• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello to all

Belacqua

How do you do.

I look forward to getting to know you all. This forum was recommended to me by an on-line friend, so I hope to join in.

I'm an American who has lived in Japan for most of my life. In the old days I would have called myself agnostic (since I'm not sure what The Truth is) but these days people often define atheism as "lack of belief." So I guess I'm an atheist. I got interested in theology in a roundabout way, researching various artists, and how their beliefs determined what their art looks like.

My screen name is from Dante's Purgatorio -- the original Belacqua was an Italian who was famous for being lazy. I can relate.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaste. :praying: Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to the community.

When I first read your username, I thought it might have come from His Dark Materials.

Belacqua

Namaste. :praying: Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to the community.

When I first read your username, I thought it might have come from His Dark Materials.
That's interesting -- I've never read Pullman, though I"ve heard good things about his books. He must be a Dante fan.

Samuel Beckett also used the name Belacqua in some early stories. Not a very admirable character!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

This place usually sucks, but today we have....
R.5b1ba7819d3aca14001fdb8d35472d9c