees or plants etc.. So it will called as Treesexuality,
So how is it possible for Gurus to mention such thing in the holybooks again and again.
Sexuality is Sexuality and i know only one thing "The exess of everything is Bad"

So please have compassion, and mercy, and love!
Guru nanak has written in one of his quotes:
"Ji jant sab tis de sabna ka soi,
Manda kis nu akhia je duja hoi"

English: "Everything is his, he is of everyone,
Whom to say Worse, there is no other than him."

So , I will definatly follow this Quote :)

But it is also written in one of the Quote in GGS

"Kabira Teri Jhompri Gal Katiyan Ke Paas
Jo Karenge So Bharenge Tu Kyon Bhayo Udaas."

English: "Kabir, Your Hut Is Next to the Butchers,
Who does, he will face the consequnces, Why are you sad ?"

Meaning Don't concern your self too much with other peoples actions - they will have to face the consequences, not for you to be sad.

Waheguruji ka khalsa, Waheguruji ki fateh.
According to GGS or Gurus not "Me", Khalsa means a "Pure Being"

He alone is a Khalsa (pure being) who meditates on the self-illuminating Flame (Jyoti) of Naam with intense love and confidence and manifests it inside the body. Except God, he does not give room to fasts, holy places, graves, crematoriums, charity, reading scriptures, penances and austerities in his heart.

Sayings of Guru Gobind (tenth guru):
He who contemplates on the self-illuminating
flame (Jyoti) of God's Naam,
and never swerves from the thought of it.
He who has full love and confidence in God,
and does not put his faith, even by mistake,
in fasting or the graves of Muslim Fakirs,
Hindu crematoriums or Yogi's places of sculpture,
He who only recognises the one God and does not care
for pilgrimages, alms, compassion, penances or austerities,
And in whose heart the light of the perfect one shines,
he is to be recognised as a Khalsa or the Pure Being.
(Sayings of Guru Gobind Singh)
It is written in the famous book entitled `Mukat Nama' that he alone is a Khalsa (Pure Being) who does not accept alms and does not find any distinction between human beings whether they are Hindus or Muslims or christian or any other religon.

Mean to say: We are not supposed to be called as Khalsa, it is very hard to be a True "Khalsa" :)

NICE TO MEET YOU :)
_/\_
Chinu.