• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great pyramids of egypt

The pyramids have been researched for decades. I suggest you find a book or something online from the researchers. I'm certainly not going to repeat a mountain of information about them.

You dont have to repeat mountains of info, just repeat the info in relation to my questions.

Prometheus85

Ok....but what brought them to believe in this afterlife from the start?

And why did they believe mumufication could make there soul survive death vs just dying without mumification?

The Ancient Egyptians belived that life continued even after death – in the “afterlife”. To them, death was only a temporary interruption or pause to life. As I said before
Egyptians preserved the body of the dead so that it could be used it in the afterlife. They believed this was the only way to be able to have an afterlife. Therefore, mummification was a vital process in ancient Egyptian funerals.

Prometheus85

Ok....but what brought them to believe in this afterlife from the start?

And why did they believe mumufication could make there soul survive death vs just dying without mumification?
The ancient Egyptian idea of the afterlife is vastly different from what many believe today. Today, most people believe that their life will be judged upon their death. If they are judged to have done well by their religion's standards, then they are admitted into a paradise. If they have not done well, then the possibility of eternal punishment awaits them, often in a fiery realm. Some religions do believe in a halfway realm—not quite a punishment but not quite paradise either. Others believe in reincarnation, where the soul of the deceased returns to be reborn into a new life on Earth. For the Egyptians, things were not quite that simple.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Where did they get the idea of the afterlife from?

And who wer there gods AND WHY?

Probably from animatistic beliefs. Something made the trees grow and the sun and moon travel across the sky. Folks created Gods to explain what they saw in the natural world. They gave names to these Gods some of which became popular.

Death was also part of their experience. A person was alive one minute then he next, whatever force animated the physical body was gone. They must have wondered where that force went. They created an afterlife to explain where the life force went.

Anything that they experienced in the world they couldn't understand they created a God to explain its cause.

Prometheus85

The ancient Egyptian idea of the afterlife is vastly different from what many believe today. Today, most people believe that their life will be judged upon their death. If they are judged to have done well by their religion's standards, then they are admitted into a paradise. If they have not done well, then the possibility of eternal punishment awaits them, often in a fiery realm. Some religions do believe in a halfway realm—not quite a punishment but not quite paradise either. Others believe in reincarnation, where the soul of the deceased returns to be reborn into a new life on Earth. For the Egyptians, things were not quite that simple.
For the Egyptians, the soul was not a single unified entity. Rather, the immortal soul was split into three important parts—the Ka, the Ba, and the Akh. The Ka is the spark of life for each individual. It is said that the moment Khnum finishes creating the body out of clay is the same that the Ka enters the body and gives it life. It is identical to that person and is immortal. The Ka makes sure that a person will continue to exist after death, but it does need sustenance. This part of the soul is able to absorb the energy from food offerings left by the living. Often, images of food and drink will be painted on the inside of tombs, in the hope that this will sustain the Ka in case no offerings are left by the living.

Probably from animatistic beliefs. Something made the trees grow and the sun and moon travel across the sky. Folks created Gods to explain what they saw in the natural world. They gave names to these Gods some of which became popular.

Death was also part of their experience. A person was alive one minute then he next, whatever force animated the physical body was gone. They must have wondered where that force went. They created an afterlife to explain where the life force went.

Anything that they experienced in the world they couldn't understand they created a God to explain its cause.

You say probably, but how do you know it was not literal beings, be they angels, spirits, aliens ect? And these gods tell them about the afterlife?

For the Egyptians, the soul was not a single unified entity. Rather, the immortal soul was split into three important parts—the Ka, the Ba, and the Akh. The Ka is the spark of life for each individual. It is said that the moment Khnum finishes creating the body out of clay is the same that the Ka enters the body and gives it life. It is identical to that person and is immortal. The Ka makes sure that a person will continue to exist after death, but it does need sustenance. This part of the soul is able to absorb the energy from food offerings left by the living. Often, images of food and drink will be painted on the inside of tombs, in the hope that this will sustain the Ka in case no offerings are left by the living.

