• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello! New member introducing himself!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't him lie to you, there is nothing fun or interesting or worthwhile that happens in the staff halls, dining or otherwise. Nope, no reason to be interested at all.
Well, in addition to vigorous discussion, some
of the RF posters are quite fetching.
giphy.gif

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
It get's this concept from Taoism, Buddhism, and Zoroastrianism. The best way to explore this is through the concept of karma, from Buddhism. Their teaching of it is that every thought and deed you do physically creates good or bad karma. The karma you create will affect what happens to you.
Sorry, I was unclear. You say the state is the great, ultimate evil. How do you account for personal immorality that exists irrespective of the state. Or, how would a stateless society lead to us emanating the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth as opposed to letting lawless evil men run wild?

When I say this, I specifically mean the philosophy of a state. A governing state, government in itself. The idea of man supposing rule to legislate over other men in any way.
Family creates the perfect governing structure.
But, the family is exactly one or two men ruling over others, their children and perhaps grandchildren. Clans are just extended families, tribes are definitionally not states, so are they okay? If the idea is actually against the notion of the state, there are many forms of government which don't require it. If the idea is actually against governance, then you get into an end of private property, certainly no capitalism, and family dissolution.

This is a Confucian teaching.
Confucianism is a conformist, state idealizing philosophy.

Anarchy does not mean no rules, it means no rulers.
I have never seen an anarchist properly explain how we get meaningful rules without rulers. Somebody has to set the rules, somebody has to enforce them. If you have people who set the rules and people who enforce them over society, then you have a government whether you want to call it a state or not, no matter how loose the coalition is that provides the governing.

You make a really good point, I am going to reevaluate my claim on the Hailie Selassie version. The reason I chose it is: one, it includes the Book of Enoch in it’s canon. The KJV does not, yet within it’s pages it quotes Enoch and attributes it specifically to the Book. Two, because of my personal affiliation with Rastas in my personal life, which is why I’ll need to reevaluate this claim. I am not Rasta myself, rather I’m a practicing Nazarite, and our faith shares many of the same disciplines. A Rasta I met led me a lot closer to God, and matured my faith. Hailie Selassie himself denied any sort of deification, he stated he was just man. However, he includes the book of Enoch in his version, which I believe is canon, so I still will personally believe in this one instead.
I've met some pretty wonderful Rastafarians myself, though I think they are a bit misguided. Thanks for explaining why you chose it.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Sorry, I was unclear. You say the state is the great, ultimate evil. How do you account for personal immorality that exists irrespective of the state. Or, how would a stateless society lead to us emanating the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth as opposed to letting lawless evil men run wild?
I believe the State systematically propagates the cultivation of immorality in society (under the assumption that it is under direct rule of Satan). So, I believe that the State physically degrades the brain power successively and exceedingly throughout new generations of man. An example of this I believe is the decreased lifespan that humans were recorded as experiencing in the Bible. Human went from living for centuries to having a lifespan cap of 120 years. I believe that the State is the number one contributor to Climate Change/ the destruction of our environment as well, which affects our physical evolution.
I believe that the method in which it is possible for man to achieve this emanation of Heaven is inconceivable to us, because of the systematic degradation of our brainpower and consciousness. So, I believe that the removal of the state is necessary in order to reverse this process of devolution. As a Taoist, I believe every child is born with a pure primal yang spirit. Due to the false yin we live in today, that primal yang gets diluted and turns into false yang. When this process happens inside, this is when we require salvation from Jesus Christ, I believe. I believe by removing the State, we would create an environment of pure yin. Then, future generations, they would be able to cultivate their pure yang, and that would lead them to discover this process of the physical emanation of Heaven on Earth. Currently, our pure yang gets corrupted almost instantaneously upon experiencing modern society.
Confucianism is a conformist, state idealizing philosophy.
This, I whole heartedly disagree with, as someone who has studied the Confucian texts, and applied it’s moral principles to my life. I’d go as far to say that I believe that Confucianism is one of the earliest iterations of Anarchist philosophy. Confucius, was at his core, an anarchist. In history, there has been state-enforced Confucianism, but this has always collapsed. That is because the idea of state enforced Confucianism is an oxymoron. Confucius was an individualist.

Anarchist-capitalist philosophy has a thoroughly fleshed out system in which society would function in absence of a state. To oversimplify it, the free market itself acts as the governing force. I argue that an anarchist society would require society to be inherently moral as well. And I believe that the State itself is responsible for preventing this required morality.