• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

god's plan?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Frankly, I don't think anyone can speak for God
Well isn't this what the topic is about, those claiming they have the plan from God...
assuming that God as you picture Him actually exists.
It isn't assumption, all the things have happened Biblically to set a Snare before the nations across time. :innocent:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"Sin" means "to miss the mark", and heaven knows I've done that many, many times. Where the conjecture comes in is what is the "mark" and how was the "mark" established as such? If my wife sets the "mark", I sin all the time. :(
When we're children missing the mark is part of learning. As adults we forget that.

As far as wives go, I am indeed a sinner with no place to run and hide. ;)

wizanda

Premium Member
A claim made by many, but they don't seem to be all on the same page.
How could they be?

Is Moses's experience of God, the same as Adam's; every persons experience of God is slightly different; that is what life is all about.

As for the Biblical plan, personally think it has to be logically adding up consistently throughout, and for many it seems that because of their own personal gain, they then fail to see their own flaws in logic.

Plus because there is so much emphasis on this "knowing the plan", some people want to seem like they do at all costs, regardless of facts. :innocent:

arthra

Baha'i
a lot of people mention it. what is god's plan? a plan of what?

When I think of God's Plan I think of the overall "blue print" for our civilization by the Divine Architect... Our sciences .. our social order and our actions and aspirations to build a better world are the fuel and foundation for that Plan. We may not always be aware of it or be able to define our daily role but it is there.

When I worked in construction I was given a small section of an overall coordinated plan. So I dug a ditch or we helped pour cement or we carried out whatever was our designated role. Each of us had a goal and we worked side by side toward achieving it.

What are some of the over all goals for us on this planet?

I'd suggest that our goal is providing education first for our children to live in a world where they can achieve greatness and learn to work together... accepting each other and living positive fruitful l.

Another goal is reducing racism and learning how to get along with each other... to better appreciate each other's talents and abilities...to accept the oneness of our humanity.

Providing all the members or community with a modicum of food, clothing and shelter while still aspiring to achieve our personal goals and aspirations.

Reducing violence by focusing on the causes of disintegration and hatred.

We are one.. Our world is one inter related living organism and so our goal is to achieve what was only dreamed of by past generations.

wizanda

Premium Member
Whatever plan people concoct it up to be.
This isn't the case, it is a specific religious text, and therefore there are set understandings based on which texts, and presuppositions people accept. ;)

We could list each 'plan' within the Biblical text if anyone is interested. :innocent:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This isn't the case, it is a specific religious text, and therefore there are set understandings based on which texts, and presuppositions people accept. ;)

We could list each 'plan' within the Biblical text if anyone is interested. :innocent:
Well, the originators of religious texts anyways who first wrote it down from what they think their ideas are about God's plans and such.

Etritonakin

a lot of people mention it. what is god's plan? a plan of what?
The only meaning or purpose life can have is sharing joy and love.

God gave the creation over to futility in hope.

God and the Word knew they could increase joy and love endlessly -so they decided to make many like them.

However, that process required a temporary state of learning what to do and not do which was quite opposite.

It is written that the former things will eventually not be remembered or be brought to mind.

Reactions: syo

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
God needs euchre partners to fill in on Thursday night's so he created us