• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Her Body / Her Choice / Her problem

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why, just because you say so?

Elaborate your argument, and show that your claim is true.

How did you go from my claim

1 the fetus didn’t decided to cause any harm to the woman

To,

You conclusion

2 therefore the fetus is not a person?
you are obviously missing some steps.............

Or should I include this in the list of random assertions that you will not justify?
You know that you have lost when you say "Just because you say so".

Come on. You can do better.

leroy

No, to be added to your endless failures. Change your debating style if you want better resonses.
Well my debating “style” is to ask my opponent to support their claims ……. If you don’t like that style, then what other style do you think I should have?

JIMMY12345

I´ve notice that some “pro-choice” arguments can be used by male jerks to avoid responsabilities, or to justify horrible crimes agaisnt a woman, I would like to ask pro choice people their opinion about these

Some examples:

Argumet: 1

Her Body / Her Choice

What a jerk might argue using that logic:

I jerk would add "Her Body / Her Choice / Her problem"

If one grants that the woman can do whatever she wants with her body including killing the fetus, then why should the man have any responsibility if the mother decides not to abort? If she has the right to abort and avoid the responsibility of being a mother why can’t the man also avoid such responsibility and avoid things like child support?........
After all she decided to have the child when she had the alternative to abort, and she knew that the man is not willing to pay for child support, why should the man have any responsabilities?

Argument 2

It’s not a human worthy of human rights, it´s just a tumor or a parasite, as valuable as an intestine worm.

If woman have the right to kill intestine worms in her body, why can´t she simply kill the embryo?

What a Jerk might argue using that logic

If the fetus is just an intestine worm, it´ shouldn’t be illegal to force a woman to abort, a father shouldn’t go to prison for forcing her 15yo daughter to abort , I force my 3yo daughter against her will to take antibiotics and kill parasites all the time, and as far as I can tell, I don’t deserve to go to prison for that……….. so why is forcing a woman to kill an embryo considered a serious crime.?........

Argument 3

All woman should have the right to abort, even if they are 12yo even without the consent of their parents, no question should be asked, no cops involved

What a jerk might say/do:

A rapist could rape his 12yo neighbor, and then send her to an abortion clinic, nobody would ask any questions, nobody would make any investigation and the rapist can repeat his crime over and over again.

From the point of view of a pro lifer it is very easy to refute the Jerk “it is not her body” (and therefore not just her problem) ……… it´s a human and therefore forcing a woman to kill a human should be a serious crime, and any 12yo girl that became pregnant was obviously the victim of sexual abuse, so yes we should tell her parents, and call the police and start an investigation.

My question for pro choicers is:

How would you refute a Jerk without denying or rejecting the original arguments?

It seems to me that by using these arguments you are opening the door to more injustice and violence against the woman, (which would be again the goal of any feminist movement)……

With Jerk I mean “any male that would do something against woman rights”
Some pro choicers are suggesting that women (even teenagers) should have the right to have a free and anonymous abortion, without the consent or even the knowledge of the parents.

My point is that these type of "laws" seem to be for the benefit of rapists , not for the benefit of women.

JIMMY12345

Another problem is that many women want the baby. However Republicans and Democrats do not want to give them adequate federal assistance for housing and food. This means that the women are forced to have abortions. A child has a right to life. However it has to be life of a reasonable quality .A child brought into this world MUST be assured of a roof over their head and food and not see their parents go hungry to feed them.

leroy

Another problem is that many women want the baby. However Republicans and Democrats do not want to give them adequate federal assistance for housing and food. This means that the women are forced to have abortions. A child has a right to life. However it has to be life of a reasonable quality .A child brought into this world MUST be assured of a roof over their head and food and not see their parents go hungry to feed them.
Yea, abortion is good for the government and good for the statistics.

More abortions = less poverty rates, less expenses in social care and less responsibilities for everybody

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

I´ve notice that some “pro-choice” arguments can be used by male jerks to avoid responsabilities, or to justify horrible crimes agaisnt a woman, I would like to ask pro choice people their opinion about these

Some examples:

Argumet: 1

Her Body / Her Choice

What a jerk might argue using that logic:

I jerk would add "Her Body / Her Choice / Her problem"

If one grants that the woman can do whatever she wants with her body including killing the fetus, then why should the man have any responsibility if the mother decides not to abort? If she has the right to abort and avoid the responsibility of being a mother why can’t the man also avoid such responsibility and avoid things like child support?........
After all she decided to have the child when she had the alternative to abort, and she knew that the man is not willing to pay for child support, why should the man have any responsabilities?

Argument 2

It’s not a human worthy of human rights, it´s just a tumor or a parasite, as valuable as an intestine worm.

If woman have the right to kill intestine worms in her body, why can´t she simply kill the embryo?

What a Jerk might argue using that logic

If the fetus is just an intestine worm, it´ shouldn’t be illegal to force a woman to abort, a father shouldn’t go to prison for forcing her 15yo daughter to abort , I force my 3yo daughter against her will to take antibiotics and kill parasites all the time, and as far as I can tell, I don’t deserve to go to prison for that……….. so why is forcing a woman to kill an embryo considered a serious crime.?........

Argument 3

All woman should have the right to abort, even if they are 12yo even without the consent of their parents, no question should be asked, no cops involved

What a jerk might say/do:

A rapist could rape his 12yo neighbor, and then send her to an abortion clinic, nobody would ask any questions, nobody would make any investigation and the rapist can repeat his crime over and over again.

From the point of view of a pro lifer it is very easy to refute the Jerk “it is not her body” (and therefore not just her problem) ……… it´s a human and therefore forcing a woman to kill a human should be a serious crime, and any 12yo girl that became pregnant was obviously the victim of sexual abuse, so yes we should tell her parents, and call the police and start an investigation.

My question for pro choicers is:

How would you refute a Jerk without denying or rejecting the original arguments?

It seems to me that by using these arguments you are opening the door to more injustice and violence against the woman, (which would be again the goal of any feminist movement)……

With Jerk I mean “any male that would do something against woman rights”

Try rewriting that post without all the loaded insults.