• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Groundskeepers, Landscapers, Gardeners, Snipers, Lumberjacks....Beware Of Ticks

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Throw in a healthy dose of Giant Hogweed and you know why I don't step outside to pee anymore.

Flame

Beware
They've been thick out here for the last month or so. Keeping my lawn tightly mowed and placing up a barrier of deer repellent plants seem to be keeping them out so far. However the rest of the farm hasn't been so lucky :eek: I went replace the electric fence charger and both the dog and I had about 7-8 tick each.

Earthling

David Henson
They've been thick out here for the last month or so. Keeping my lawn tightly mowed and placing up a barrier of deer repellent plants seem to be keeping them out so far. However the rest of the farm hasn't been so lucky :eek: I went replace the electric fence charger and both the dog and I had about 7-8 tick each.

opustick.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
People and there pets especially are probably significant vectors in the spread of this disease. Growing up ticks were something one ran into frequently in the woods and wilds of Minnesota, but Lyme disease was not even on the horizon then.

David T

Premium Member
Where is that!?? I heard the northeast and colorado are the worst. I spend lots of time out but the oregon coastal range isn't as infested and the lymes issue is low.

Flame

Beware
Where is that!?? I heard the northeast and colorado are the worst. I spend lots of time out but the oregon coastal range isn't as infested and the lymes issue is low.

Eastern South Dakota. Its wet and warm enough here come late may-early june that we see dog ticks come out in mass.

David T

Premium Member
Eastern South Dakota. Its wet and warm enough here come late may-early june that we see dog ticks come out in mass.
First I been to south dakota it's got some great landscape. Second I live on the oregon coast so we do heve ticks but the lymes disease issue is low compared to other areas. But I do tell people to stay out of the forests they are extremely dangerous stay in hotels and shop. I prefer the lack of tourists in the woods, it makes for a much more pleasant experience for me!!!

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Lyme disease is bad around my general area and I put ticks in the same category as roaches but at least a roach can't give you a potentially life altering/ruining illness as far as I know. I used to know this old black guy that catfished a lot on the river, his method was to go to a dime/discount store and buy the cheapest "big momma" pantyhose you could buy and put them on pulling them up to his armpits. When in the weeds and riverbank if ticks get on you and bite they would only attach themselves to the pantyhose, after a day of fishing he would just take them off and burn them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

In the end, insects will ultimately defeat us. Humans don't stand a chance.

We're just seeing the early stages: Killer bees, ticks.

Next, it'll be waves and waves of killer spiders. Then the giant ants will move in.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the end, insects will ultimately defeat us. Humans don't stand a chance.

We're just seeing the early stages: Killer bees, ticks.

Next, it'll be waves and waves of killer spiders. Then the giant ants will move in.
Chickens.
They keep ticks down.

InChrist

Free4ever
Get a few Guinea fowl. They are great for eating ticks without destroying plants and gardens. Noisy though!

Last edited: