• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone actually seen someone raised from the dead?

Vultar

If someone claimed today that they rose from the dead, what evidence would you need to convince you they did?

Certainly at least the following:

1. Birth certificate to identify who they were.
What would it matter who they were as long as they were alive.

2. A picture taken of them taken right before they died.
A picture proves nothing - otherwise there are alot of dead actors on TV

2. Death certificate signed by a doctor certifyining they actually did die.
If you are dead for 5 minutes, they generally won't have a death certificate written up yet (if they were that efficiant, they would probably dispose of it in a hurry when you began talking to them again...)

3, Certificate from the funeral home signifying they were definitely buried.
Probably wouldn't be buried if you were dead for a short time

4. Certified picture of gravesight showing they definitely were buried there
You can easily take a picture of an empty grave site

5. A picture,post ressurection showing that the person had broken out of the casket and climbed out of the gravesite.
Could be easily faked

6. A certified picture and video of them post ressurectionshowing they were alive.
A picture of anyone after the fact would qualify for that but not really prove that they had been dead.

Even then you would be concerned with forgeries and faked documents.

What evidence do we have of the ressurection of the supposed Jesus?

None of the above, only conflicting stories written by anonymous persons.

No wonder people have doubts about the ressurection.
The Jesus ressurection appears to be more of a ghost sighting as opposed to a raising of the dead. A true ressurection would need to occur fairly soon after death as the body tends to "go bad" fairly quickly. At least before rigor sets in.... ;)

Also, as time in the afterlife seems much longer than "real time" like years for every minute, one would tend to give up on the thought of returning as they would believe their body is long gone. Fortunately, I took that leap and here I am...

If I wanted followers, I would have joined Twitter :D