• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy war or unconditional love?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Well there's the issue of conflicting morals. So we are forced to tolerate each other. The question is what general minimum universal agreement can most people live with.

Then there is conflicting versions of reality. All the problems that may come with that.

I think the best a person can do is leave all people to their own truth and develope a universal minimum agreement. The best truth will outlive the worst truth hopefully.

I think Americans need to be tolerant in a way just like that in order to preserve the republic.

That way the true peacemakers will outlast the vengeful.

I mean if you are against abortion then apply that to your own people who stand with you. If you are for abortion then stand with your own kind.

There's no need to be telling people what truth to live so long as they are able to exist civilly.

So it's the right to your own truth so long as it doesn't violate or harm/ damage others.

Personally, for example, a woman should have full rights over her own body. Why feel the need to apply the contrary to everyone?

Everyone should have full right to a non violent truth of their own choice.

Also the freedom to speak your own civil truth should never be compromised. And freedom of expression is important so long as it's not slander.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well there's the issue of conflicting morals. So we are forced to tolerate each other. The question is what general minimum universal agreement can most people live with.

Then there is conflicting versions of reality. All the problems that may come with that.

I think the best a person can do is leave all people to their own truth and develope a universal minimum agreement. The best truth will outlive the worst truth hopefully.

I think Americans need to be tolerant in a way just like that in order to preserve the republic.

That way the true peacemakers will outlast the vengeful.

I mean if you are against abortion then apply that to your own people who stand with you. If you are for abortion then stand with your own kind.

There's no need to be telling people what truth to live so long as they are able to exist civilly.

So it's the right to your own truth so long as it doesn't violate or harm/ damage others.

Personally, for example, a woman should have full rights over her own body. Why feel the need to apply the contrary to everyone?

Everyone should have full right to a non violent truth of their own choice.

Also the freedom to speak your own civil truth should never be compromised. And freedom of expression is important so long as it's not slander.
Very well said :) thank you for sharing

Audie

Veteran Member
Helen of Troy (Trojan War) was mythology
WWI was political = power = money
WWII was political = power = money
The international conflict in Afghanistan was triggered by the September 11 attacks = religion

Power = money

And atheism is a religion?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
You didnt.
Just my way of saying the equivocation has gotten out of hand if power and money are the same thing
Well think about it . . . how is power achieved in this world? By being rich. Countries that have the most power are the richest ones. A political war is waged in order to achieve power over another country.

firedragon

Veteran Member
In our world today it is clearly many conflicts between humans, for various reasons.

But if we were to look at an solution that could reduce or even remove the conflicts fully. Some religions speak of holy war, others of unconditional love toward all people.

And a third option... to remove all forms of religions to remove hate??

OP starter will give his answer to what seems to be a good answer later, during discussion.

Everyone are welcome to give their view.

Thats a false dichotomy. Why is "Holy War" there very specifically?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well think about it . . . how is power achieved in this world? By being rich. Countries that have the most power are the richest ones. A political war is waged in order to achieve power over another country.

Not exactly true. Power can be achieved by having power over another rich country. ;)

Audie

Veteran Member
Yeah that's all so.
Besides religion and power there's
only soccer.

RestlessSoul

Helen of Troy wasnt money.
WW 1 and 2 were not for money.
Invasion of Afghanistan wasnt fot money

Tell me you were being facetious.

The Trojan war, if it ever happened, was almost certainly over control of maritime trade routes through the Bosporus

WWI involved rival empires at the zenith of European Imperialism, fighting over their perceived power and influence.

Nazi Germany invaded Russia for land and resources, the same reason Japan invaded China.

It’s always about wealth and power. Even the crusades were about that, religion was just a convenient propaganda tool, but no more than that.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think world peace is not as hard as we make it out to be.

(1) Promote human rights
(2) Promote compassion, and justice and brotherhood of mankind (even if we see each other hell-bound, we have to see each other as human brothers and sisters)
(3) Promote interpretations of religions in compliance with these two
(4) Demand proofs for all laws and human rights
(5) Promote enlightenment of rights and issues of social justice

3 is extreme complicated in that different people emphasize on different interpretations, but with 4, it should be easier.

Also, let every culture contribute their reasoning for their values. Don't promote one culture over another.

We also have to get a world government, the world is too interconnected to stay without one. I don't mind given that to a non-Muslim government (should have some Muslim representatives though) personally but with some conditions we are free to practice and promote our religion.

Honestly

I believe that the vast majority of religions are designed to lead people to live lives of goodness. Religions are not the cause of hate. The whisperings of Satan are the cause of hate.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
In our world today it is clearly many conflicts between humans, for various reasons.

But if we were to look at an solution that could reduce or even remove the conflicts fully. Some religions speak of holy war, others of unconditional love toward all people.

And a third option... to remove all forms of religions to remove hate??

OP starter will give his answer to what seems to be a good answer later, during discussion.

Everyone are welcome to give their view.

I think, regardless of religion, race or nationality we need an international ethic to be adopted by all people and taught in all the schools.

It should go something like this..

Welcome all with the light of oneness. (Baha’u’llah)

Our common humanity is what is our common denominator and what can unite us
That we are all one race, the human race.