• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi all

dendrophilous

Wandering
Hello, I'm new. I came here to ask questions mostly. This seems like it is a very informative forum so I'm looking forward to learning a lot.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to the forums!

Do you like trees?
(I know this may seem like a terribly random question, but your username suggests such to me) :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes! I love trees. Ever since I was a little kid I've had a fondness for them and forests. Oaks, ash and maple especially.
I grow a lot of redbuds, catalpas, Norway spruces, dawn redwoods, white pines & lindens.
Alas, all our ash trees have died cuz of the emerald ash borer infestation. Where do you live?

dendrophilous

Wandering
Kansas. We have a lot of oaks and sharons that spread saplings everywhere so every year I pick them out of the ground. Most go to compost, but I keep some of them to experiment with inoculation. I have a cute little tree right now from a few years ago that's a squat collection of five wrapped sharon saplings that have fused together.

I caught a cottonwood borer over the summer. They're apparently one of the largest beetles in North America and he was very interesting, very pretty. Of course they also do a lot of damage. We have a lot of cottonwoods around my neighborhood so I ended up keeping him as a sort of pet/specimen. Lots of cool pictures! Very docile insect and very huge, I was able to handle him each time I put new leaves in the jar. He died over the winter, so I set him up and dried him. He's in a display case now, looks like he's ready to walk away :)

I'm generally into anything nature-related.