• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hate isn't the way of the Satanist

Liu

IF...... The Book of Adam and Eve......
that was preserved into our time period only in Arabic.......
due to my thoroughly ignorant Christian ancestors burning all copies in all other languages.......
is up there with scripture or at least with the Apocrypha.....
then what I wrote is highly relevant......

I will try to get back online soon to explain more on what I mean by this.....

The Apocalypse of Moses will also be helpful.......... not to mention the Testament of Solomon.....
There seems to be some lack of knowledge on your part regarding the religion of Satanism:
We don't believe in any scriptures.
We might take inspiration from some (e.g. the writings of LaVey, which this thread here is about), or personally hold some texts in high regard, but most of us don't consider e.g. the texts of the bible or the apocrypha to be intrinsically more relevant to our religion than any other kind of writing would be.

DennisTate

There seems to be some lack of knowledge on your part regarding the religion of Satanism:
We don't believe in any scriptures.
We might take inspiration from some (e.g. the writings of LaVey, which this thread here is about), or personally hold some texts in high regard, but most of us don't consider e.g. the texts of the bible or the apocrypha to be intrinsically more relevant to our religion than any other kind of writing would be.

That is indeed very interesting...........
i really didn't quite know that.........

but whether those books are more relevant to Satanists or not........
they do have significant ARTISTIC value.... that could well be turned into significant economic value......
to Satanists and Christians and Jews and Muslims...... who are willing to meet fact to face with Satanists...... or at least on these forums............

The tradition goes that arch-angels Michael and Gabriel were asked to bow to Adam........
Archangels Michael and Gabriel did so.... and led their two thirds of the angels to follow suit........

Covering Cherub Lucifer on the other hand refused to do so......
and led his one third of the angels into an experiment..... that I believe......
is significantly like the Stanley Milgram Experiment........

DennisTate

The Left vs Right is not about love vs hate. It is about conformity to an authoritarian God vs pure liberty from it. Liberty from God should not entail loss of morals but a lot of people conflate that stuff.

Speaking of Pantheism.........

Pantheism/Polytheism vs Abrahamic Religions and Lucifer/ Iblis bowing to Adam????!!!

I began a discussion this morning on a massive New Age group that has 70,000 active members:

Polytheism and the Abrahamic religions!!!!????
...There is a verse in the Koran..... that in a sense..... may indicate that the basic concept of polytheism is not an entirely foolish idea. The verse talks about archangels Michael, Gabriel and Lucifer being asked to BOW TO ADAM..... Michael and Gabriel led their two thirds of the angels to obey this order......... but Lucifer refused..... and the war began........ How could the G-d of Abraham/YHWH/ Allah give an order to angels.... to bow to our grandfather Adam..... if there was nothing divine..... above the angels.... in him????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

DennisTate

This is rather intriguing........

Satan in the Holy Quran

Satan in the Holy Quran

The Holy Quran has talked about Iblis (Satan) as a physical being made of fire. He is portrayed as a rebellious creature, basking in glory of the matter he was made of and showing arrogance to man, who was made of clay. To Satan’s mind, fire is far superior to clay because it can destroy clay with its power. The cause of his rebellion against God was the high regard in which God had held Adam when He created him and for his forthcoming role on earth, especially when God ordered the angels to prostrate themselves to Adam. As the Quran implies, Satan was part of the angelic group.

The Quran keeps showing pictures that depict the dialogue with Satan to make clear the grudge this creature holds against man. He asked God to grant him immortal status in this life, so that he could concentrate on his vendetta against man. In so doing, he wants to topple man from the lofty station God had put him in and rouse in him the struggle between good and evil. He spares no effort in tempting man to incline towards doing what would in the end spell disaster for his being, by dampening down man’s spirit and his position vis-à-vis God.

Through the dialogue, the Holy Quran informs us that God had granted Satan his wish for the reasons He knows best. Nevertheless, He has made it abundantly clear to him and us that his power does not go beyond luring us towards committing what is vile and showing disobedience. There is, by no means, any direct authority that could entail force, coercion, and repression that Satan can exercise on man. Indeed, it is the type of man who chooses to embark on unbelief, waywardness, trampling his faith and not experiencing a sense of enmity to Satan, who gives Satan the sway over himself. In contrast, the person who chooses the path of belief does not usually give Satan any chance to manipulate him because of the strength of his belief. Thus, Satan’s plans to mislead such a person are doomed to failure. The Quranic dialogue has sought to capture all that, highlighting the general characteristics of Satan.

