• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Head of Anti-Assimilation Group Appeals to Mark Zuckerberg

PFZKW88

Anti-Assimilation Group Appeals to Zuckerberg - Jewish World - News - Israel National News
Referring to Zuckerberg by his Hebrew name Mordechai, Gopstein concludes by saying that “as long as the candle burns, you can correct yourself. Separate from the non-Jewish woman and find a good Jewish one, and to make up for your mistake, go on a major campaign on Facebook against assimilation.”

Jewish groups, not just in Israel, regularly speak out against intermarriage between the Jews and the "gentiles". Even the New York-based Chabad has a page dedicated to preventing Jews from marrying non-Jews (link).

We all know that if a Christian organization publically said that Christians shouldn't marry non-Christians, or if a white religious leader said something against interracial marriage, it would be front page news. Why should the Jews get a free pass against what would be considered as racist bigotry if done by Christians or Whites?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Anti-Assimilation Group Appeals to Zuckerberg - Jewish World - News - Israel National News

Jewish groups, not just in Israel, regularly speak out against intermarriage between the Jews and the "gentiles". Even the New York-based Chabad has a page dedicated to preventing Jews from marrying non-Jews (link).

We all know that if a Christian organization publically said that Christians shouldn't marry non-Christians, or if a white religious leader said something against interracial marriage, it would be front page news. Why should the Jews get a free pass against what would be considered as racist bigotry if done by Christians or Whites?
Who said they get a free pass?
I am an Israeli-Jew married to a French woman. My friends are married to Chinese, Austrians, Germans, and various other nationalities.
In fact about half of American Jews are married to non Jews, what on earth makes you believe we don't debate with our Jewish counterparts about such issues?
Israel has plenty of legal battles and reforms in this regard. Anything from recognizing same-sex marriage to debating inter-marriage.

Why are we harping on people of the Jewish faith for this?

White xtians made it illegal for several centuries for blacks and whites to marry, the chinese made it illegal to marry non-Chinese, and muslim women can't marry non-muslim men. Singling out the Jewish people for innocently wanting to marry within the religion is anti-semitism of the highest order.

1StDev

Singling out the Jewish people for innocently wanting to marry within the religion is anti-semitism of the highest order.

In that case, why is it a crime when any nationality or race wants to preserve their own religion, culture, or heritage?

Why is it only good when certain groups do it, and not when the various European nationalities do it?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is a double (triple? quadruple?) standard about advocating ethnic purity.
But I just can't......yawwwnnnnn.....get worked up about it. I think....zzzzzzzzzzzz................

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
In that case, why is it a crime when any nationality or race wants to preserve their own religion, culture, or heritage?

Why is it only good when certain groups do it, and not when the various European nationalities do it?

There is a double (triple? quadruple?) standard about advocating ethnic purity.
But I just can't......yawwwnnnnn.....get worked up about it. I think....zzzzzzzzzzzz................
Most cultures show favoritism towards marrying members of the same culture. American Jews are actually different in this regard, with over half of American Jews marrying Non Jews. It only gets pathetic when people tell others who they should or shouldn't marry. People can stick to their own kind for all I care, it doesn't matter much to me. I'm pretty different in this regard, I guess I was born with a desire to taste all things foreign.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
The command for Jews to marry only Jews comes from the Bible. There's a similar command for Christians in the NT FWIW. What if Mark Z. isn't religious? How can anyone expect him to follow a commandment if he rejects the notion of Scripture possessing authority?

ZZKBKB55

Most cultures show favoritism towards marrying members of the same culture. American Jews are actually different in this regard, with over half of American Jews marrying Non Jews. It only gets pathetic when people tell others who they should or shouldn't marry. People can stick to their own kind for all I care, it doesn't matter much to me. I'm pretty different in this regard, I guess I was born with a desire to taste all things foreign.

I've seen the extremes on both ends. Some Jewish people here in New York want their kids to marry a Jewish person even if that person was only born Jewish and is now an atheist. I knew someone who wanted to marry a Jewish girl, but her parents didn't let it happen because he wasn't Jewish. He said that he was willing to convert if he had to, but the dad said that wasn't good enough.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
According to Thomas Sowell, author of Ethnic America, most ethnic groups that come to America begin intermarrying by the second or third generation. The Jews have been no real exception to this and have intermarried at a higher rate than the early Germans did.