• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP's 2020 Platform Against Extremism

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I agree with the outlook regarding moderates and independents if Dems continue to swing further left and if their candidate reflects that shift. Trump could easily bank on this during a reelection campaign and will in my view. After all there is a difference between the campaign and what is enacted as policy after an election.
I think he would be foolish not to do that. I am looking forward to seeing how the Democratic field shapes up. Let's hope the DNC doesn't take the wheel and make the choice instead of the people they represent.

esmith

Veteran Member
Can you at least try to find a reliable source? If your only source is extreme right wing news then it brings all of your claims into question.
Well I guess you idea of extreme is considerably different than the average person.
Reading your post above it seems that all you can do is ***** about the source vice having an intelligent discussion about what was presented.
Of course I realize that if one doesn't read what is presented it would be hard to have an intelligent discussion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well I guess you idea of extreme is considerably different than the average person.
Reading your post above it seems that all you can do is ***** about the source vice having an intelligent discussion about what was presented.
Of course I realize that if one doesn't read what is presented it would be hard to have an intelligent discussion.
Very often when I argue politics I will try to use a conservative source to defend liberal views and a liberal source to defend conservative ones. It is easy to find sources that preach to the choir. You can convince a lot more people if you avoid that sort of source.

esmith

Veteran Member
Very often when I argue politics I will try to use a conservative source to defend liberal views and a liberal source to defend conservative ones. It is easy to find sources that preach to the choir. You can convince a lot more people if you avoid that sort of source.
What?????

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Very often when I argue politics I will try to use a conservative source to defend liberal views and a liberal source to defend conservative ones.
I almost always double-check if it's in an area of controversy, especially because of my loooooooooong experience that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

esmith

Veteran Member
No, I understand what an opinion is and I try to avoid mere opinion. By avoiding sources that preach to the choir politically one avoids posting only worthless opinion.
Oh so sorry your feathers are ruffled. But I understand..... if you don't like an opinion it is worthless.

esmith

Veteran Member
Not what I said or implied. Though I did imply that you are not doing your homework.
Excuse me!
Did you not say
No, I understand what an opinion is and I try to avoid mere opinion. By avoiding sources that preach to the choir politically one avoids posting only worthless opinion.

Sure sounds like if you don't like the source you don't like the opinion. So tell you what stop reading them and commenting on them since you don't have anything to contribute that is worth reading.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Excuse me!
Did you not say

Sure sounds like if you don't like the source you don't like the opinion. So tell you what stop reading them and commenting on them since you don't have anything to contribute that is worth reading.
Yes, and it is too bad that you did not understand it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You're misinformed. Jews don't vote republican for good reason. And the random 2-3 people you mention do not represent the democratic party.

You act like there are no people in the republican party who despise jews. I can look at how many jews are in congress to tell where their position stands.
I got to see if brother Nathanael is a Republican.