• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greta Thunberg person of the year.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Stalin, Putin, Trump... Time's notable person of the year. I guess Thunberg is who they came up with as being most notable this year. Who's been more notable this year?

They picked Giuliani one year and Nixon twice. Wonder if they will pick Trump again if he wins reelection.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Great job Greta!

PRI_86332878.jpg

upload_2019-12-11_14-15-37.jpeg

upload_2019-12-11_14-15-10.jpeg

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Now here's a crazy thought: perhaps this particular "kid" is exceptional.

Could be. Shirley Temple was able to have a political career after her childhood star status. Being brought up in the spotlight has it's problems, though, and it tends to skew one's view of the world in an unhealthy way. Maybe she can manage to rise above it, but we'll see.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Now here's a crazy thought: perhaps this particular "kid" is exceptional.

Or maybe not?

I don't personally have any dislike for Greta, it could have been anyone but the way the general media created a cult of personality around her and some politicians jumped on the bandwagon was disgusting to see so it is more of a blasphemy against what they tried to shove down our throats, Greta is just the collateral damage.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Or maybe not?

I don't personally have any dislike for Greta, it could have been anyone but the way the general media created a cult of personality around her and some politicians jumped on the bandwagon was disgusting to see so it is more of a blasphemy against what they tried to shove down our throats, Greta is just the collateral damage.

The media and people in general, seem to pay more attention to Trump.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Climate change should not be political, it effects us all.
Not me.
I'm old. I don't have any kids.

Let the parents of toddlers decide what kind of world their children will inherent. It doesn't matter what I do. They'll vote for the Trumps, and keep their big cars and tax abatements and tariffs and whatever.

I won't care. I'll be dead.
Tom

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Perhaps, but kids aren't often as mentally equipped to deal with the problems of fame as adults are. Look what happens to child stars later in life. It doesn't usually end well.

It'd be interesting to see Greta 20 years from now. Might as well ride it while you can. Though yes, fame does usually screw with a kids head.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
much of it negative

Unless you tune into Fox or Breitbart, of course.

If you want to hear negative things about him, you can find your echo chamber in CNN and the like, and if you want to hear positive things about him, there's an echo chamber for that as well. People tune into the news they like hearing.