• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever..

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Fascinating. You have discovered how stubborn, wrong, closed minded, unreasoning you were. But how? What "truth" did you actually discover? You claim "the truth of Baha'u'llah," but you don't provide anything other than the bald statement that that was "truth." As if nothing else ever was!

That is NOT discovering "truth." That is deciding what you are going to believe -- for no reasons other than your own, and for no reasons that you seem willing to share with us here.

And I'm sure that's lovely for you -- but what would make anybody else care in the slightest?

And finally, your statement that you "would be spiritually dead like most" is completely gratuitous. How do you know who is "spiritually dead?"

What hubris. Do try to get over yourself.

Firstly, I investigated the claims of Baha’u’llah not blindly believe in Him. And I found out that my atheist beliefs were based upon arrogant egotism. So just being honest about that. I was spiritually dead as an atheist so now being spiritually alive I know the difference. Well, God says in many scriptures of many religions that those who do not accept Him or His Messengers are spiritually asleep or dead and that’s ancient like Christ said that 2,000 years ago ‘let the dead bury the dead’. So belief in God is likened to spiritual life while disbelief in God in the scriptures likened to spiritual death. I don’t decide that, God does.

Psalm23

No. Many people think that I am God, and they call me 'Lord.' I simply smile, point to my nametag, and say, 'It's pronounced Lloyd.'

I'm just kidding about the God/Lord/Llyod thing. Nobody believes that about me, and my name is definitely not Lloyd.

In all seriousness, I have never believed that I am God or any deity.

That is something that I like about you. You believe in God rather than believing that you are God. :)

You got me there for a second until I read that you were just kidding.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Nonsense. Try reading the verse in context.

A psalm of Asaph.

God stands in the divine assembly;
among the divine beings He pronounces judgment.

How long will you judge perversely,
showing favor to the wicked? Selah.

Judge the wretched and the orphan,
vindicate the lowly and the poor,

rescue the wretched and the needy;
save them from the hand of the wicked.

They neither know nor understand,
they go about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth totter.

I had taken you for divine beings,
sons of the Most High, all of you;

but you shall die as men do,
fall like any prince.​

In verse six, He is addressing, not humans, but the members of the divine assembly, and warning them that they will "die as men so, fall like any price."
everything created has an end; which is at the beginning