• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever

Have you ever felt harrased in RF by other members?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Probably

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In regards to the OP subject, I do get pretty strongly scrutinized from time to time, as well. Although I never really know how to respond to that, and usually I respond in the wrong way. It's never as simple as, "Prove X and we'll be done." The scrutiny in question is always more like, "I feel that what you feel isn't what you truly feel."

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Not harassed, no, since I don't give everyone's opinions or input equal weight. I have had some members try to make me feel that way over the years (including one who sent me a death threat after being moderated), but I simply treated it as an attempt to provoke. Said members failed to get what they wanted out of me due to my not feeling bothered by what they said.

I have sometimes felt that my arguments or positions were misrepresented, misunderstood, etc., or that someone was unnecessarily hostile or toxic, but that's par for the course on the internet. It's also different from feeling harassed, which I haven't experienced.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What would a pacifist do with boxing gloves?
Throw the boxing glow a you
In regards to the OP subject, I do get pretty strongly scrutinized from time to time, as well. Although I never really know how to respond to that, and usually I respond in the wrong way. It's never as simple as, "Prove X and we'll be done." The scrutiny in question is always more like, "I feel that what you feel isn't what you truly feel."
100% agree

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Not harassed no. But I have had my beliefs insulted by both Christians and atheists and have had to get mods involved in I think 3 threads because of it. And I had one user insult me because of my disability making ableist remarks. That user was a troll tho and RF kicked them off the site. But at the time it really messed me up cause it caused a flashback.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Not harassed, no, since I don't give everyone's opinions or input equal weight. I have had some members try to make me feel that way over the years (including one who sent me a death threat after being moderated), but I simply treated it as an attempt to provoke. Said members failed to get what they wanted out of me due to my not feeling bothered by what they said.

I have sometimes felt that my arguments or positions were misrepresented, misunderstood, etc., or that someone was unnecessarily hostile or toxic, but that's par for the course on the internet. It's also different from feeling harassed, which I haven't experienced.

Death threat, dear lord. :rolleyes:

As to you being misunderstood etc I find that surprising since I think your posts are particularly well thought out and clearly articulated. (That's my honest opinion, not creeping to staff, although it never does any harm to put some credit in the bank :) )

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There have been a very few who I have found to be so difficult to dialogue with that eventually I've put them on ignore. I have no interest in wasting my time trying to discourse reasonably with someone totally uninterested in reason.

But harassed, no I haven't felt that.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you ever felt harrased in RF by others?
Before I was a mod there were a few. One person showed up and claimed they knew me from some other site, said I was a master mason and that they were here to do some kind of battle or something. I denied it, and they went away. I think they trolled some people and got into trouble. Another person was following my posts and trolling them. They got into trouble. There are all kinds of people on the internet. Some have severe paranoia. Some have got undeveloped personalities and seek boundaries. To me it seems like some people just have to touch fire once in a while or they stop believing its real.