• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravitationalists!!

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
If that were the case then I would imagine he would still be communicating to the select prophets amongst us, who then should be adding God's thoughts to the Bible. The world is everchanging and I am sure that God should have something more to say to us by now.
No, everything that's ever been said, that ever needed to be said is contained in those 66 books collectively known as the Holy Bible. Nothing else is needed; all the necessary knowledge, ethics, morality, science, philosophy, art, expression- everything pertaining to existence is contained between its inerrant pages.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
No, everything that's ever been said, that ever needed to be said is contained in those 66 books collectively known as the Holy Bible. Nothing else is needed; all the necessary knowledge, ethics, morality, science, philosophy, art, expression- everything pertaining to existence is contained between its inerrant pages.
So true!!
Shut down the Universities!!
End the evils of Scientific research!!
All we need to know God has already provided!
:foot:

Atreyu

The Devil herself
If all we needed to know were already contained in the Bible then why are so many questions left unanswered?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
If all we needed to know were already contained in the Bible then why are so many questions left unanswered?
Because humans use their secular ungodly means to attempt to understand the world instead of paying attention to God's Word. It's like someone using a ruler to measure the distance from New York to Los Angeles; secularists are using the wrong tools for the job and come up with ridiculous false answers like evolution and gravity and musical theater.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Don't listen to his lies. The qur'an is the true inerrant word of god which contains all necesssary knowledge and answers all questions.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Because humans use their secular ungodly means to attempt to understand the world instead of paying attention to God's Word. It's like someone using a ruler to measure the distance from New York to Los Angeles; secularists are using the wrong tools for the job and come up with ridiculous false answers like evolution and gravity and musical theater.

If musical theater is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Atreyu

The Devil herself
I spent my entire childhood and beyond paying attention to the so called word of God. Much more time than I have trying to figure out scientific theories and even so Science is still winning.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I spent my entire childhood and beyond paying attention to the so called word of God. Much more time than I have trying to figure out scientific theories and even so Science is still winning.
I like you Atreyu, so I'm gonna tell you this: science is a dead end of lies and misery and meaningless nights spent in the arms of beautiful women while being showered with untold wealth.

If nothing else, remember that.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
:ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore:

(p.s. you realize this is all in jest:D)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I like you Atreyu, so I'm gonna tell you this: science is a dead end of lies and misery and meaningless nights spent in the arms of beautiful women while being showered with untold wealth.

I think you're confusing science with politics.

Kerr

Then what about everthing on the bottom and sides of the earth. Last I heard the earth is still round, or are back to flat again.
Nope, everything that leaves the sides of the Earth gets vaporised by God.

Seriously, though, I once heard that the Flat Earth Society actually believes there is no such thing as gravity... but do NOT take my word for it, I have only heard it.

Atreyu

The Devil herself

Well, meaningless nights in the arms of beautiful men while being showered with gifts sounds magically erotic and extremely fabulous.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Well, meaningless nights in the arms of beautiful men while being showered with gifts sounds magically erotic and extremely fabulous.

You see!!
This hedonistic attitude is what the evils of scientific reason will lead you to!!