DennisTate

This topic assumes you at least have a little bit of a contextual understanding of Satanism. Don't expect me to cater to your misconceptions if you know nothing about it. Also this topic I've cross posted elsewhere although I originally wrote this on and for RF.

Hate is a very strong emotion. Much is made, particularly among certain types, of the fact that humans are both hating and loving creatures. I honestly think such attitudes are rooted in tribalism. Love your friends, hate your enemies. Such has been the battle cry for eons of the warlike religions, political ideologies and governmental entities who sought to expand through violence and forced conversion.

It seems for some they feel as if they should love a few and default to a hateful attitude towards many others. I don't agree. Rather, I'd propose, hate should be rationed just as those like LaVey told the Satanist to ration love in The Satanic Bible (though I'll take this further later on). Hate is a destructive emotion by nature and its liable to backfire if one isn't careful with it.

"But but! Those intolerant, or evil or brainwashing x religion/group!" Well, my dear diabolical friend... simply moving the sword from the right hand to the left hand is still using a sword (see what I did there? :p). I've actually heard Matthew 10:34 and Luke 14:26 used to justify hate mongering, for example. Sadly the trap of hate is one easy to fall into. Those verses, Yeshua bringing a sword to divide, and saying one must hate others to love him, I chose for a reason and not randomly. It's again that tribalism; that old us vs them that's the trap I'm warning against.

I don't consider myself a LaVeyan in any sense, and I will break down a relevant statement in his Satanic Bible and what I disagree with, since this is what I am comparing my position to:

“Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.” - Anton LaVey's The Satanic Bible (1969)

Okay, so love and hate are intense. So far so good. But the moment he starts talking about indiscriminate love he never contrasts about indiscriminate hate. Yes, I understand that most hateful Satanic types do discriminate, although too often I've seen it be over petty things. There's seems to be something in the id so to speak, that thrives on the release of hating people for stupid crap. This isn't to say this is LaVeyans specifically who do that, funny enough I've seen it with theists quite a lot, but in a lot of ways they take things like this to an extreme and so the passage merited quoting. I picked LaVeyan / Church of Satan out of any other sect as it's one of the few notable groups espousing a view on the pro-hate end of the spectrum. (also funny enough there are more LaVeyan influenced theistic Satanists than first impressions might give otherwise if my online interactions are any indication).

I don't know how we determine who "deserves" hate. What LaVey failed to account for is that since Satanism exalts the subjectivity of the individual there won't be any measure beyond whim for who "deserves" what. Such inclinations in my opinion quickly lend to tyranny of those higher up in the social "stratification" as LaVey's successor Gilmore would put it.

I don't think 99.9% of people can experience "indiscriminate love" but surely an attempt respect for all life is at least on some level rational. Satan is the god of man, of our nature. And there is a part of our nature that does seek to better itself. I'm reminded of an Episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where the Android named Data (who wishes to be a human) says it's not important that he will never become fully human, just important that he is always trying to improve himself. That to me, that constant self improvement, and personal evolution is what is at the heart of humanity and Satanism. So why can't we aim to try to love more? Perhaps even universally so? It might not be possible, but it's surely worth the effort.

LaVey almost made a valid point, but missed the mark when he said "repressed hate" instead of "repressed emotion". Hate itself, from what I've come to understand of it, festers and grows off of itself. And that's the danger. Most people (I hope) don't take out their frustrations on other people or their loved ones. I honestly think LaVey might of been speaking from experience when he spoke on that.

If someone has someone they really dislike causing them trouble they might diffuse the tension with something healthy like a hobby or working out, whatever. But taking it out on a living being? Even loved ones if they can't against the aggressor? Something more is going on there that most well adjusted people don't have (or at least I hope so anyways).

There are times though, I think "hate" of a sort is warranted, but very rarely so. It's too subjective and honestly if something is that malicious one can address the person or situation indifferently and rationally. I also would say that hate is pretty much something people should avoid as much as possible since it uses up energy and effort. Quite literally it's not worth the effort. If they are truly that bad, it's not worth hating and getting worked up over. They don't deserve your hate. That's why I say, who really deserves hate?