So, khnum made the body out of clay you say? Did they know this or was it there belief and what brings you to your answer?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You say probably, but how do you know it was not literal beings, be they angels, spirits, aliens ect? And these gods tell them about the afterlife?

If you look back to the Gods of Sumeria, they seem to imply that the Gods walked among them. They were taller than man, giants. Man was created as servants to them.

If this is true, where are these gods now? Some see them as aliens that were here on earth about 4000BC but left. That would explain their absence I suppose.

However it's kind of easy to see these cause of many of these forces of nature that were once called gods as physical phenomenon.

I also believe that the subconscious mind can take these stories of god and bring to life the experience of being in the presence of these gods.

Dreams, visions, waking experiences. Just like in dreams there are autonomous people that you experience and seem to have an existence separate from your consciousness. The subconscious mind can as easily create the experience of a God, completely autonomous from yourself for you to interact with.

IMO these people claim to speak with God really did experience speaking with God, it just happen to be a God created for them by their subconscious mind creating a reality from the stories.

This happens, I know this happens. What I don't know is supernatural beings. If there was evidence for them. A good reason to believe they were not construct of the subconscious mind, I'd be happy to accept such explanations.

However from what I've experienced for myself, I believe it is possible to explain man's belief in gods without resorting to the supernatural.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Whats the purpose of these pyramids? Are they religious, political, or some kind technology? How wer they built as well?

And most importantly, how do you know based on your answers?

If I recall correctly, some of the older pyramids in a more ancient style- I believe they're credited to Imhotep- serve as burial monuments. Burial monuments is a safe guess.

Prometheus85

So, khnum made the body out of clay you say? Did they know this or was it there belief and what brings you to your answer?
Khnum was an ancient Egyptian deity, Khnum was the god of rebirth, creation and the evening sun,
Khnum was the god of rebirth, creation and the evening sun, it was an ancient Egyptian deity. It was thier belief. What brings me to this answer? It’s well documented threw ancient Egyptian writings and artifacts

Prometheus85

Why would u suggest, angles, spirits, or aliens? Do Believe aliens built the pyramids or something?

james bond

And after the theatrical release, they did a documentary series that aired over several years, and had several spinoffs, too...

Did it mention the Israelites being enslaved for 400 years to help the Pharoah build his pyramids? Also, they may have been among to first settlers to help build the Tower of Babel.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Did it mention the Israelites being enslaved for 400 years to help the Pharoah build his pyramids? Also, they may have been among to first settlers to help build the Tower of Babel.
Hmmm...don't remember anything about that...but then, that sounds a lot more like Ancient Aliens than Stargate

james bond

Hmmm...don't remember anything about that...but then, that sounds a lot more like Ancient Aliens than Stargate

No, I enjoyed Stargate. Maybe I'll have to check out Ancient Aliens ha ha.

I interjected the Tower of Babel because it was a ziggurat, pyramidal in shape. These people had engineering experience, I think they included Israelites, also built smaller pyramids called mastabas for the pharoahs to be buried.

Faithofchristian

Scientist have dated the pyramids of Egypt to be 12000 to 85000 years old.
That's not hard to believe.
Seeing the earth is Millions to Billions of years old it's self.

Grandliseur

Whats the purpose of these pyramids? Are they religious, political, or some kind technology? How wer they built as well?

And most importantly, how do you know based on your answers?
There is too much self interest in this to solve the problem. The Egyptian authorities, and others, do not want an unbiased examination on a global scale.
Even in regard to the Sphinx which bears obvious serious water erosion - has no agreement between the supposed experts on this. It is all lies and agendas. There is a global historical agenda that keeps things in check; none can get past the barrier of denial.

Khnum was an ancient Egyptian deity, Khnum was the god of rebirth, creation and the evening sun,

Khnum was the god of rebirth, creation and the evening sun, it was an ancient Egyptian deity. It was thier belief. What brings me to this answer? It’s well documented threw ancient Egyptian writings and artifacts

Im not asking what they believed, im asking what led them to that belief?

And what is the document section where they spoke on the said question?