• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hindusim is dead on RF

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
You know you posted a double thread? :p I'm still here, upholding Dharma any way I can. Tell your Hindu friends about RF!

robtex

Veteran Member
Great thread...ok i am confident everyone knows at least one hindu in cyberspace. Go find him/her and tell them about RF!!!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
tlcmel said:
Well I wouldn't label myself a "Hindu" but I do embrace some of it's beliefs.:)

That's great! Out of curiousity...what aspects of Hinduism were you talking about?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Neti neti....
Yes we need more Hindus/theoretical physicists here.

For a major religion, with millions of adherents, Hinduism is woefully underrepresented on RF.

Should the Sanatana Dharma remain an anthropological and metaphysical curiosity, or should we open up our world-view to the world at large?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am working on a couple of Ideas; Uncle Sunstone's brain is also working overtime (I'm scared his head might overheat and melt his darling Mrs Latex when he hugs her:( )

akshar

It's very annoying, i am participating more on the general religious forum now, we have like a year old threads on this, delete them! People need to stop rambling on about other peoples religion and discuss there own on this forum.

Come on! a few more frubals then that!

Hacker

Hema said:
That's great! Out of curiousity...what aspects of Hinduism were you talking about?
Well I believe in the law of karma in which every action, thought or decision has it's consequences whether good or bad that will carry on with that person in this life and perhaps the next.

Reincarnation, I believe that this is the only way we can learn and balance the karma.

I believe in NIrvana, which is the final stage of the soul which is the deliverance of the soul evidentally from the endless cycle of rebirths.:)

akshar

Good, that is the part of hinduism which most people belive in. Being hindu i belive in that very strongly.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I just got banned for a week from the Hindu site that I am on "The Hindu Dharma Forums". I suppose it had something to do with saying that in the Kingdome of God on earth there is no birth and therefore no rebirth. At least I don't see the KOG on earth as being eternal so it doesn't completely lock people out but the time out could be as long as 12,000 years. That is a long time to be out of body and have only your own memories and thoughts for company.

The thing is that it may be that peole just want to hear themselves talk and not hear the words of others especially if the concepts appear to contradict their learned concepts. My approach is that if it has value it is worth listening to and conflicting information gives me a good reason to investigate further the validity of my own faith. By talking to myself I learn very little but by talking to people with different concepts I learn much.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Muffled said:
I just got banned for a week from the Hindu site that I am on "The Hindu Dharma Forums". I suppose it had something to do with saying that in the Kingdome of God on earth there is no birth and therefore no rebirth. At least I don't see the KOG on earth as being eternal so it doesn't completely lock people out but the time out could be as long as 12,000 years. That is a long time to be out of body and have only your own memories and thoughts for company.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Kingdom of God on earth". Is it like when a highly evolved soul, such as a Swami, who can attain Moksha or liberation whilst still alive and in the human form? You are "newish" here! Welcome aboard.
Hinduism does believe in reincarnation but the soul itself was never born and will never die.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hema said:
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Kingdom of God on earth". Is it like when a highly evolved soul, such as a Swami, who can attain Moksha or liberation whilst still alive and in the human form? You are "newish" here! Welcome aboard.
Hinduism does believe in reincarnation but the soul itself was never born and will never die.

The Kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom because God/Jesus is king and a spirit. The Kingdom of God on earth refers to the time when the New Jerusalem descends to earth and there is no evil in the world (no kingdom of darkness), no death by old age or illness and no birth of children. It will be akin to the Kingdom of Heaven, the place where people go when they wish to be out of the time cycle, also called Heaven or Paradise. Technically the Kingdom is on earth already as it dwells in the Christian believer but it coexists with the kingdom of darkness.

Although highly evolved souls are welcome in the KOGoe, so are a number of not so evolved souls who simply prefer light over darkness, good over evil. The souls memory is wiped of evil and it only knows good. This is the meaning behind the Adam and Eve story in Genesis where evil is allowed back on earth to start another time cycle. Before that point Adam and Eve knew no evil.

I am not sure what you mean by this although I have heard of people trying to detach themselves from worldliness. This is a worthy goal and one that Jesus espouses but I am not like the gnostics who viewed this world as evil. All of the worlds were created for our benefit and God called them good. However it is likely that we may spend as much time out of the body as in it, so it behooves us to engender those things that have spiritual value.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Muffled said:
The Kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom because God/Jesus is king and a spirit. The Kingdom of God on earth refers to the time when the New Jerusalem descends to earth and there is no evil in the world (no kingdom of darkness), no death by old age or illness and no birth of children. It will be akin to the Kingdom of Heaven, the place where people go when they wish to be out of the time cycle, also called Heaven or Paradise. Technically the Kingdom is on earth already as it dwells in the Christian believer but it coexists with the kingdom of darkness.

Although highly evolved souls are welcome in the KOGoe, so are a number of not so evolved souls who simply prefer light over darkness, good over evil. The souls memory is wiped of evil and it only knows good. This is the meaning behind the Adam and Eve story in Genesis where evil is allowed back on earth to start another time cycle. Before that point Adam and Eve knew no evil.

I am not sure what you mean by this although I have heard of people trying to detach themselves from worldliness. This is a worthy goal and one that Jesus espouses but I am not like the gnostics who viewed this world as evil. All of the worlds were created for our benefit and God called them good. However it is likely that we may spend as much time out of the body as in it, so it behooves us to engender those things that have spiritual value.

Yes I do believe that the KOG is a spiritual kingdom and yes Jesus is king but Jesus is one name that I have for God - I also see him as Hanumanji, Krishna, Allah etc. What you are speaking about sounds like the age of Satyug. Time moves in cycles of Yugas - we are in Kalyug - a dark age where people have forgotten God. Athe end of Kalyug after God had manifested to reinforce righteous living there will be Satyug where there will be only goodness and adherance to God"s rules

This forum is the one that I come to first here at R.E. I'm on the road a lot this time of year so I don't get the chance to post all that often. Greetings and blessing to you all.:)

Todd

Rajun Cajun
RF just purchased http://www.hinduismforums.com/ which will be directly pointed to religiousforums.com in an effort to correct this and increase hindu membership. We have also done this with other religions and beliefs before. It'll take a few hours in order for the forwarding to be setup, but ultimately you will be able to go to hinduismforums.com and it will be directed to RF. Hope that helps some.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Muffled said:

I'm sorry, and I know this is a little off topic but I just have to know.....if you're a Christian, then why is your avatar a symbolic representation of the Wiccan holiday cycle?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Todd said:
RF just purchased http://www.hinduismforums.com/ which will be directly pointed to religiousforums.com in an effort to correct this and increase hindu membership. We have also done this with other religions and beliefs before. It'll take a few hours in order for the forwarding to be setup, but ultimately you will be able to go to hinduismforums.com and it will be directed to RF. Hope that helps some.
That is fantastic Todd. What a wonderful thing to do. Frubals to you and anyone else in on the decision.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Todd said:

We just purchased them? Cool!