• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homophobia Makes Me Sick!

A

angellous_evangellous

kevmicsmi said:
OOOOOOOOOh you brought up a good one, neo-con. I dont even think most people who use the word know what it is supposed to connotate.

hmmm, neo-con... is that when you are convicted a second time of kicking somone in the face with a golf-shoe for using such propagandizing, meaningless phrases such as "legislating from the bench," rendered "meaningful" only after its critical term (legislate) has been completely redefined and devoid of the notion that it actually conotates?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Shadow Wolf said:
I hate it when people use "like" for every other word in a sentence. I broke my niece of doing that by calling her a dumb blonde everytime she did that.

I have to actually restrain myself from typing the word "like" when I post because this is how I talk and I write that way as well...out of habit.

I've actually gone back to edit posts...because I used it without thinking.:biglaugh:

nutshell

:sarcastic like...whatever...

I like checked out this post to, you know, see what "homophobis" is all about, but...like...it's just some dumb talk about the way we, like, talk, ya know?

i'm outta here

kevmicsmi

angellous_evangellous said:
hmmm, neo-con... is that when you are convicted a second time of kicking somone in the face with a golf-shoe for using such propagandizing, meaningless phrases such as "legislating from the bench," rendered "meaningful" only after its critical term (legislate) has been completely redefined and devoid of the notion that it actually conotates?

I lov ya man :rolleyes:

turk179

I smell something....
I am so filled with hate. Here let me show you. I hate it when, as stated earlier the term liberal or conservative is used as a cuss word. I hate it when people say "no one has answered my question:149: ." I hate it when people accuse others of following their beliefs blindly. And to top it all off, I hate it when people have annoying tendencies and then complain about other people's annoying tendencies.

Wait! I have annoying tendencies:eek: .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
really, but like, thats like, really like, cruel
biggrin.gif
:slap:
But she really is blonde, and it did work.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think a great deal of the opposition to homosexuality is both irrational and based on little or no evidence. IMO, that strongly suggests that the opposition is grounded in homophobia or some other disorder.

kevmicsmi

Sunstone said:
I think a great deal of the opposition to homosexuality is both irrational and based on little or no evidence. IMO, that strongly suggests that the opposition is grounded in homophobia or some other disorder.

So anytime someone says something I deem irrational I should assume they have a disorder? That seems sort of condesending to me

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
kevmicsmi said:
So anytime someone says something I deem irrational I should assume they have a disorder? That seems sort of condesending to me

If they are obsessive in their irrationality, as many people seem to be about homosexuality, then I think it's a fair assumption that they have one sort of disorder or another.

kevmicsmi

Sunstone said:
If they are obsessive in their irrationality, as many people seem to be about homosexuality, then I think it's a fair assumption that they have one sort of disorder or another.

What would you consider obsessive?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
A better term for severe homophobic is usually latent homosexual.

But I really dislike it when any term is used negatively. Even things like "Mexican" can be used as a slur. Terms I really hate are things like sodomite, hermaphrodite, retard, psychotic, mongoloid, pinhead... things that used to be actual "medical" terms but are used so hatefully now.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
If i am for stripping rights from gays and lesbians, I am a Bigot!

Er, not to start a debate, but that is rather bigoted to want to deny rights from people just because their opinions or ways of life are different from your own. :p

Yerda

Veteran Member
jamaesi said:
Er, not to start a debate, but that is rather bigoted to want to deny rights from people just because their opinions or ways of life are different from your own. :p
Perhaps you're making the common mistake that homosexuals are infact people. Preposterous.

I fell ill when I hear 'war on terror' getting drudged up. Honestly, makes me baulk. 'New Labour' is another that gets me. 'Deregulation' (i.e. f**k the environment) avoiding 'unnecessary red-tape' (like worker safety), 'market liberalisation' (freeing foreigners from the strain of having income), and most of all 'Public-Private Partnership' (public taxes pay, company X takes home the winnings, everybody wins. Except everyone else).

Others to come...

kevmicsmi

jamaesi said:

Where did you quote that from? I cant find it on this thread?

Smoke

Done here.
What I really hate is when people say, "I'm not a homophobe. I don't have anything against gay people at all. I do think homosexuality a disgusting sin, and I think we need to protect the sanctity of marriage as being between a man and a woman. But I have gay friends and I'm still friends with them even though I disagree with their lifestyle. I'm not a homophobe, and I'm sick of people telling me I am."

kevmicsmi

MidnightBlue said:
What I really hate is when people say, "I'm not a homophobe. I don't have anything against gay people at all. I do think homosexuality a disgusting sin, and I think we need to protect the sanctity of marriage as being between a man and a woman. But I have gay friends and I'm still friends with them even though I disagree with their lifestyle. I'm not a homophobe, and I'm sick of people telling me I am."

Ill answer from my perspective. So if I think you are a sinner, no better or worse than any other sinner in Gods eyes which happens to be all of us, do you think I am a homophobe?

Smoke

Done here.
kevmicsmi said:
Ill answer from my perspective. So if I think you are a sinner, no better or worse than any other sinner in Gods eyes which happens to be all of us, do you think I am a homophobe?
Do you think I'm a sinner because I'm human, or because I'm gay?