• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi, newbie here... you there...

Neutron Star

I never knew there was such a thing as "religiousforums" until a few days ago. Lately I've been signing up on dozens of forums mainly in order to get more practice with English. Hopefully I don't get banned too quickly... :eek:

Every one of these forums has a certain core of members. And from that core a culture emanates. I'm interested to understand the "bias" so to speak, here, because there is one here. Every site has a slant.

Insofar I find the stated level of censorship relating to the novel coronavirus pandemic disturbing here I will probably avoid such discussions.

Personally I don't know what the point of this place is. Is it for debating religions? Researching new things? I see there are plenty of non-religious threads. I intend on staying away from contentious things.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I never knew there was such a thing as "religiousforums" until a few days ago. Lately I've been signing up on dozens of forums mainly in order to get more practice with English. Hopefully I don't get banned too quickly... :eek:

Every one of these forums has a certain core of members. And from that core a culture emanates. I'm interested to understand the "bias" so to speak, here, because there is one here. Every site has a slant.

Insofar I find the stated level of censorship relating to the novel coronavirus pandemic disturbing here I will probably avoid such discussions.

Personally I don't know what the point of this place is. Is it for debating religions? Researching new things? I see there are plenty of non-religious threads. I intend on staying away from contentious things.

It's interesting to get an outsider's take on us. Well, you're an insider now. Welcome!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

We're pretty much an open book. What do you feel the point of this forum needs to be?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Namaste, greetings, and salutations. Let's hope you find this a community you'll enjoy.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Welcome. You speak English well (I'm American and my English sucks). Where are you from?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I'm interested in how many people are actually religious here. It's a place of constant critique, but it does have a nice format. Religious debate is a popular past time here. Atheists abound here as well. That's my perception of it anyway.

Welcome!

Neutron Star

Thanks all!

What do you feel the point of this forum needs to be?
Offhand I would think it's ad revenue. It's ultimately up to the site owner, admin., and users what the point is...

You speak English well (I'm American and my English sucks).
:) I'm American, too. You're not that bad...

but it does have a nice format.
Yes, I just switched to Default view. It's much better than UI.X.

Religious debate is a popular past time here.
Yes, I will leave that to the experts for now.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Welcome to RF @Neutron Star
Perhaps if you feel comfortable to do so you might like to share if you are a student and what you are studying, or if you are working what kind of work you do.

Also do you have any interest in science?
I think it is interesting to test religious ideas against science, and it is also interesting when we get someone with expertise in a particular area who can illuminate us.

Kind regards :)

Neutron Star

Thanks @danieldemol !
I think it is interesting to test religious ideas against science
I agree, there is absolute truth and we can know it!

Thank you @Brickjectivity some reason I didn't see full rules Rules & Guidelines | Religious Forums . Reading them over now and I have to report first sentence says

Mission Statement

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.
(bold added)

I don't intend on debating or persuading anyone's religion, though. I think it's pointless. It might be against my religion to do so anyhow... I should find out...

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.

We Never Know

No Slack

Wear boots and be ready for anything.
And welcome.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Welcome to RF.

There is definitely a political bias here. Religious? Probably there are more Christians than any other religion but have a goodly number of atheists as well.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Hi, welome to RF, just sit back, relax and enjoy the cake.
3291372281_d72ef5e24f_b.jpg

Heyo

Veteran Member
I never knew there was such a thing as "religiousforums" until a few days ago. Lately I've been signing up on dozens of forums mainly in order to get more practice with English.
Welcome to RF.
Hopefully I don't get banned too quickly... :eek:
[...]
I intend on staying away from contentious things.
I didn't and I'm still on. The ban hammer strikes rarely on RF.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hello NS and welcome.
Whatever you do, don't eat any cakes that are offered to you here. Some folks put really dodgy stuff in 'em.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Welcome!!! And such a great contentious beginning by stating there is a censorship here! :D

My bias? Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no-one comes to the Father but through him. :) But trying to say it with love. :hugehug: