• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hatred of Jews is poisoning Islam

JoStories

And again, since you said that people will always hate each other no matter what race, then the muslim hatred of Jews has nothing to do with land, occupation, or rights. It is just two different races.
My question regarding this hatred is why? Why do the two races, or all of them for that matter, need to hate? What is it about Black or tan or white or pink polka dotted skin colors that breeds hatred? Are we all do damned different that we have absolutely nothing in common and the only end result will be perpetual war over who is better or best? I don't pretend to be better or best or even worthy of notice. I only wish my grandchildren and great grandchildren would live in a world where 12 year olds are not suicide bombers and beheadings are so common they barely register.

rosends

...Who is stating that you don't exist? Again, certainly not me. I am not sure who this person is that you are referring to Rosends.

Check out post #4. Reducing my religion to "so called" and being told that it has "wrong concepts" is a statement that who I am is wrong. You didn;t say it -- it is to what I was originally responding.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I'd be impressed if someone had found a religion that didn't have "wrong concepts", just saying.

JoStories

Check out post #4. Reducing my religion to "so called" and being told that it has "wrong concepts" is a statement that who I am is wrong. You didn;t say it -- it is to what I was originally responding.
Ok, I went back and read that. I would say that for one thing, the poster is someone who speaks English as a second language. I can see where you would find what he or she said out of line however but I would also say that given the language barrier, maybe he or she needed to be more clear about what they meant. What did they mean by correcting the wrong concepts? Perhaps it was merely from their POV. Everyone can misinterpret things when they are raised in one culture V another. When I was 8, my parents sent me to share Pesach with some neighbors. I had no idea what that holiday meant to the Jewish people before that day. I thought they were just another branch of Christianity and saw Jesus as my mother did. Do you see what I mean? Misunderstanding might be all there is to this. Peace and blessings to you Rosends.

Akivah

My question regarding this hatred is why?

According to the scholar in the OP, one big reason for Islamic hatred is that their holy book says that the Prophet Muhammad vowed that Judgment Day would not come unless the Muslims fight the Jews.

Now the Christian and Judaism bibles also have some hateful phrases in their books, but both of those religions have had reformations. The world is praying that Muslims will someday become enlightened enough to have theirs. That is what the scholar Hamed Abdel-Samad in the OP was saying.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
According to the scholar in the OP, one big reason for Islamic hatred is that their holy book says that the Prophet Muhammad vowed that Judgment Day would not come unless the Muslims fight the Jews.

Now the Christian and Judaism bibles also have some hateful phrases in their books, but both of those religions have had reformations. The world is praying that Muslims will someday become enlightened enough to have theirs. That is what the scholar Hamed Abdel-Samad in the OP was saying.

Where does the Holy Koran mention having to fight Jews before Judgment day, I don't remember reading that, I think your referring to Hadith which are less respected in authenticity by most Muslims.

Akivah

Where does the Holy Koran mention having to fight Jews before Judgment day, I don't remember reading that, I think your referring to Hadith which are less respected in authenticity by most Muslims.

I don't know, I'm not referring to anything. As I keep saying, I am quoting the scholar Hamed Abdel-Samad.

JoStories

I agree Akivah. I see Islam as going through the same growing pains as Christianity did 500 years ago. The parallels are there if one wishes to see them. Unfortunately, many read their sacred text and this is not restricted to just Islam or Judaism but to many faiths. One can read a passage and glean something very dark and nefarious where it was never meant in that way. My problem now is that no one seems to wish to give an inch either way. The fighting goes on and on and on ...forever. When does it end? When do both sides say enough and let's share the sacred sites that are a part of all three faiths? Do you really think God would have wanted these three faiths to continue to fight over something as trivial as lands or such? IMO, and I mean no offense Akivah, God is so much more and has very little to do with tangible things in this life. Sure, its nice to worship in a Temple, or a Mosque or a church but do you truly think God lives there?

Akivah

I agree Akivah. I see Islam as going through the same growing pains as Christianity did 500 years ago. The parallels are there if one wishes to see them.

What parallels do you see? In what ways are Muslims reforming their sacred texts?

JoStories

What parallels do you see? In what ways are Muslims reforming their sacred texts?
I see parallels in the growth of Islam as compared to Christianity. 500 years ago, Christians tried, by sword and other terrible means, to convert everyone to the faith as that is what God wanted. This is similar to what Islam is doing now believing that all peoples must convert to that faith, same as with Christianity. The Inquisition, the Burning Times, the Crusades,.... all very similar to what Islam is doing with ISIS and beheadings, etc. I have the pleasure of knowing many nurses who moved here to get away from the violence. They are peace loving people who do not view the Qu'ran in the way that those who are Jihadists do. What makes me more sad is that the children of these people speak 2 to 4 languages, don't eat the fast food junk American obese children do, and do not sit on their butts all day either watching TV, texting or playing on a PC. Having lived in both Europe and Africa, I can tell you that the children of this country are a poor comparison that would fail in every way if pitted against children from those places. Anyway, rant aside, I see Islam going through what Christianity did 500 years ago. Christianity out grew that, so with any luck, so will Islam. Or the two faiths will bomb us to the stone age and we may or may not get to start all over again.