• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone,

Someone tipped me off that this site might be a place I'd enjoy.

I went to sign up, and, what do you know, I already had account with 30-something posts dating from 2006. :) So I guess I've been here before, though I have no real recollection of it. So, I'm basically new.

What are the best sub-forums to read or subscribe to? Any good conversations going on right now?

Anyone have a link to the rule set? How's the moderation here (You can private message me on that second question if you don't want to answer it publicly ;) )?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Welcome back to the forums. I don't know where the rules link currently is hid, but probably in the profile or preferences.

Maybe that was your alter-ego, Fish and ̶F̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ Chips.

LOL. Thanks. My alter-ego sounds delicious. :) Maybe with some tatar sauce and coleslaw.

Welcome Back.

:)

Thanks! I noticed your avatar's subtitle and your signature file. Are you really Zoroastrian? If so, one of the 7,000 or so living in India? A Persian? Someone unrelated who is following the tenants of the religion despite not being the child of Zoroastrians (I hear they don't do conversions, at least not these days)?

I've always found Zoroastrianism fascinating. Not as something I'd ever want to become, just intellectually. And it strikes me as very odd that the official religion of the Persian Empire for 1,000 years has almost been erased from history. Even though Christianity clearly adopted a lot of Zoroastrianism's concepts in a heavily modified way, they are largely unacknowledged in the bible or by the early Saints in any way, not even to the extent of the Greco-Roman pagans. I understand that Christianity first and later Islam kind of swept through that region and converted almost everyone (Which is why I've heard most of the remnant believers are in India rather than Iran or something), but still, it's amazing how uneducated we all are in what was once one of the world's major religions.

It was kind of interesting to learn that some of the Kurds are Yazdis. When the media started describing their beliefs, I pretty much immediately picked up on a strong Zorostrian influence even before they started reporting said influence. I wonder if their ancestors were Zoroastrians who refused to fully convert and practiced their religion in secret, eventually turning it into a hybrid religion, kind of like how many Jews in Spain in the middle ages converted to Catholicism on the surface and maintained Jewish practices in secret. There are some descendants of those Catholic Jews in a town Latin America (Presumably Spanish immigrants) who had no idea they were following Jewish customs and just thought they were Catholics with local traditions until someone pointed it out to them.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
LOL. Thanks. My alter-ego sounds delicious. :) Maybe with some tatar sauce and coleslaw.

Thanks! I noticed your avatar's subtitle and your signature file. Are you really Zoroastrian? If so, one of the 7,000 or so living in India? A Persian? Someone unrelated who is following the tenants of the religion despite not being the child of Zoroastrians (I hear they don't do conversions, at least not these days)?

I've always found Zoroastrianism fascinating. Not as something I'd ever want to become, just intellectually. And it strikes me as very odd that the official religion of the Persian Empire for 1,000 years has almost been erased from history. Even though Christianity clearly adopted a lot of Zoroastrianism's concepts in a heavily modified way, they are largely unacknowledged in the bible or by the early Saints in any way, not even to the extent of the Greco-Roman pagans. I understand that Christianity first and later Islam kind of swept through that region and converted almost everyone (Which is why I've heard most of the remnant believers are in India rather than Iran or something), but still, it's amazing how uneducated we all are in what was once one of the world's major religions.

It was kind of interesting to learn that some of the Kurds are Yazdis. When the media started describing their beliefs, I pretty much immediately picked up on a strong Zorostrian influence even before they started reporting said influence. I wonder if their ancestors were Zoroastrians who refused to fully convert and practiced their religion in secret, eventually turning it into a hybrid religion, kind of like how many Jews in Spain in the middle ages converted to Catholicism on the surface and maintained Jewish practices in secret. There are some descendants of those Catholic Jews in a town Latin America (Presumably Spanish immigrants) who had no idea they were following Jewish customs and just thought they were Catholics with local traditions until someone pointed it out to them.

I'm a European, British. Convert. :) Conversion is disallowed by the Islamic authorities in Iran and the Parsis are just a little sub group with their own distinct-ness.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Re-greetings!
The moderation is terrible.
<Thwack!> <Slap!>
The moderation is great!

Now, have some....
Blueberry%2BPie%2Bfrom%2BBaked%2BPerfection.jpg

I'm a European, British. Convert. :) Conversion is disallowed by the Islamic authorities in Iran and the Parsis are just a little sub group with their own distinct-ness.

Is there a Zoroastrian sub-forum hidden here somewhere? I'd be interested in browsing some threads.