• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hatred of Jews is poisoning Islam

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It will not end until the Day Of Judgement.
:)

IMO this is an extremely odd worldview. I understand that it's common, but I still think it's weird. Jabar, can you share some examples of how this "Day of Judgement" belief affects your day to day activities or thoughts?

Flankerl

Oh right forgot something.
Hamed Abdel-Samad is actually quite the cool dude. Well most Muslims wouldn't hang out with him but that is beside the point.

He and Henryk M. Broder a Jewish publicist had a fun show some years ago where they drove around Germany meeting all kinds of crazy people. Racists, Conspiracy theorists, Antisemites, Antiamericans, etc etc etc. Talked to them, said stupid stuff which they obviously agreed with not even realising that they were being ridiculed.
Quite fun.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
IMO this is an extremely odd worldview. I understand that it's common, but I still think it's weird. Jabar, can you share some examples of how this "Day of Judgement" belief affects your day to day activities or thoughts?
It helps me by motivating me to do good deeds and repent, learn from my sins, sincerely.

So, i make it to heaven.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
The verse in El Fatiha is certainly not a curse. And the word "curse" is not even in it.

As for the scholar, he's maybe talking about his country as they have a border with Palestine and the governement closed a long time the access to palestinians.
Many egyptians were angry because of that and maybe some hate jews because of the conflict.

It's not clear about whom he's talking about.

I think the positive thing in the video of Memrit is that the scholar is pointing to a hatred not from the religion but that some think it's from the religion so they can assume their behavior toward a specific community.

This is something more politic that religious. You probably won't find malaysian or congolese muslims have hatred toward jews.

Everywhere some people are for peace and others are full of hatred.
Even in supposed mixed and developped societies some people have prejudices like in this video.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It helps me by motivating me to do good deeds and repent, learn from my sins, sincerely.
So, i make it to heaven.

Hey Jabar, So what do you say to someone who does good deeds without believing in heaven?

Jabar

Hey Jabar, So what do you say to someone who does good deeds without believing in heaven?
I tell them that good deeds are not the only thing that gets you to heaven.

If you do not believe in afterlife, then what is the point of you doing good deeds?

Akivah

It will not end until the Day Of Judgement.

So you do agree with the scholar in the OP. The Muslim conflict with the Jews has nothing to do with land, occupation or rights. It is only that the Quran links Judgement Day to conflict with the Jews.

Akivah

That may or may not be true, but its sad that both sides can never make peace, they certainly don't follow their teachings.

According to Hamed Abdel-Samad, the Muslims are following their teachings by engaging in conflict with Jews.

Jabar

So you do agree with the scholar in the OP. The Muslim conflict with the Jews has nothing to do with land, occupation or rights. It is only that the Quran links Judgement Day to conflict with the Jews.
No i never said that.

People will always hate each other no matter what race.

It is just how society is.

Until Judgement Day it will not be stopped completely.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Even in supposed mixed and developped societies some people have prejudices like in this video.

For the record, I can guarantee that not a single Jew in the Jewish neighborhood looked at the "couple" out of surprise that a Jew might be married to a Muslima.
From the perspective of an ultra-Orthodox Jew (from Brooklyn), the guy playing the [ultra-Orthodox] Jew, dresses like he has a mental disability. And I mean that seriously. His dress is such a mixture that you'd only find by someone living on his own with a mental handicap. And on top of that, he's holding hands with a woman. Ultra-Orthodox Jews don't hold their spouse's hands in public.
If I had seen this couple pass me by, I'd also turn around and stare. And I'd be thinking, "what in the world...?"

Also, there is nothing identifiably "Jewish" about the woman. I'd be surprised if anyone actually picked up that she's supposed to be Jewish.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
According to Hamed Abdel-Samad, the Muslims are following their teachings by engaging in conflict with Jews.
And going by the old testement the Jews are also followng their war god in killing anything that their god doesn't like.

rosends

Please explain.
The OP speaks of hatred. The response to which I replied makes the statement that Muslims "just correct the wrong concepts of the so called Judaism."

If you don't see that that statement is the essence of a hateful approach to people, feeling the need to correct the religion because it is based on "wrong concepts" and referring to the entire religion as "so called Judaism" then I can't help you.

Would it be more obvious if I told you that I feel it is my job to correct all the wrong concepts of the so called Islaam? That whatever you think or have learned about your religion is rife with error and it takes an outsider to tell you what your religion really says and is? How offensive is that? That I don't know my own religion and a Muslim has to correct me and my "so called Judaism"?

You don't see that as the essence of condescension and the seed of the problem?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Hatred of Jews is poisoning Islam

We don't hate Jews, we just correct the wrong concepts of the so called Judaism. Please
Regards

:facepalm:

I wrote this two years ago, then posted it again a year ago. It is relevant again to post now yet again.

I didn't fully realize then the timelessness of it.

"Your contempt for Jews, for Judaism, for Jewish scripture becomes ever more clear.
Your refusal to answer... questions... only serves to illustrate that you don't know what you're talking about.
And then we come to your arrogance, as a Muslim, in telling Jews how to be Jews.
Hiding behind a Uriah Heep facade is not going to work any more. You've said too much."

I realize that I am feeding the troll, but sometimes it is almost unavoidable.

Last edited: