• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods name Lucifer

I don't know where he is getting demon from.

However, Gad was a Goddess, and a Hebrew tribe. We also have a God of fortune in the Bible - called Gad. A pan-Semitic god of fortune.

Isa 65:11 But you are those who forsake YHVH, who forget My holy mountain; who array a table for Gad (The Babylonian Deity of fortune), and who fill mixed wine for Meni (The Deity of fate).

More interesting is that Baal is called Baal Gad = Lord God, and if you have read some of our threads here, you have probably seen our conversations about the Hebrew originally being wandering Canaanites. The Canaanites worshipped Baal Gad, and sacrificed their sons to him. According to the Bible the Hebrew also worshiped, and had child sacrifice, to Baal.

Jer 19:5 They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

Eze 20:25 Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;

Eze 20:26 And - I - polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.

Here they associate Ba'al with Moloch. We have had many discussions on the Hebrew worshiping Moloch.

Jer 32:35 And they built the high places of Baal in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My heart, that they should do this detestable thing, to cause Judah to sin.

Interestingly - in the verse where YHVH tells them his name is YHVH, - he said their forefathers knew him by a different name.

Exo 6:2 And Elohiym spoke to Moses and said to him, I am YHVH.

Exo 6:3 And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as El Shaddai, and by My name YHVH have I not been known to them.

"… In other words, the Melech to whom child-sacrifices were offered was Yahweh under another name. To uphold this view appeal is made in particular to Jer., vii, 31; xix, 5, and to Ezech., xx, 25-31."- Catholic Encyclopedia

"In 1841, both Georg Friedrich Daumer and Friedrich Wilhelm Ghillany published influential works on the topic.[18] These authors came to the conclusion that the Biblical text reflect an original identity of Molek and Yahweh, and that the cult of Yahweh grew out of that of Molek by the abolishing of human sacrifice. The authors find numerous instances of vestigial references to human sacrifice, most notably the law that all firstborns must be "consecrated" or "given" to Yahweh (Exodus 13:2, 22:28)." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Isa 65;11, Is as good as any place to identify the goddess Gad with THE DEMON.
It is not you or I saying so but if we look at the Hebrew translated Greek Septuagint, that is how it translates into the Greek, the equivalent English word Demon.
The Scribes 300 BC said so, once realized the connections are everywhere.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Isa 65;11, Is as good as any place to identify the goddess Gad with THE DEMON.
It is not you or I saying so but if we look at the Hebrew translated Greek Septuagint, that is how it translates into the Greek, the equivalent English word Demon.
The Scribes 300 BC said so, once realized the connections are everywhere.

Baloney! It cannot translate as such.

It is a Hebrew text, and it says the name of a Pagan God of Fortune = GAD.

It is ridiculous, - and changes nothing, - that a later group decided all Pagan Gods are demons.

Their belief does not make it so, - nor does it change the original correct text.

Here it is from the Hebraic Roots Bible, - a Christian Bible publishing group that "TRIES :D" to stick closer to the original!

Isa 65:11 But you are those who forsake YAHWEH, who forget My holy mountain; who array a table for Gawd (The Babylonian Deity of fortune), and who fill mixed wine for Meni (The Deity of fate).

Yes Gad pronounced Gawd, any dictionary will confirm this is where we get the word god from, here we have it said clearly in the verse you quoted that Yahweh is not happy with those who associate with Gawd. The Septuagint translated the word gawd to demos, God is indeed the great demon. Going back further in time is where the connection of gawd to lucifer exists, it is nearly impossible to get info on gad but some of her quotes on her statues can be found.
Give me back my Baal,
I am going to crush your skull El
Many in the same context, she is a foul mouthed evil whore, she is god

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Yes Gad pronounced Gawd, any dictionary will confirm this is where we get the word god from, here we have it said clearly in the verse you quoted that Yahweh is not happy with those who associate with Gawd. The Septuagint translated the word gawd to demos, God is indeed the great demon. Going back further in time is where the connection of gawd to lucifer exists, it is nearly impossible to get info on gad but some of her quotes on her statues can be found.
Give me back my Baal,
:facepalm:
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=god

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Give me back my Baal,

Because a "God" isn't YOUR God, - doesn't make that other God a demon, no matter how hard you try.

Gad here does not mean - God. It is a name of a God, and you will note that another God, Meni, is also named in the same sentence.

Gad does not translate to demon.

As someone has already said, - there is no ancient "Lucifer" as an evil being.

There is no supernatural evil being called Lucifer in Isaiah 14:12.

I care less for any god, the obvious is that the very term most use as the creator is the word god which was originally the name of a living being misrepresented as gad, you confirmed yourself that the phonetic pronunciation of the goddess gad is gawd which is the same phonetic word god. Or maybe you have other information which can bring to the light the very origin of this name/title, it did come from somewhere else but what is the point in adding to this when this alone is confusing.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
-1- I care less for any god, -2- the obvious is that the very term most use as the creator is the word god which was originally the name of a living being misrepresented as gad, you confirmed yourself that the phonetic pronunciation of the goddess gad is gawd which is the same phonetic word god. -3- Or maybe you have other information which can bring to the light the very origin of this name/title, it did come from somewhere else but what is the point in adding to this when this alone is confusing.

What exactly is your point here?

1 In your first sentence above - you say you could care less for any God. However, you are very obviously invested in the religious ideas behind the Abrahamic religions.

In other words, you have told us that you believe in a Serpent named Lucifer, and you are going on and on about where the word God comes from, and telling people they are worshiping an ancient evil when they use the word God. Thus you are of the Abrahamic believers!

2 The fact that there are ancient "Gods" named Gad, - in no way means Gad means "God." All the uses in context, show us that it is a name for a "God" just as Meni or YHVH is. It is also associated with fortune and troops, etc. You are making a huge jump from A=phonetically sounds like our modern pronunciation of "God," - to Z- it is the same and we worship an ancient evil God when we use the term "God." You jumped from A to Z without real proof connecting them. They sound the same won't do. Nor will a Deity once being named Gad.

3 You have already been offered several opinions and sites for the word's origins. Is there more, or earlier uses? Of course. However you need proof.

GoodbyeDave

Actually Budge says Amen is in the Pyramid Texts.
The Hebrew ’āmēn means "certainly"

Budge's Amen is the Egyptologists' pronunciation of the hieroglyphs reed-owl-water representing the consonants ymn. (Egyptological pronunciation of hieroglyphs is a mystery wrapped in an enigma…) The actual pronunciation was Yamána in classical Egyptian and Amōn, later Amūn in Graeco-Roman times. That was, of course, the name of a god and nothing to do with being certain!