• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone.

My name is Doctor James Robertson. I am the pastor of the Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Heritage, PA. There isn't too much more to say about me...I do prayer counseling, particularly for troubled teens, homosexuals and drug addicts, and I try to help everyone in our community. I also work full-time as an auto mechanic, to support my church, because the donations don't always cover the costs. I hope to find people here who want to discuss the word of God.

You really shouldn't post your real name on the internet. Or your location.

Why not? Someone might want to stop by and worship with us. The Lord doesn't make excuses for travellers. If you're out of town on a Sunday, you should be in church somewhere. We welcome everyone, come as you are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why not? Someone might want to stop by and worship with us. The Lord doesn't make excuses for travellers. If you're out of town on a Sunday, you should be in church somewhere. We welcome everyone, come as you are.
I see a couple reasons for shielding personal info from all but friends:
- In the anonymity of the internet, some posters will make the most vile personal insults. Personal info makes
this easier to do, & also harder to take when it is you, rather than a constructed persona being attacked.
- I know one gal who was stalked physically as a result of posting on another board.
Still, it could work out just fine for you.

I see a couple reasons for shielding personal info from all but friends:
- In the anonymity of the internet, some posters will make the most vile personal insults. Personal info makes
this easier to do, & also harder to take when it is you, rather than a constructed persona being attacked.

I don't know why somebody would want to insult me, I'm just a country preacher, but if they do, I can take it. We all know where anger comes from, after all, don't we?

Skwim

Veteran Member
If you're going down 220 at Unionville, just stop at the gas station and ask anybody. They'll get you steered in the right direction.
Okay, evidently just a small bedroom community then. Welcome, by the way, and what did you got your PhD. in? I assume your not an MD.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Is it against the rules to quote from the Bible?
No. It's just that most non-Christians don't regard the Bible as a decent source of information. Many regarding it as pretty much a mix of myth and questionable history, with a lot of misinformation and bad logic thrown in. So if you're going to use the Bible you best plan on preaching to the choir.

The Neo Nerd

Welcome Doc,

I googled Heritage and found. It is beautiful. Looks like a place i could live.

You said you counsel homosexual, i am a counselling student myself. May i ask what techniques you use when counselling them?

-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.