• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone actually seen someone raised from the dead?

crystalonyx

Since the supposed Jesus rose from the dead, and Christians believe they wil also be able to rise from the dead, has anyone ever seen someone raised from the dead? Thre seems to be some disconnect from the what is preached in the pulpit, and the real world.:)

jamesmorrow

Since the supposed Jesus rose from the dead, and Christians believe they wil also be able to rise from the dead, has anyone ever seen someone raised from the dead? Thre seems to be some disconnect from the what is preached in the pulpit, and the real world.:)

there are plenty stories of so called resurrections.... but once you dig deeper you will find that none provide actual proof. they only convince those who already believe or have a tendency to believe in miracles/resurrections.

typically what happens is, a believer provides a half baked story that the non believer rejects, but the believer accepts, and then it soon turns into a nasty ad hominem flame war with both sides thinking they are right and the other guy is wrong.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend crystalonyx,

Has anyone actually seen someone raised from the dead?
Had heard that someone was declared dead by a doctor but the man woke up when the funeral preparation for being made.
It is possible that it was an human error on the part of the doctor.

Love & rgds

Vultar

Yes, I've so far died in 1986, 2009, 2010 and 2011. needless to say I now belive in resurrection, however I also don't believe in a god as there wasn't one in the afterlife (just lots of spirits - some of which tried to present themselves as gods but were just trying to absorb power)

This is kind of the reason I'm on this forum now, trying to figure things out for myself but seeing that religion is really messed up and has so much wrong with it. From what I can best figure out so far, a number of evil spirits have been able to interact at an earthly level throughout history and get people to do evil things by telling them they are doing good. This weakens the people who follow these evil commands in the afterlife so their energy can be absorbed by the evil spirits. This also allows the evil spirits to drain the "good" people who just willingly give up their energy to the supposed god(s) in the afterlife. (ok which one of you spirits is god.... I am, I am, me too....)

A quick hint.... good does not want to be worshipped, evil wants to be worshipped

crystalonyx

Perhaps it's good you think so. But, we both know there's much, much more you haven't experienced (in any sense).

I fail to see what this has to do with raising people from the dead. There are no records of such, from reliable sources.:)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think you need to brush up on the definition of "miracle."

beerisit

Yes, I've so far died in 1986, 2009, 2010 and 2011. needless to say I now belive in resurrection, however I also don't believe in a god as there wasn't one in the afterlife (just lots of spirits - some of which tried to present themselves as gods but were just trying to absorb power)

This is kind of the reason I'm on this forum now, trying to figure things out for myself but seeing that religion is really messed up and has so much wrong with it. From what I can best figure out so far, a number of evil spirits have been able to interact at an earthly level throughout history and get people to do evil things by telling them they are doing good. This weakens the people who follow these evil commands in the afterlife so their energy can be absorbed by the evil spirits. This also allows the evil spirits to drain the "good" people who just willingly give up their energy to the supposed god(s) in the afterlife. (ok which one of you spirits is god.... I am, I am, me too....)

A quick hint.... good does not want to be worshipped, evil wants to be worshipped
Have you been in the same human form?

crystalonyx

The Jesus story posits that Jesus had both a physical and spiritual ressurection, yet many Christians teach that if you're "good" you'll got to heaven immediately(wherever that is), i.e. a spiritual ressurection only. There are also those who posit that those who believe imn Christ will arise at the end of days(for homo sapiens) in the final judgement. THere seems to be a disconnect here between the 2 beliefs or traditions in Christianity.

beerisit

The Jesus story posits that Jesus had both a physical and spiritual ressurection, yet many Christians teach that if you're "good" you'll got to heaven immediately(wherever that is), i.e. a spiritual ressurection only. There are also those who posit that those who believe imn Christ will arise at the end of days(for homo sapiens) in the final judgement. THere seems to be a disconnect here between the 2 beliefs or traditions in Christianity.
I think that there may be more than two. I dunno :)

crystalonyx

I think you need to brush up on the definition of "miracle."

All a miracle is, is something that has no explanation. It could be only a story, or if it doesn't have a currnt explanation, is doesn't mean there isn't one, or that one may not be forethcoming.

Vultar

Have you been in the same human form?

Yes, the same human form (on earth), in afterlife I seemed to be really sparkly and larger then most others (stayed consistant all 4 times), I have not ever possessed anyone (or even tried). The first time I was in a military hospital after an accident, the other 3 times I had to be rushed to the hospital after I came back. (heart had been severely damaged by the event)

Thief

Rogue Theologian

The 'disconnect' is the result of dogmatic teachings.

At the time of His ministry, His followers were seeking a kingdom of God on this earth.
He did seem to be the 'One'.

However, He did tell them that flesh cannot inherit the kingdom.
The kingdom is within you.

They did not understand.

As for His resurrection...that would be spiritual.
His tomb was found empty.
Sightings of Him after His death lean to spiritual apparitions.

Still, in all fairness...
The gospels do report, He shared a meal with His followers....
One of them laid hold of His wounds for 'proving'....
And then He ascended upward put of sight.

If there is a physical existence of Him after His death....
it was temporary, and for the sake of His followers.

I suspect some of the telling was made by His followers, that others would believe.
After all....the Romans had put Him to death.
If Someone of His ability should fail...altogether...then all is lost.

Resurrection is of spirit...not flesh.
Ascension is of spirit...not flesh.
Flesh cannot inherit the kingdom.

beerisit

Yes, the same human form (on earth), in afterlife I seemed to be really sparkly and larger then most others (stayed consistant all 4 times), I have not ever possessed anyone (or even tried). The first time I was in a military hospital after an accident, the other 3 times I had to be rushed to the hospital after I came back. (heart had been severely damaged by the event)
How do you know you died?

Vultar

How do you know you died?
The first time because I was told by the doctors that I had been dead for over a couple minutes (which seemed like over a hundred years in the afterlife - I'm guessing time is a bit different there). The other times was because I was back in the afterlife so logic would indicate that I must have been dead (couldn't tell you for how long I was dead for each of the subsequent times as again, afterlife time is much different)

beerisit

The first time because I was told by the doctors that I had been dead for over a couple minutes (which seemed like over a hundred years in the afterlife - I'm guessing time is a bit different there). The other times was because I was back in the afterlife so logic would indicate that I must have been dead (couldn't tell you for how long I was dead for each of the subsequent times as again, afterlife time is much different)
What clinical definition did they use for dead?