• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good News!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm just waking up, and feeling this day could go either way...

So, I wanna push the scales the 'good' way. I wouldn't mind having a decent day today...

Tell me some good stuff. What's going on in the world right now that's good? I don't care where, and I don't care how small.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The new British PM may not be a super hero but the pound sterling is strengthening after the last PM almost ruined it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Halloween is soon.
It's the best holiday.
- Candy
- Costumes
- No presents
- No dining with relatives

This is a positive thing! We even managed to keep the kid's costumes under 20 bucks this year(for two). We're going to carve our pumpkins tomorrow, and pass out candy. Our area moved trick-or-treating to Saturday night, which doesn't work for us, so we'll pass out candy that night, and go trick-or-treating in a city an hour from here on Halloween night.

The new British PM may not be a super hero but the pound sterling is strengthening after the last PM almost ruined it.

Glad to hear things are on an upswing...

Here's something else good: I get to work from home today.

That is great! What do you do?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ive just had my Friday back massage. My back is not causing me much discomfort but more to the point... I've just spent half am hour on the couch talking in a jolly tone about death. More precisely, the upcoming day of the dead.

Orbit

I'm a planet
This is a positive thing! We even managed to keep the kid's costumes under 20 bucks this year(for two). We're going to carve our pumpkins tomorrow, and pass out candy. Our area moved trick-or-treating to Saturday night, which doesn't work for us, so we'll pass out candy that night, and go trick-or-treating in a city an hour from here on Halloween night.

Glad to hear things are on an upswing...

That is great! What do you do?

I'm a professor, and I'm working on writing a book, which is what I'll be doing today.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ive just had my Friday back massage. My back is not causing me much discomfort but more to the point... I've just spent half am hour on the couch talking in a jolly tone about death. More precisely, the upcoming day of the dead.

Is the Day of the Dead something you observe?

I'm a professor, and I'm working on writing a book, which is what I'll be doing today.

Whatcha writing about?

ChristineM

Premium Member

No, before moving to france I'd never heard of it. First i knew of it was going for a walk, passing through the usually quite graveyard to be met by around a dozen individual parties going on. Food, drink, conversation, laughter etc.

I find it fascinating but don't observe it.

Orbit

I'm a planet

Whatcha writing about?

It's a textbook on social movements from a sociological perspective. It includes chapters on Christian nationalism, the Tea Party, Black Lives Matter, Indigenous water protector movements, the Environmental movement, Pro-life/Pro-Choice movements, Feminist movements, and the cannabis/psychedelic drug legalization movements.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We tried a snack from Costco.
Sugar infused dried anchovies.
They're not as intense dried.
And sugar doesn't improve things.
The good news is that you now know to avoid this product.

We Never Know

No Slack

So, I wanna push the scales the 'good' way. I wouldn't mind having a decent day today...

Tell me some good stuff. What's going on in the world right now that's good? I don't care where, and I don't care how small.

Its a sunny day and we all are still kicking and chatting.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
We tried a snack from Costco.
Sugar infused dried anchovies.
They're not as intense dried.
And sugar doesn't improve things.
The good news is that you now know to avoid this product.

Well, as a vegetarian, I'd have avoided it anyways, but I'll put out the word so the rest of society knows.

Its a sunny day and we all are still kicking and chatting.

Who are we kicking? :D

Its actually sunny here, too. That's been coming and going over the last few days.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

It's Moonbear's birthday!

Vee

Premium Member
I get a 4 day weekend and I'm going on a trip to a part of France I don't know yet. That's the source of my happiness today.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

There's a movement to eliminate Daylight Savings Time that has taken root where I live:

312084869_144213931677952_5497575925558956349_n.jpg

nPeace

Veteran Member

Good news of something better is being declared in all the earth.
It involves the news that God's kingdom is at hand, and submitting to it brings blessing now, and future blessings that will last forever.