• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravitationalists!!

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
I am pretty sure God did not write those words. In modern times when things can be proven I have yet to see a prophet ad words from God to the Bible. That would just be considered insanity.

Except that there's a hold bunch of them out in Utah who do just that...

Ever heard of Mormons (LDS)?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Soon I will make a post that will totally destroy the Theory of Gravity!!

(As soon as I find some evidence to quote mine from...)

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Or we could go with Newtons Law of Gravity.

"Wright's gray-shingled home in this small Northern California town overflows with black boxes housing small magnets that spin, twist and roll and, he says, demonstrate the illogic of Newton's ideas. He uses galaxies passing through each other in deep space as an illustration of his ideas. The stars usually don't collide because they REPEL or PUSH EACH OTHER APART, he said. Wright's views are understandably unpopular with some physicists, although he says one mathematician who attended a demonstration of his theories told him his ideas were just as valid as most accepted theories of physics. 'Other scientists tell me they don't believe me, but they can't disprove my theories,' Wright said."

Physics Professor Eugene D. Commins at the University of California, who knew Einstein personally, called the notion of push-gravity 'total'. I say that without qualification.' He said ...... Newtonian physics doesn't explain gravitational forces,

I just want you to know how pleased we were with your performance on 'Morning Scene' the other day. It was an excellent presentation of a number of simple demonstrations of some pretty complicated theories. I have to say your theories were not only 'interesting', but made VERY GOOD SENSE, TOO.

You can see from the above quotes that I quote-mined and personally edited from here that Newton was full of bunk!

Cobblestones

Devoid of Ettiquette
Just wanted to let all you Gravitationalist out there know that the Theory of Gravity is exactly that!! It's just a THEORY!
I love the ignorance of the phrase "just a theory."

Theory: 1. The analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another. 2. A plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena.

christian

elected member
actually gravity is the one biggy that scientists the world over take for granted. they can measure it's effect but haven't a clue as to what it is or how it works. we have no idea what the heck it is. acceleration causes exactly the same effect. gravity is proving to be the thorn in the side of a unified theory of natural law. we seem to have everything else in place except this theory of gravitation.

a different theory than the well known expanding universe is also called the expanding universe. it is based on static matter expanding according to a volume to density ratio. It involves the "creation" of the effect of acceleration which is the same as the effect of gravity. it has been demonstrated (to me as well) that the orbit of one celestial body around another can be explained by this concept. it's a very difficult concept to grasp and keep, but if held long enough to go through a complex series of expansions....orbits of static but expanding bodies can indeed be demonstrated. when i first "got it" long enough i wondered why we hadn't clued into this very simple mechanism before. then i lose ability to hang onto the concept and can't see how it could work.

odd concept, but it has definite possibilities. at least it's a start where there is only empty acceptance of the "effects" of a totally unexplained so called force.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't believe in gravity. It's a stupid theory. It doesn't even make sense. How could a planet pull things toward it when the planet is just made of dirt and stuff. Here's an experiment: Get a big hand-ful of dirt, and put it on a sidewalk. Then put a rock an inch away from it. Does the dirt pull the rock toward it? HA! NO, it doesn't!! Theory disproven.

Take that, gravitationalists!!

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I don't believe in gravity. It's a stupid theory. It doesn't even make sense. How could a planet pull things toward it when the planet is just made of dirt and stuff. Here's an experiment: Get a big hand-ful of dirt, and put it on a sidewalk. Then put a rock an inch away from it. Does the dirt pull the rock toward it? HA! NO, it doesn't!! Theory disproven.

Take that, gravitationalists!!

The Earth isn't made of just dirt and stuff. The inside is magnetic, liquid nickel rotating about a solid iron core (or maybe the other way around) creating friction and convection which in a long and complicated process creates a magnetic field.

*edit* once again, i'm derailing a thread with pointless side notes :D

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
The Earth isn't made of just dirt and stuff. The inside is magnetic, liquid nickel rotating about a solid iron core (or maybe the other way around) creating friction and convection which in a long and complicated process creates a magnetic field.

*edit* once again, i'm derailing a thread with pointless side notes :D

Don't be absurd. There's not magnets and nickels inside of the world. Who put the magnets and nickels in there? And why did they do that? And if there are magnets, and gravity is real, does that mean that people have magnets in them too? Then why don't I stick to the refrigerator?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Don't be absurd. There's not magnets and nickels inside of the world. Who put the magnets and nickels in there? And why did they do that? And if there are magnets, and gravity is real, does that mean that people have magnets in them too? Then why don't I stick to the refrigerator?

Yup, don't try this at home but we have massive magnets under our ribs. Doctors lie to us and tell us that we have a heart. Its untrue, its a big magnet.

Everytime the USA goes into recession, the world throws all their nickles down to the centre of the earth. Therefore, we have only had gravity since about 1933 :D

Refrigerators don't have magnets or anything metal in them, don't be silly ;) They use magnesium in them now :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I wondered why I felt so magnetic all the time...

I still am not buying that the world is round though. Or that it is moving. Because I don't feel like I'm moving.

jtartar

If gravity is just a theory. Then how can we stand upon the earth without floating about, Yet we cannot stand upon the moon without floating about.

Atreyu,
There is no such thing as the theory of gravity. Gravity is a fact!!!
We can stand on both the earth and the moon. On the moon there is much less gravity because the moon is much smaller and has about one sixth the gravity of the earth. No one actually floats on the moon, but because a person weighs only about 0ne sixth of his weight on earth a person can jump much higher.