• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from PA!

Brinne

Hello all! I've been seeking a religion that will stick with me (I was granted the wondrous opportunity of being born to an agnostic family so I more or less have the freedom to choose whatever I wish.) I've looked around a lot, visited some famous religious sites on the East Coast, read some articles, talked to some people but nothing yet.

I'm from Pennlsyvania, in the Lancaster general area (No I'm not Amish, or a Mennonite. I get asked that a lot when travelling) and I've lived here most of my life. I'm interested in music and Theology (another reason why I'm here.)

My extended family is also another reason why I'm here, many of them are religious and I seek to find a religion I like to. My Grandmother tried to show me Catholicism, but it didn't do it for me. My Grandfather showed Episcopalian beliefs, which were interesting but I don't think they were for me. My Aunt tried to show me Mormonism, but I really couldn't stand that. So far I found the faith of my late Grandmother on my father's side the most interesting, Judaism. But yeah I've gone on long enough about me, hope to see you guys around.

Straw Dog

Greetings! Yes, I'm also a Pennsylvanian. It seems that there are a fair amount of us here for some reason. Perhaps we epitomize the melting pot haha. I don't know, but keep seeking. Through constant change, you may find your genuine self. Most importantly, enjoy yourself! Life loses its spontaneity whenever it's taken way too seriously. Lay back and enjoy the ride!

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Hello all! I've been seeking a religion that will stick with me (I was granted the wondrous opportunity of being born to an agnostic family so I more or less have the freedom to choose whatever I wish.) I've looked around a lot, visited some famous religious sites on the East Coast, read some articles, talked to some people but nothing yet.

I'm from Pennlsyvania, in the Lancaster general area (No I'm not Amish, or a Mennonite. I get asked that a lot when travelling) and I've lived here most of my life. I'm interested in music and Theology (another reason why I'm here.)

My extended family is also another reason why I'm here, many of them are religious and I seek to find a religion I like to. My Grandmother tried to show me Catholicism, but it didn't do it for me. My Grandfather showed Episcopalian beliefs, which were interesting but I don't think they were for me. My Aunt tried to show me Mormonism, but I really couldn't stand that. So far I found the faith of my late Grandmother on my father's side the most interesting, Judaism. But yeah I've gone on long enough about me, hope to see you guys around.

Welcome, from a fellow Keystoner.

There is one other member from that area on here for certain.
I lived in Manhiem for a couple years.
Really beautiful part of the Sate.
But I grew up in the southcentral part of the State.