• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greta Thunberg person of the year.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I was pleased to learn this today. I wish it had more meaning than it does.

Meanwhile, humans continue to overpopulate the planet - which is the root cause of our sixth mass extinction crisis, global scale ecocide, and of course climate change - as we grant vacuous awards.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Great job Greta!

PRI_86332878.jpg

View attachment 35139

View attachment 35138
Oh, well....she's more deserving of this honor than Obama was for his Nobel Peace Prize.
Congrats, Greta!

Notanumber

A Free Man
Climate change should not be political, it effects us all.

Talk about jumping on the political bandwagon.

BBC Fact check Corbyn claim: Labour would have to plant 200 trees a minute to reach pledge

JEREMY CORBYN launched astonishing pledge on Wednesday when he announced his party would plant two billion trees by 2040 - the equivalent of 200 trees a minute, according to the BBC.

BBC Fact check Corbyn claim: Labour would have to plant 200 trees a minute to reach pledge

Following the announcement of the proposal, however, BBC journalist Chris Mason broke down the mathematics of Labour’s ambitious plan.

In a tweet, he stated: “Labour wants to plant 2 billion trees by 2040.

“That is, roughly, 100 million/yr Or 8.3 million a month.

“2 million a week, 300,000 a day, 2,400 an hour, every hr, 24hrs/day, 200 a minute #GE2019.”

Shaul

Premium Member
Personally, I’m shocked. I didn’t think Time magazine was still around. ;)

I assumed that propaganda tabloid had gone bankrupt. Is it relevant at all anymore? Still the same organ that thought both the Personal Computer (an inanimate object) could be “Machine of the Year” and Adolf Hitler was once “Man of the Year”, could certainly name some zero gravitas adolescent Person of the Year.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Talk about jumping on the political bandwagon.

JEREMY CORBYN launched astonishing pledge on Wednesday when he announced his party would plant two billion trees by 2040 - the equivalent of 200 trees a minute, according to the BBC.

Following the announcement of the proposal, however, BBC journalist Chris Mason broke down the mathematics of Labour’s ambitious plan.

In a tweet, he stated: “Labour wants to plant 2 billion trees by 2040.

“That is, roughly, 100 million/yr Or 8.3 million a month.

“2 million a week, 300,000 a day, 2,400 an hour, every hr, 24hrs/day, 200 a minute #GE2019.”
When it comes to science, listen to scientists, not politicians or lobbyists. As a denier you're a pot calling the kettle black.

Notanumber

A Free Man
When it comes to science, listen to scientists, not politicians or lobbyists. As a denier you're a pot calling the kettle black.

I listen to the scientists that make the most sense unlike politicians that listen to those that can be useful to further their political careers.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I listen to the scientists that make the most sense unlike politicians that listen to those that can be useful to further their political careers.
Like the conservative politicians in the pockets of the fossil fuel industry?
Also it's silly to assume that science must be incorrect when it goes beyond your grasp.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Unbiased scientists are worth listening to if you grasp my meaning.
Those denying climate change have reason to be biased (regulations that reduce pollution also reduce profits), but what would the overwhelming majority of scientists have to gain by making it up? Think logically, kid.