• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello again! =)

Corthos

Great Old One
Not sure if anyone remembers me, but if so, heya! I hope everything is going well with you folks. =)

As for me, things are going pretty good (minus a horrible dislocation/fracture/tear of the right arm)! I've been adjusting my beliefs towards something more personal and spiritual. While I'm still very interested in Zoroastrianism, and I still incorporate Gathic philosophies into my way of life, I guess I've been exploring various other forms of Paganism in more depth (Especially any of the faiths with Indo-European roots). I've also been studying up on the runes and sigil magic as of late.

I look forward to seeing what everyone is up to! =)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Shalom aleichem and welcome back. It's good to see you again.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Moo!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi. I'm Brick and though I'm moderating, I post as a user. I'm mostly focused on games & jokes; but I participate in some of the threads about Christianity. I am fairly old, having been born before the Atari 2600 or Pong. I used to play a game called 'Hide & Seek' which can read about in the Encyclopedia.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not sure if anyone remembers me, but if so, heya! I hope everything is going well with you folks. =)

As for me, things are going pretty good (minus a horrible dislocation/fracture/tear of the right arm)! I've been adjusting my beliefs towards something more personal and spiritual. While I'm still very interested in Zoroastrianism, and I still incorporate Gathic philosophies into my way of life, I guess I've been exploring various other forms of Paganism in more depth (Especially any of the faiths with Indo-European roots). I've also been studying up on the runes and sigil magic as of late.

Greetings!

I have a gift to incorporate into your beliefs....
th

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Welcome back, Corthos! It's good to have you here again :D I was wondering recently what had happened to you.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Of course, I remember you and glad to have you back with us. Sorry to hear about the dislocation/fracture/tear (and that too of your right arm, generally people are right-handed though I do not know about you). How long you think it will take to heal up?

Corthos

Great Old One
Thanks for the warm welcome (back), folks! =)

Of course, I remember you and glad to have you back with us. Sorry to hear about the dislocation/fracture/tear (and that too of your right arm, generally people are right-handed though I do not know about you). How long you think it will take to heal up?

Nice to see you are still here and doing OK!

Oh, it's healed up as for the most part. It isn't 100% functional like it used to be, and I've got a bunch of hardware in my arm now, but I'm just glad it still works. =) I am right handed, but I've been working on making myself more ambidextrous.

Just curious, but I know you've had an interest in the Indo-Aryan migration theory and how it pertains to India and Persia. Do you have much of an interest in their northerly migrations as well (to Scandinavia, The British isles, etc etc)?

Welcome back, Corthos! It's good to have you here again :D I was wondering recently what had happened to you.

Good to be back! I've been thinking about you guys too. Seems some things have changed since I left. You've been looking into Daoism lately?

Welcome back! :D

Thanks! Nice to see yah!

I remember you. Welcome back. :)

Thank you! I look forward to reading your posts. They were always interesting. =)

Welcome back!

Thanks! I don't think we've met yet, have we? =)

Greetings!

I have a gift to incorporate into your beliefs....
th

See, your mistake was assuming I didn't already incorporate haggis into my beliefs. =)

Thanks, though!

Hi. I'm Brick and though I'm moderating, I post as a user. I'm mostly focused on games & jokes; but I participate in some of the threads about Christianity. I am fairly old, having been born before the Atari 2600 or Pong. I used to play a game called 'Hide & Seek' which can read about in the Encyclopedia.

An encyclopedia?... What's that? I'll have to look that up on wikipedia later on tonight. =)

Thanks, BTW!

(Whoops, accidentally hit post before I was done!)

Thanks @YmirGF , @sunrise123 , and @Rival too! It's nice to see you again, too! =)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Aryan mmovement.jpg Aryan Journeys2.jpg
Just curious, but I know you've had an interest in the Indo-Aryan migration theory and how it pertains to India and Persia. Do you have much of an interest in their northerly migrations as well (to Scandinavia, The British isles, etc etc)?
I am equally interested to trace the movement of Indo-Europeans in the West as in the East, and I think I have been able to do that to my satisfaction. I have mentioned that in one of my posts in RF. I will search for it and invite you to go through that.

First thing that I am coming to conclude is that Indo-European movement in the East started much later that the movement in West from its center some where in Seroglazovka culture just North of Caspian Sea, that is around 7,000 BC. IE people first moved up the Balkans, first West and then North. From the Westward movement, IEs branched into Greece and later to Turkey to appear as Hittites.

A second movement saw them moving North to Corded Ware culture. The Eastern movement started late, perhaps around 2,000 BC brought them to Sogdiana, Merv, Yaz and later as Mittani in 1,400 BC. The Indian component probably branched out of this Eastern movement somewhere around 1,800 BC, which brought them to Afghanistan and later to India. All these movements are according to the archaeological dates of the cultures found along these routes.

I am attaching a Google map of the movement. Unfortunately the image is not as clear as I would have wanted it.

Can the Hitti Tarhunt be compared to Thor of Germanics or Twastar of the Indian Aryans.
Can the Hitti serpent Illuyanka be compared to Vales of the Balkans or Vala of the Indian Aryans?
The Hitti and the Mittani arrived in the same neighborhood, but they had different histories though both wre Indo-Europeans. Hittis circumnavigated the Black Sea, while the Mittani circumnavigated the Caspian Sea.

Last edited: