• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape in the first degree.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Harvey Weinstein found guilty of rape at New York trial

“The jury of seven men and five women at the New York supreme court took five days to reach their verdict. They found the defendant guilty of a criminal sex act in the first degree for forcing oral sex on the former Project Runway production assistant Miriam Haley in 2006.

The count carries a minimum prison sentence of five years and a maximum of up to 25 years.

The jury also convicted Weinstein of rape in the third degree.”

He was not convicted on the most serious charges, but the charges he was convicted of do carry serious prison time. And I just heard that he has been remanded into custody pending sentencing.

The metoo movement is calling this a victory.

epronovost

Considering the circumstances and his position during those acts, I think he deserves a very stiff sentence, but his age should also be taken in consideration. He is 67 and the chances he finds himself in the situation where he can conduct his sexual predation is very low. I think keeping him in detention for over 10 years would be excessive, but he certainly deserves more than the minimum.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Considering the circumstances and his position during those acts, I think he deserves a very stiff sentence, but his age should also be taken in consideration. He is 67 and the chances he finds himself in the situation where he can conduct his sexual predation is very low. I think keeping him in detention for over 10 years would be excessive, but he certainly deserves more than the minimum.
His age is irrelevant. Lock him up.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

It's also worth noting that the court, since he is viewed as a predatory, can rule that he cannot hold any job where he has authority or interaction with a potential victim. They do this with other sex offenders and child predators all the time.

But, that being said, I don't care if he rots or they shoot him and save some taxpayer cash.

David1967

Premium Member
I'm just curious why he suddenly needed a walker to get around with after he was charged with the crime. Similar thing happened to Bill Cosby.

Shad

Veteran Member
Any chance Grab'em by the ***** Trump will pardon him? Seems like something he would do.

He wont as Harvey is part of Hollywood which Trump slams. He will use Harvey as another example of Hollywood's disconnect with average citizens and how it's members will ignore rape when it helps their careers which happened for decades.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Harvey Weinstein found guilty of rape at New York trial

“The jury of seven men and five women at the New York supreme court took five days to reach their verdict. They found the defendant guilty of a criminal sex act in the first degree for forcing oral sex on the former Project Runway production assistant Miriam Haley in 2006.

The count carries a minimum prison sentence of five years and a maximum of up to 25 years.

The jury also convicted Weinstein of rape in the third degree.”

He was not convicted on the most serious charges, but the charges he was convicted of do carry serious prison time. And I just heard that he has been remanded into custody pending sentencing.

The metoo movement is calling this a victory.

Is he going to be put into the same facility where they had Jeffrey Epstein? They didn't keep a very close eye on him.