A Satanist should seek to improve themselves, not get carried away with those who are against them. That energy is better spent on becoming a better person, a better Satanist, a better human. Maybe Data had a point. Maybe it isn't the fact that one will ever stop hating entirely but just the fact that they won't be consumed or distracted by it as much and can better spend that effort on themselves is all that matters.

And a topic for another time, but nor does that mean one should be self righteous or arrogant in their dismissal of those they now "don't hate" :) Truly not caring is even less than that; it's not having much of an emotional reaction at all.

Your sense of timing is phenomenal............

This is exactly the type of message that I feel I needed to get into at exactly this time.........

The Legend of Lilith: Did Adam Have a Wife Before Eve?

According to Jewish folklore, Lilith was Adam’s first wife. Though she is not mentioned in the Torah, over the centuries she has become associated with Adam in order to reconcile contradictory versions of Creation in the book of Genesis.

LILITH AND THE BIBLICAL STORY OF CREATION
The biblical book of Genesis contains two contradictory accounts of humanity’s creation. The first account is known as the Priestly version and appears in Genesis 1:26-27.

Here, God fashions man and woman simultaneously when the text reads: “So God created mankind in the divine image, male and female God created them.”

The second account of Creation is known as the Yahwistic version and is found in Genesis 2. This is the version of Creation that most people are familiar with. God creates Adam, then places him in the Garden of Eden. Not long afterwards, God decides to make a companion for Adam and creates the animals of the land and sky to see if any of them are suitable partners for the man. God brings each animal to Adam, who names it before ultimately deciding that it is not a “suitable helper.” God then causes a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and while the man is sleeping God fashions Eve from his side. When Adam awakes he recognizes Eve as part of himself and accepts her as his companion.

Not surprisingly, the ancient rabbis noticed that two contradictory versions of Creation appear in the book of Genesis (which is called Bereisheet in Hebrew).

They solved the discrepancy in two ways:

• The first version of Creation actually referred to Adam’s first wife, a 'first Eve.' But Adam was displeased with her, so God replaced her with a 'second Eve' that met Adam's needs.
  • The Priestly account describes the creation of an androgyne – a creature that was both male and female (Genesis Rabbah 8:1, Leviticus Rabbah 14:1). This creature was then split into a man and a woman in the Yahwistic account.
Although the tradition of two wives – two Eves – appears early on, this interpretation of Creation’s timeline was not associated with the character of Lilith until the medieval period, as we shall see in the next section.

Liu

That is indeed very interesting...........
i really didn't quite know that.........

they do have significant ARTISTIC value.... that could well be turned into significant economic value......
to Satanists and Christians and Jews and Muslims...... who are willing to meet fact to face with Satanists...... or at least on these forums............

The tradition goes that arch-angels Michael and Gabriel were asked to bow to Adam........
Archangels Michael and Gabriel did so.... and led their two thirds of the angels to follow suit........

and led his one third of the angels into an experiment..... that I believe......
....and in Islam, he/Iblis didn't bow because previously God had ordered him to bow to no one besides God.
I don't see much relevance of this to this thread, though.

Speaking of Pantheism.........

Pantheism/Polytheism vs Abrahamic Religions and Lucifer/ Iblis bowing to Adam????!!!

I began a discussion this morning on a massive New Age group that has 70,000 active members:

Polytheism and the Abrahamic religions!!!!????
...There is a verse in the Koran..... that in a sense..... may indicate that the basic concept of polytheism is not an entirely foolish idea. The verse talks about archangels Michael, Gabriel and Lucifer being asked to BOW TO ADAM..... Michael and Gabriel led their two thirds of the angels to obey this order......... but Lucifer refused..... and the war began........ How could the G-d of Abraham/YHWH/ Allah give an order to angels.... to bow to our grandfather Adam..... if there was nothing divine..... above the angels.... in him????????????!!!!!!!!!!![
And that has what to do with polytheism?
But well, there could be many reasons why he would give such an order: E.g. just for the heck of it.
Still no relevance to this thread, though, so I'd suggest you to spread your exegetic studies elsewhere.

DennisTate

Well again. I didn't say that.

