• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Eid to every one :))

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Salamu alykom

Happy Eid to all my brothers and sisters :)

And you you a life full of joy and happiness

Salam

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I must confess I'm rather ignorant of Eid. Please could you tell me about it or point me in the direction where I can read a little about it?

Cordoba

I must confess I'm rather ignorant of Eid. Please could you tell me about it or point me in the direction where I can read a little about it?

Muslims celebrate 2 days of Eid (two feasts):

- The first Eid is the day which follows the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, which this year was in October

- The second Eid, which starts tomorrow (Wednesday), is associated with the Hajj - the yearly pilgrimage of Muslims to Makkah

Many of the rituals of Hajj in Islam are related to Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him, who rebuilt God's House (The Ka'bah) in Makkah with his son Prophet Ishmael, peace be upon him, including the sacrifice of a ram in the days of Eid

IOL has a section on Hajj with more background, if of interest:

IslamOnline.net - `Eid Al-Adha 1428 - The Spirit of Sacrifice

Cordoba

The word Eid starts with the letter ع ('ein) which is not easy to pronounce if you don't know the Arabic alphabet

So a simple Eid (as read in English) is fine

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Eid Mubarak to you all brothers and sisters! May Allah grant you good health, good faith, success and happiness in this life and the hereafter, ameen! :flower: :flower::flower:

Salam :)

275934082_8c59074c04.jpg

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Eid Saeed! Kul 'am wa enta bi-khair.

And may the sanctity of your holiday remind all of us of the value and beauty of submitting to something greater than ourselves.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Eid Saeed! Kul 'am wa enta bi-khair.

And may the sanctity of your holiday remind all of us of the value and beauty of submitting to something greater than ourselves.

Thank you Jay for your wonderful words! It's very nice of you :)

Peace

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Muslims celebrate 2 days of Eid (two feasts):

- The first Eid is the day which follows the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, which this year was in October

- The second Eid, which starts tomorrow (Wednesday), is associated with the Hajj - the yearly pilgrimage of Muslims to Makkah

Many of the rituals of Hajj in Islam are related to Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him, who rebuilt God's House (The Ka'bah) in Makkah with his son Prophet Ishmael, peace be upon him, including the sacrifice of a ram in the days of Eid

IOL has a section on Hajj with more background, if of interest:

IslamOnline.net - `Eid Al-Adha 1428 - The Spirit of Sacrifice

Cool thanks Cordoba! :D

Sahar

Happpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy
Eid!

كل سنة وانتو طيبين
:)

I love you all!!
:flirt:

Sahar

I don't know why no one gives me 'Eidyya anymore!! :shrug:
I used to collect say 300 pounds in the Eid....:sad4:
Eh it seems I am getting old...

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I don't know why no one gives me 'Eidyya anymore!! :shrug:
I used to collect say 300 pounds in the Eid....:sad4:
Eh it seems I am getting old...

What???! that's not fair ...your family should give you a `Eidiya to buy candies and some biscuits and to buy small toys as well hahahhahaha
I am just teasing you :D
Eid Mubarak Kareem my dear sister!!! :flower: