• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever

Have you ever felt harrased in RF by other members?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Probably

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I am not being harrased. But I seen some comments towards Baha'is that are close to being harrasment

Things do get very hot on here when the subject becomes the Baha'i faith, and threads questioning anything about the Baha'i faith tend to go on for hundreds of replies. They do have a very different understanding of Hinduism in their own faith than the Hindu members seem to, and this can often lead to discussions with both sides kind of seeming to metaphorically bang their head against the wall. Then they talk about bringing world peace, but sometimes I feel their message is either presented in a way that feels like light evangelizing, or it may be presented well and people actually listen, but then when push comes to shove and people actually take the time to listen to the Baha'i member and ask questions, it seems like the Baha'i member and the Baha'i teachers still don't have the answer to some complex questions plaguing the world.

But yeah, to be fair, sometimes they do get it rough, with some of the things they say being called 'double-speak', but I feel they tend to bring up important issues a lot that a lot of people are interested in, get people drawn into the discussion and asking questions, then when they ask the thread starter about things and their solutions, it just seems like they don't have many, and are putting the cart before the horse. And it can cause other people to grumble. Sorry if this is harsh.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Things do get very hot on here when the subject becomes the Baha'i faith, and threads questioning anything about the Baha'i faith tend to go on for hundreds of replies. They do have a very different understanding of Hinduism in their own faith than the Hindu members seem to, and this can often lead to discussions with both sides kind of seeming to metaphorically bang their head against the wall. Then they talk about bringing world peace, but sometimes I feel their message is either presented in a way that feels like light evangelizing, or it may be presented well and people actually listen, but then when push comes to shove and people actually take the time to listen to the Baha'i member and ask questions, it seems like the Baha'i member and the Baha'i teachers still don't have the answer to some complex questions plaguing the world.

But yeah, to be fair, sometimes they do get it rough, with some of the things they say being called 'double-speak', but I feel they tend to bring up important issues a lot that a lot of people are interested in, get people drawn into the discussion and asking questions, then when they ask the thread starter about things and their solutions, it just seems like they don't have many, and are putting the cart before the horse. And it can cause other people to grumble. Sorry if this is harsh.
My reaction to certain people who critique Baha'i are not because they critique Baha'i but the way it is done, by mostly never accepting Baha'is answer. Because the answer are somewhat different than the religions they sponken different about.