So it is a "rebuttal" to nothing I said. :p

And you think it is a rebuttal to something I said that you disagreed with. :D

And since I didn't say that thing you disagreed with, that pretty much means you didn't read my post. :p

But again. This is Religious Forums!! And I've learned by now that expecting someone to make the tiny effort to read before they comment is an unrealistic expectation. :p I've now come to expect comments like yours who make huge mistakes simply because they didn't read the post.

I'm Canadian.....
I have campaigned for public office four times already.......
I use my actual name on these forums........
Ba'hai's are in a perfect position to play an Ambassadorial role between Christians vs Satanists that can soon become a proposed decrease in hostility between Christians, Jews and Muslims.......
that should make the whole world a safer place for all seven billion residents.... .including Satanists.........
especially the ones who are open to an understanding of their religion that does not include hating all Christians..........
especially ones who are Universalist........
and rather rabidly so.......

Auditions for the role of Elijah needed....

I have decided to submit my own audition
because in either 2001 or 2002 I was given valid
reason to wonder if I had participated in a major
"appeasing of the wrath of the L-rd" event back in
1990 - 1995????

For the record.... I am convinced that the G-d of Abraham/ HaShem/ YHWH
obeys H-s own advice and is raising up at least seven or eight
major Elijah types of leaders at this time in history.

If my understanding is correct, from Yom Kippur 2016 to the day before
Yom Kippur 2017 may be the real Jubilee year in which the stage can be set
for the paying off of all the national and personal debts of Israelis...... and all of her
true allies.

This may sound strange..... .but I would absolutely love it if you would compete with me...... "a film devoid of conflict is boring" (R. W.)

DennisTate

....and in Islam, he/Iblis didn't bow because previously God had ordered him to bow to no one besides God.
I don't see much relevance of this to this thread, though.

And that has what to do with polytheism?
But well, there could be many reasons why he would give such an order: E.g. just for the heck of it.
Still no relevance to this thread, though, so I'd suggest you to spread your exegetic studies elsewhere.

"God had ordered him to bow to no one besides God." (Liu)

Exactly..................
hierarchy of scriptures.......
or whatever type of ideas one uses to determine what we believe to be ethical behaviour?!

If you are acting like you do not actually see the relevance to this discussion........
you deserve something of a literary equivalent of an Academy Award...........
What about the following writing..... do you seriously not understand how this fits with
how Satanists and Jews and later Christians.... and later Muslims.... .ended up in a pretty serious conflict?

The Man on the Throne by Christian Andreason.... is he onto something important?

Spirituality

The Man on the Throne

There was a moment during my experience where I saw myself approaching what looked to be a gigantic, magnificent man, sitting on a alabaster throne. Thru a kind of veil that was partially covering him, I was able to detect that he had very stunning chiseled features. In fact, he was so perfect looking, he almost looked statuesque.

The man was wearing what appeared to be a gleaming white robe and I saw that he had the most fantastic muscular body. It was not large and gross, but truly beautiful and symmetrical. The man's arm was resting on a flat smooth surface that was part of the throne, and when he would move his hand (even the slightest amount) a musical, sparkling rainbow colored essence would fall out and away from within his robe, eventually creating a pool of Light around his feet on the floor.

Initially, the thought that came into my mind that I was seeing God! But then, as soon as I thought this, very quickly, it was revealed to me that this thought was only partially true.

It was immediately made known to me that the physical form I was observing was actually an astral version of "me" in Spirit form, as God saw me existing as already!

I heard inside my mind, "This is your Higher Self." As I looked deeply into this beings eyes, I saw my own reflection and realized that the "inner voice" I had been hearing my whole life (as the voice of my own conscience) had actually been guidance coming for this personage−−who still resides in Heaven in a greater degree of wholeness and Light than I do here on Earth. In fact, I realized that I had only taken a very small portion of my Higher Self's Light with me for my journey here this go round. By doing this I would be encouraged to dig deeper and develop my faith and intuition; and secondly, I do not see how my human brain really could have tolerated too much more Light, as I believe now it would caused my body and mind to short circuit." (Christian Andreason, chapter 2)

What I am saying is that Lucifer / Iblis could have been sincere in what he did.......
and Michael and Gabriel could have also been sincere as well as more accurate in what they did.... .based on the possibility that YHWH had breathed a part of himself into Adam and Eve??????

DennisTate

Could it perhaps be that Lucifer / Iblis Satan has came around to the place where he wants humans to realize the value of the soul that may have been breathed into their ancestors........
and into each of us at conception?

