• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas vs. Israel, a thought experiment

Little Dragon

Yeah, Israel also just bombed a hospital, they've bombed a school, they have made it very crystal clear civilians have no place to run to and no place to take refuge because they are being attacked and killed in the "retaliation" against Hamas (they've already killed twice as many, injured tons more and aren't done yet, and civilians are suffering more than anyone else).
Unfortunately I have no influence over the IDF or Israeli government. I have no idea how bad this is going to get. I can only wring my hands and feel sick, like every other foreign observer.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That's a bad assumption.
I don't support it.I support both parties resolving differences.

Then we agree...
Moreover, your post shows great prejudice
by saying that Palestine inflects it on Israel,
Either you are not staying up to date on historical data or you are simply not wanting to acknowledge reality...

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 8.19.07 PM.png

conflating Hamas with innocents therein.

As long as you don't ignore the war because of the innocents killed by Hamas

Please, stop attributing false beliefs to me.

Ditto. :)

InChrist

Free4ever
Why is that an anti-semitic rant if genocide is being committed against the Palestinian Semites by the Zionists who want to steal their land which was given to them by a god?
The land of Israel was given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and their descendants by the God of Israel-Creator of heaven and earth. No god gave that particular land to Arabs in Gaza, now called “Palestinians “. Nevertheless, Israel has given up land with the hope of peace, only to be continually attacked.

“Who lived in the newly designated Palestine and were thus known as "Palestinians"? Jews, of course. Chase them out and they return to the land God gave to their forebears. At that time, Arabs hadn't even dreamed that "Palestine" was their land. That ambition would not take hold for another five hundred years until the advent of Islam—and even then Arabs would not call themselves Palestinians.”

Israel subsequently "gave back" Gaza, which historically belonged to her. She generously left operative the huge greenhouses that had fed Israel and much of Europe with fresh vegetables and could have done the same for the new "owners." Instead, these new owners tore the structures apart, and the mob carried off the materials for their individual use, thereby losing the potential income from exports that Israel had derived as well as the ability to feed themselves.

Going back to history, in 135 A.D., the Romans destroyed 1,000 Jewish villages, killed 500,000 Jews, and enslaved thousands. Furious that they'd been forced to bring in more legions to quell the rebellion, the Romans angrily renamed what had for more than 1,500 years been known as Israel. They called it Provincia Palestina after the Philistines, Israel's ancient enemies. Those living there became known as Palestinians. Who lived there? Jews! So Jews, ironically were the first "Palestinians." This is what they were called (along with many derisive names that have followed them as they've been hunted from country to country). Only in the 1950s did the Arabs begin to call themselves "Palestinians" in order to gain worldwide sympathy for their acts of terrorism even as UN pressure squeezed Israel into an ever-smaller corner in order to facilitate her destruction. (We document all of this and much more in Judgment Day.)”

InChrist

Free4ever
Why is that anti-semitic if the Zionists are attacking and killing the Palestinian Semites in order to steal their land which was given to them by a god? Or is that just an oxymoron?
Who is it that is determined to exterminate the other side? Israel never said they would exterminate the Palestinians. Who is it that initiates terrorist attacks on a continual basis? Who are the suicide bombers?

Monty

The land of Israel was given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and their descendants by the God of Israel-Creator of heaven and earth. No god gave that particular land to Arabs in Gaza, now called “Palestinians “. Nevertheless, Israel has given up land with the hope of peace, only to be continually attacked.

“Who lived in the newly designated Palestine and were thus known as "Palestinians"? Jews, of course. Chase them out and they return to the land God gave to their forebears. At that time, Arabs hadn't even dreamed that "Palestine" was their land. That ambition would not take hold for another five hundred years until the advent of Islam—and even then Arabs would not call themselves Palestinians.”

Israel subsequently "gave back" Gaza, which historically belonged to her. She generously left operative the huge greenhouses that had fed Israel and much of Europe with fresh vegetables and could have done the same for the new "owners." Instead, these new owners tore the structures apart, and the mob carried off the materials for their individual use, thereby losing the potential income from exports that Israel had derived as well as the ability to feed themselves.

Going back to history, in 135 A.D., the Romans destroyed 1,000 Jewish villages, killed 500,000 Jews, and enslaved thousands. Furious that they'd been forced to bring in more legions to quell the rebellion, the Romans angrily renamed what had for more than 1,500 years been known as Israel. They called it Provincia Palestina after the Philistines, Israel's ancient enemies. Those living there became known as Palestinians. Who lived there? Jews! So Jews, ironically were the first "Palestinians." This is what they were called (along with many derisive names that have followed them as they've been hunted from country to country). Only in the 1950s did the Arabs begin to call themselves "Palestinians" in order to gain worldwide sympathy for their acts of terrorism even as UN pressure squeezed Israel into an ever-smaller corner in order to facilitate her destruction. (We document all of this and much more in Judgment Day.)”

The Jewish Semites were only given Judah by a god. And other Semites were given the rest of Palestine by the god, and the rest of the world was given to non-Semites by the god.
And the Jewish Semites supported the non-Jewish Semites against the crusaders when they tried to take over Palestine.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You keep saying that ignore such
things that I repeatedly address.
This inspires no response.

