• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary vs. Condi

Who would you vote for

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Condeleza Rice

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Given the choice, I'd pick Condi. Even though the GOP has let me down of late, I just don't trust Hilary any more than I did not trust Bill. :eek: They just strike me as political opportunists with no moral center.

I will go out on a limb and bet that the 2008 Presidential election will not come down to a contest between Rice and Clinton. I think each of them has enough detractors to convince their respective parties to seek other candidates.

Ulver

I voted for Hillary (I want Bill back!), but in truth almost any woman becoming president would be a good thing. Rice certainly seems more rational then the others in the current admin.

.... though I would never vote for Tipper Gore or anyone who was part of the PMRC!

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
If push came to shove, and gun came to my head, I'd pick Mrs. Clinton. The GOP has royally ticked me off, and Condy just looks like a "yes woman".

PureX

Veteran Member
Condi has done nothing but lie for George Bush since she took office. She isn't really qualified for anything but 'professional toady'. Hillary may be obnoxious, but at least she can think for herself. Say whatever you want about Hillary Clinton, but one thing she isn't is anyone else's toady.

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
I'd vote for Hillary only because she'd be the lesser of two evils. I was no fan of the Clintons but I like the Bush administration even less. Clinton's lies were harmless personal stuff. Whereas Bush's lies are about matters of the utmost importance.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Hillary, even though I fear she'd screw the gay community over like Bill did for political gain, at least we'd have a chance with her, unlike Condi.

lizskid

BANNED
Hill, she's smart and not a Repug. But, do I think she would do a great job? Not really, but better than Condi!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I suspect that Ms. Rice has greater integrity. I wish I had a better sense of her politics. That said, and only knowing what I know now, I would be more likely to vote for Senator Clinton.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
sandy whitelinger said:
Who would you vote for?
They're both intelligent and capable women. But I would never vote for Condi because she backed the Iraq war, and I believe she did it knowing that there was no evidence of WMDs.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
lilithu said:
They're both intelligent and capable women. But I would never vote for Condi because she backed the Iraq war, and I believe she did it knowing that there was no evidence of WMDs.
May I ask why you believe that?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Jay said:
May I ask why you believe that?
Largely based on Bob Woodward's book. Coupled with news reports that intelligence didn't agree with what the white house was saying yet were ignored.

athanasius

There is only one rational thing to say about why Hilary should never be president. "Liberal feminist" enough said!!!!!!!!!!

God help us.
Athanasius

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
athanasius said:
There is only one rational thing to say about why Hilary should never be president. "Liberal feminist" enough said!!!!!!!!!!

God help us.
Athanasius
You consider that rational?

God help us indeed.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I'm not terribly fond of either but if the choice had to be made I'd pick Ms. Clinton.

Condi reminds me too much of Bush with her bull headed ways. One of the attributes that I liked about Bill Clinton was that he was intelligent and secure enough to ask questions and genuinely take counsel from others. A sign of strength to me. Hillary is much the same and I like that quality in a person. A well informed person makes better choices most of the time.

Having said that....I think neither will be in the running for a presidential candidate anytime soon. At least not seriously.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I feel the same as Gene. At gun point, I would vote for Hilary, allthough I am strongly against some of her views, such as the violence in video games.

Ulver

Luke Wolf said:
I feel the same as Gene. At gun point, I would vote for Hilary, allthough I am strongly against some of her views, such as the violence in video games.

Yes.... her, Liberman and Tipper Gore have all been big names at blaming society's ills on Video Games, Music and youth culture. This is really the number one thing that I dislike the most about the Democrat party.