The Future and the Near-Death Experience

Brinkley was also told that the future is not cast in stone:

"The flow of human events can be changed, but first people have to know what they are." (Dannion Brinkley)

Brinkley also gives the following advice on how people can change the world:

"The quickest way to change the world is to be of service to others. Show that your love can make a difference in the lives of people and thereby someone else's love can make a difference in your life. By each of us doing that and working together we change the world one inner person at a time." (Dannion Brinkley)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Once again, those don't mean diddly-squat to a Satanist. You may as well quote Poe's The Raven or Stoker's Dracula, both which have far more artistic value than any Abrahamic text. Personally, I find Dante's Divine Comedy and Milton's Paradise to be of very great artistic value, whereas the Abrahamic texts to me are nothing more than the ramblings of ancient shepherds vying for control over people, but they couldn't do it on their own so they created stories about how it's not them who is in control, but rather god. And to a very ancient people who thought lighting and seizures were supernatural events, who wants to risk angering god?
The Milgram experiment looked into to lengths people would to in obeying an authority figure, with only a few refusing to keep going with it. For Lucifer, the stakes were much higher, and there was no one telling him to inflict pain upon another. Rather he rebelled against an unjust god.
Could it perhaps be that Lucifer / Iblis Satan has came around to the place where he wants humans to realize the value of the soul that may have been breathed into their ancestors........
and into each of us at conception?
Again, no. Satanists are overwhelmingly atheist, especially LeVay Satanists. For the most part, they do not believe in the soul. It is a concept that is rubbish and hogwash.

DennisTate

Once again, those don't mean diddly-squat to a Satanist. You may as well quote Poe's The Raven or Stoker's Dracula, both which have far more artistic value than any Abrahamic text. Personally, I find Dante's Divine Comedy and Milton's Paradise to be of very great artistic value, whereas the Abrahamic texts to me are nothing more than the ramblings of ancient shepherds vying for control over people, but they couldn't do it on their own so they created stories about how it's not them who is in control, but rather god. And to a very ancient people who thought lighting and seizures were supernatural events, who wants to risk angering god?

The Milgram experiment looked into to lengths people would to in obeying an authority figure, with only a few refusing to keep going with it. For Lucifer, the stakes were much higher, and there was no one telling him to inflict pain upon another. Rather he rebelled against an unjust god.

Again, no. Satanists are overwhelmingly atheist, especially LeVay Satanists. For the most part, they do not believe in the soul. It is a concept that is rubbish and hogwash.

You are not representative of all Satanists.........
your world view is different than many Satanists that I have met through forums like this.......
most of the ones I have met are off the scale well informed........
brilliant........
politically active........
angry....... at us Christians yes...... but when a Christian is respectful... they return the favor........

and no wise Satanist would attempt to send Azazel.......
to curse a volunteer "goat for Azazel"...... to do so would be suicidal..........

DennisTate

Now that I have read all of your reply............
and calmed down a bit from being rather pissed off from your first sentence........

I thank you for your excellent job of proving to me......
that I still have a tendency to be to angry.... .too quickly.... which could set one up to
strike a rock.... rather than merely point to it............
or speak to it... whatever.......?????!

Thank you.......

Num 20:8

Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.

DennisTate

Hate is good and evil as well as pain and suffering. Worst of all it's pure adversity.

On the other hand......
"adversity"..... sets us up to play out a potentially interesting role in life doesn't it?

I am 99% certain that many of you will wish to view this because the connection to the opening post is pretty obvious:

Trump's at it again

Kapalika

Premium Member
Hate is good and evil as well as pain and suffering. Worst of all it's pure adversity.

I don't know about you but I find pain and suffering rather unpleasant and so not good. (excluding the fun kinky stuff but that's not truly suffering).

What of adversity itself is bad? If it's the crucible by which growth comes from?

MonkeyFire

On the other hand......
"adversity"..... sets us up to play out a potentially interesting role in life doesn't it?

I am 99% certain that many of you will wish to view this because the connection to the opening post is pretty obvious:

Trump's at it again

Hate is the adverse one. Your pivotal role is for St. Michaels make belief. Justice lives without hate for his own good. Even if dis-belief were "your bad guy" its still forbidden by YHWH.

