• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's Comeback?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
She's a shining example of what you can accomplish in this country with nothing but ambition, willpower, and hard work.

To those that say you need brains, talent, personality, or something else of value to offer, I say you have been proven wrong.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I understand that you've had enuf Weiner, but I'll wager that his political career is over.
(To overcome that checkered sexual history is a high hurdle.)
But Hillary is only 69, & has more manageable baggage.

Oh, & just to be clear to some....
This is about Hillary Clinton, not Hillary Duff.

OH!!! I was thinking you were talking about Hilary Swank, but just spelled her name wrong.... well actually I first thought you were talking about Sir Edmund Hillary but then he is dead so it could not have been about him :D

I believe the statement came from Hillary that she would not run for another public office...but then I believe after he loss to Obama and while in the Secretary of State position she said she would not run for president again so......

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
She's a shining example of what you can accomplish in this country with nothing but ambition, willpower, and hard work.

To those that say you need brains, talent, personality, or something else of value to offer, I say you have been proven wrong.

I have taken some time to read up on her History and she is pretty impressive in her Youth. Her Husband in my opinion qualifies on what you just switch Hard work with Good Looks(For Some). I have read up on him and am not impressed.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I have taken some time to read up on her History and she is pretty impressive in her Youth. Her Husband in my opinion qualifies on what you just switch Hard work with Good Looks(For Some). I have read up on him and am not impressed.

I find her dull, transparent, predictable, and shallow. I suspect a meaningful percentage of voters agree, hence her unviability as a presidential candidate.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Jerry Brown surprised everyone by running for mayor of Oakland ... and did a damn good job after being elected.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think she should get back in to distract the right wing. I will enjoy watching the right froth at the mouth and have tantrums over her.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OH!!! I was thinking you were talking about Hilary Swank, but just spelled her name wrong.... well actually I first thought you were talking about Sir Edmund Hillary but then he is dead so it could not have been about him :D

I believe the statement came from Hillary that she would not run for another public office...but then I believe after he loss to Obama and while in the Secretary of State position she said she would not run for president again so......
Never hold a politician to a promise not to run for office again.

Underhill

I'll give you another chance to read the post,
& grok exactly what it is that I'm neutral about.
And yes, you'll be graded on your answer.

I am sure you are neutral about a great deal. Anything remotely related to Hillary is probably not on that list.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am sure you are neutral about a great deal. Anything remotely related to Hillary is probably not on that list.
Oh, dear....you get an F.
I'm neutral about the possibility Hillary becoming mayor of NYC.
Do you now see that if I claim a position aout something, you
should look at what what I described in its entirety....not just
pick an element thereof. I really expected more of you.

Underhill

Oh, dear....you get an F.
I'm neutral about the possibility Hillary becoming mayor of NYC.
Do you now see that if I claim a position aout something, you
should look at what what I described in its entirety....not just
pick an element thereof. I really expected more of you.

Yeah, I am devastated.

I don't care what you said (which was my point if you read MY post). I simply don't believe you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't care what you said (which was my point if you read MY post). I simply don't believe you.
I don't believe that you don't believe me.
Why would I not be neutral about her becoming mayor of a city in another state?
It wouldn't affect me in any possible way.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think for 2020 I wouldn't mind seeing a Chelsea Clinton and Ivanka Trump ticket on the Democratic side of course. Both are intelligent and compassionate young [relative to me] ladies, and they're mutual friends to boot. And they're nice to look at, imo. :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
101.5 NJ radio was saying that there's talk about making 287, 78 and 195 toll roads. Nothing specific yet but if there's talk its only a short time.
Speaking of NJ, did Trump have dirt on Chris Christie that forced Christie to back Trump?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the news.....
https://www.salon.com/2017/11/24/heres-your-leftover-turkey-the-case-for-hillary-clinton-2020/

As I read the above, I had the distinct impression that it was an Onion article.
They even had Hitler in it!
But they seem serious...they want Hillary to run in 2020?
Gawd, I hope so.
No, I hope not.
But it would be great sport to watch, so I hope so.
OTOH, I'd like to see a non-evil candidate, so I hope not.
But.....meh....I'll have to ruminate on it......

Does anyone here want to see her run?
Anyone want to see her as Prez?

Yerda

Veteran Member

Being married to a president probably helped a bit too.