Then, when you respond, don't use unilateral statements like:

The answer to all 3 questions is for Israel to
end the oppression that inspires retaliation.

As if the other party is a party of saints while they chop off the heads of babies. After all, as you make it seem, it's Israeli's fault that the Hamas is retaliating in such a fashion.

It makes you seem irrelevant in the conversation. IMV.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You keep saying that ignore such
things that I repeatedly address.
This inspires no response.
If I asked you a specific question, would you answer?
I doubt it. :)

I would like to know what you think of what was done during the Obama administration in the Mediterranean area.
Do you think it was good?
Do you think the US sided with the good guys?
You can't analyze a minuscule strip of land in the Mediterranean, without analyzing and understanding the geopolitical context of what the Obama administration did.
There was a before and after Obama. It was a complete destabilization.

The Mediterranean area was completely destabilized, because certain countries became more and more radical and intransigent (just think of Turkey, a NATO member, go figure).
And Hamas as well, was empowered, thanks to what the Gulf countries were allowed to do with their billions.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The way Israel is handling things doesn't suggest they want peace either they way their actions are, without a doubt, doing wonders for driving Hamas recruitment as Palestinian civilians see Israel appearing ti make no real effort to spare them from violence and death and attacking them anyways.
So, what would you propose they do? Mind you, I consider Gandhi to be a mentor of mine, so this should tell you where I'm coming from.

Bthoth

*banned*
The hospital in GAZA was just blown up. Over 800 dead and the estimated civilians that were there is over 4,000.

Now the questions
Did HAMAS do it?
Did Israel do it?

Will Biden turn the plane around and just stay here in the USA?

There will be evidence by the aircraft carriers, satellites and drones?

Who will be held accountable?

Mineretes in West Bank are calling for the people to come out and protest.

Let's hope no other countries will retaliate.
This AM, I was able to see the images of the impact at the hospital in gaza.

It was about the size of a bathtub. It was in the courtyard and the buildings are still standing. No way 500 or 800 people were killed by that blast

I doubt very seriously that it was an israeli weapon. It was too small.

It could have been a rocket fired from within gaza that failed to make it out of the strip.

A perfect example of mistakes that can happen in war.

I am hoping that the people of the region can stop raising the tensions in the protests.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
While this is true, Egypt and Israel was on opposite sides and was openly at war. Even then Israel killed 10 times as many Palestinians as Palestinians killed Israel's. Currently I do not think that will be the situation if Egypt does control Gaza.
What do you think of the countries of the Gulf...you know...those radical, fundamentalist countries led by moneyed people, and where women are treated like property?
They are never brought up in the discussion. Streisand effect.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
That comment is as stupid as it is slanderous.

You're still not capable of productive conversation, huh? Still content to just call people stupid and not actually engage with what they say, preferring to just insult them instead. That's pretty sad. If you care to stop posting such stupid nonsense and try reading what others say and respond with some kind of intelligent comment, feel free to let me know. If you choose to throw around insults that make absolutely no sense, maybe just go away.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Looking at the history of Israel... all efforts of peace offered by Israel has been responded to by a resounding "no" or "not enough" or "great... and now we want more" and what they get in return is more missiles sent weekly.

So I would disagree with your position

I'm not saying that the Israelis are saints but rather speaking generally and referencing "overall".

And what efforts were those? Just "offering peace" isn't good enough. They basically came in and took over the area that is Israel and relegated Palestinians to Gaza and the West Bank. What exactly did they offer them after that?

If a politician offers to legalize abortion with the conditions that we have to institute Trump as king, are they really offering to legalize abortion? When others reject the deal, would you say "Well, they offered to legalize abortion, but you refused!".

If Israel was interested in peace, they wouldn't be blockading Gaza and restricting their access to basic things like food and medicine.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
False, but I have disagreed with some of their decisions, particularly the Likud & associated right-wing parties.

A country who actively inflames tensions with another is not interested in peace with them. Israel uses its power to control Gaza and ignore violence by its people against Palestinians in the West Bank. That's not "seeking peace".

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Wow. Comparing the Israelis to domestic abuse. A new low. You do recall it was Hamas that launched an all out attack against Israel and murdered and raped and pillaged and took hostages, and so on? It wasn’t that long ago. You remember, right?

I like the emotional accusation followed by condescension. Well done. But ignoring that, can you tell me in what way you think Hamas's attack negates the analogy?

Israel has all the power. They have a full, advanced military funded by Western powers like the U.S. They have a fully functional modern state with things like an advanced healthcare system and economy. They take actions that specifically inflame tensions with Palestinians. They functionally control Gaza. They allow Israeli settler violence against Palestinians and the displacement of hundreds of Palestinians in the West Bank.

Obviously Hamas's attack was wrong and horrible. Just don't ignore Israel's actions that led up to it.

Bthoth

*banned*
It's ironic that the Zionists are also committing gradual genocide like the Nazis and taking over the land which was also given to the Palestinians and other Semites by a god.
Thank you Monty for not claiming "Jews" are doing it.

Zionist come in many flavors. In fact there are more christians claiming to be zionist than Jews by a huge margin.

Removing Palestinians from their homes is not quite a genocide but a huge amount of Palestinians removed from Jerusalem are the majority of families now in the 'concentration camp' GAZA.