Last edited:

DennisTate

I don't know about you but I find pain and suffering rather unpleasant and so not good. (excluding the fun kinky stuff but that's not truly suffering).

What of adversity itself is bad? If it's the crucible by which growth comes from?

Holy Smoke but I love this forum?????!!!!!

I went through such an intense period of time of anger with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus that from 1990 - 2000 I deliberately often used four letter words while praying............
just to attempt to get G-d a little angrier with me............
I do know that that was stupid........
astonishingly stupid but......... it didn't really work so well.........
G-d really likes me in spite of all my anger issues..........

It is a seriously bad idea to get angry with G-d!

DennisTate

Hate is the adverse one. Your pivotal role is for St. Michaels make belief. Justice lives without hate for his own good. Even if dis-belief were "your bad guy" its still forbidden by YHWH.

Wow!!!!

Would you happen to know for certain if St. Michael is the angel referred to in:

Exodus 32:34

Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them.

and........
Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, Baruch Chapter 6

"For my angel is with you: And I myself will demand an account of your souls. "

I am of the belief that Covering Cherub Lucifer did go through a time of intense anger with G-d......
but that anger emerged out of genuine love......
gone dark side.......
because of jealousy.......
and I am convinced that after Azazel Baalzebub returns to G-d......
(Yom Kippur fulfilled).... then Lilith will also return to G-d......
because i suspect that Azazel is the General Abner type.....
and Lilith the Michal (daughter of King Saul and wife of King David type)......
so once the kingdom of Satan is divided and falls.........
then a modern prophecy that I just read a few months ago will come to pass........

DennisTate

This topic assumes you at least have a little bit of a contextual understanding of Satanism. Don't expect me to cater to your misconceptions if you know nothing about it. Also this topic I've cross posted elsewhere although I originally wrote this on and for RF.

Hate is a very strong emotion. Much is made, particularly among certain types, of the fact that humans are both hating and loving creatures. I honestly think such attitudes are rooted in tribalism. Love your friends, hate your enemies. Such has been the battle cry for eons of the warlike religions, political ideologies and governmental entities who sought to expand through violence and forced conversion.

It seems for some they feel as if they should love a few and default to a hateful attitude towards many others. I don't agree. Rather, I'd propose, hate should be rationed just as those like LaVey told the Satanist to ration love in The Satanic Bible (though I'll take this further later on). Hate is a destructive emotion by nature and its liable to backfire if one isn't careful with it.

"But but! Those intolerant, or evil or brainwashing x religion/group!" Well, my dear diabolical friend... simply moving the sword from the right hand to the left hand is still using a sword (see what I did there? :p). I've actually heard Matthew 10:34 and Luke 14:26 used to justify hate mongering, for example. Sadly the trap of hate is one easy to fall into. Those verses, Yeshua bringing a sword to divide, and saying one must hate others to love him, I chose for a reason and not randomly. It's again that tribalism; that old us vs them that's the trap I'm warning against.

I don't consider myself a LaVeyan in any sense, and I will break down a relevant statement in his Satanic Bible and what I disagree with, since this is what I am comparing my position to:

“Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.” - Anton LaVey's The Satanic Bible (1969)

Okay, so love and hate are intense. So far so good. But the moment he starts talking about indiscriminate love he never contrasts about indiscriminate hate. Yes, I understand that most hateful Satanic types do discriminate, although too often I've seen it be over petty things. There's seems to be something in the id so to speak, that thrives on the release of hating people for stupid crap. This isn't to say this is LaVeyans specifically who do that, funny enough I've seen it with theists quite a lot, but in a lot of ways they take things like this to an extreme and so the passage merited quoting. I picked LaVeyan / Church of Satan out of any other sect as it's one of the few notable groups espousing a view on the pro-hate end of the spectrum. (also funny enough there are more LaVeyan influenced theistic Satanists than first impressions might give otherwise if my online interactions are any indication).

I don't know how we determine who "deserves" hate. What LaVey failed to account for is that since Satanism exalts the subjectivity of the individual there won't be any measure beyond whim for who "deserves" what. Such inclinations in my opinion quickly lend to tyranny of those higher up in the social "stratification" as LaVey's successor Gilmore would put it.

