• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hindusim is dead on RF

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, I did follow Vaisnava thought for six or seven years... and I aint dead yet. Does that count? The Hindu view of reality helped form my own overview long ago and I don't see that changing. The basic underpinnings are almost perfect imho.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Well, I did follow Vaisnava thought for six or seven years... and I aint dead yet. Does that count? The Hindu view of reality helped form my own overview long ago and I don't see that changing. The basic underpinnings are almost perfect imho.

Yes this does count! I always knew that you believed in certain Hindu concepts. :)

Thanks for sharing. :hug:

I can't think of new thread ideas for the Hinduism forum! Do you have any ideas for new threads?

Does anyone else have any ideas? :confused:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes this does count! I always knew that you believed in certain Hindu concepts. :)

Thanks for sharing. :hug:

I can't think of new thread ideas for the Hinduism forum! Do you have any ideas for new threads?

Does anyone else have any ideas? :confused:

I still get inspiration from the basic concept of Triune divinity: Vishnu (the sustainer), Shiva (the destroyer) and Brahma (the creator). When one appreciates that they radiate from Bhagavan then it certainly opens ones mind to some interesting possibilities -- the least of which is the Oneness of all (and not just the "big" three, but literally -- ALL).

Hema: Perhaps you could steal a page from Cordoba in the Islam DIR and slap up a page about each aspect of the Hindu pantheon you get inspiration (guidance/solace) from. The curious thing is that people have this idea that there are a billion separate gods in Hinduism, where in fact there is only One with a myriad of aspects. Might make for an interesting thread or three. :)

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I still get inspiration from the basic concept of Triune divinity: Vishnu (the sustainer), Shiva (the destroyer) and Brahma (the creator). When one appreciates that they radiate from Bhagavan then it certainly opens ones mind to some interesting possibilities -- the least of which is the Oneness of all (and not just the "big" three, but literally -- ALL).

Hema: Perhaps you could steal a page from Cordoba in the Islam DIR and slap up a page about each aspect of the Hindu pantheon you get inspiration (guidance/solace) from. The curious thing is that people have this idea that there are a billion separate gods in Hinduism, where in fact there is only One with a myriad of aspects. Might make for an interesting thread or three. :)

Thank you so much for your wonderful ideas! :)

mahesh

Im light as air. Dnt you worry. Worry about yourself and your afterlife. i just think how i could getyou to read the scriptures of Bhagwan Swaminarayan as they are.

You are? Fantastic! Great! Party time people!

WHat school of Hinduism do you believe in? Do you believe in a specific god? Tell me about yourself mate!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Im light as air. Dnt you worry. Worry about yourself and your afterlife. i just think how i could getyou to read the scriptures of Bhagwan Swaminarayan as they are.

Dear Mahesh, please remember that the Vedas say that Truth is one but is called by different names. Similarly there are many religions but they all lead to the same destination. There are many sects within our own Hindu faith but we all pray to the same God. We are all Hindus. We are the same. :)

I was not born a Hindu,I have only just began beleving in Hinduism relatively recently. I have always been drawn to the Dharmic religions, but have never settled down into a set religion per se. I was born as a Greek Orthodox and when I was younger the whole Chrisitian dogma was not working out for me, so I was not Greek Orthodox anymore. Then I went through I long period of time with being a theist, and nothing more. I searched for my true calling and have found it, I hope. Oh I really hope so! I beleive the most in Advaita Vedanta school of thought. I also hold many truths of Buddhism close in my practices. So i guess you could say I am mainly a Hindu, with a sprinkling of Buddhism in me.

Thats great. Sadly im through and through hindu (cor ;)) I hope to see you around a lot more mate.

Did you know about that club in Athens which opened which depicted Durgaa Maa holding 7 bottles of Rum, i believe that board was removed now.