I don't think 99.9% of people can experience "indiscriminate love" but surely an attempt respect for all life is at least on some level rational. Satan is the god of man, of our nature. And there is a part of our nature that does seek to better itself. I'm reminded of an Episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where the Android named Data (who wishes to be a human) says it's not important that he will never become fully human, just important that he is always trying to improve himself. That to me, that constant self improvement, and personal evolution is what is at the heart of humanity and Satanism. So why can't we aim to try to love more? Perhaps even universally so? It might not be possible, but it's surely worth the effort.

LaVey almost made a valid point, but missed the mark when he said "repressed hate" instead of "repressed emotion". Hate itself, from what I've come to understand of it, festers and grows off of itself. And that's the danger. Most people (I hope) don't take out their frustrations on other people or their loved ones. I honestly think LaVey might of been speaking from experience when he spoke on that.

If someone has someone they really dislike causing them trouble they might diffuse the tension with something healthy like a hobby or working out, whatever. But taking it out on a living being? Even loved ones if they can't against the aggressor? Something more is going on there that most well adjusted people don't have (or at least I hope so anyways).

There are times though, I think "hate" of a sort is warranted, but very rarely so. It's too subjective and honestly if something is that malicious one can address the person or situation indifferently and rationally. I also would say that hate is pretty much something people should avoid as much as possible since it uses up energy and effort. Quite literally it's not worth the effort. If they are truly that bad, it's not worth hating and getting worked up over. They don't deserve your hate. That's why I say, who really deserves hate?

A Satanist should seek to improve themselves, not get carried away with those who are against them. That energy is better spent on becoming a better person, a better Satanist, a better human. Maybe Data had a point. Maybe it isn't the fact that one will ever stop hating entirely but just the fact that they won't be consumed or distracted by it as much and can better spend that effort on themselves is all that matters.

And a topic for another time, but nor does that mean one should be self righteous or arrogant in their dismissal of those they now "don't hate" :) Truly not caring is even less than that; it's not having much of an emotional reaction at all.

I met a fallen angel who looked a lot like the proverbial Pan.......
twice actually........
and our meetings went really, really well.........

Nominations for the Throne of David?

DennisTate

In my experience half of what he posts isn't relevant and borderline spam. Best to just keep scrolling.

Pan....... if you ever get to meet him.... might just beg to differ with you on that.........

The first time that I met him would have been.... October - December of 1990.....(I think).......

I had already put my offer, bid, investment proposal, wager.... in on the debt / guilt of Azazel.........

...... and I had already read at least two book on near death experience accounts by Dr. Raymond Moody......

• Raymond Moody, Reflections on Life After Life, Harrisburg, PA: Stackpole Books, 1977. ISBN 978-0-8117-1423-5.
  • Raymond Moody and Paul Perry, The Light Beyond, New York, NY: Bantam Books
I can't remember if it was Reflections on Life After Life.... or
The Light Beyond but......

I read my first major league negative near death experience in it..........

I remember it was on pages 26 and 27 in that edition........

A man reports seeing a valley full of men..... no women.....
they did not have water to drink.......

there was a fallen angel on a throne made of rock watching over them.......

.... The man who had the negative near death experience said he went to the gate of that place... and was told... that he could not go in there... that he had not been bad enough........

My first meeting with Pan..... or perhaps his son or brother but it sure looked like Pan......

anyway..... I had been taking way too much Matol and I was starting to see Auras around flocks of birds... not around people yet........

..... I found myself walking into that place.......
I saw Pan (or somebody who sure looked like him on his throne)......
I was not in a good mood... so I said to the crowd.... out of my way I have to talk to him.......(referring to Pan)........

I walked up to him.....
and I asked him....."Do you want a break?"

I meant rest.... or day off......
he just glared at me.... the word break can be taken many ways........

So I clarified....... if I remember correctly I told him he needed to go to heaven.......
and to get him really interested I told him that there were angels up there.... I meant of the female variety.........

So he leaped right up through the roof of that place..........

.... I climbed up on his rocky throne.......
and I rambled on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum.......
on how pretty much everything that had been taught to the people there.... had been
pretty misleading........

It seemed like many hours later.... and I see Pan.....(or his twin)... there in the crowd.......
and he is really really glowing.........

I don't know what those angels did to him.... but he was all lit up.........

I knew that he had something to tell the gang there......
so I got down off his throne and walked away scratching my head.............

The next time that I met him was even more strange than that time..........