• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God V. Satan. Off the top of my head.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Satan got his way: there's evil in the world.

God didn't get his way: There's evil in the world.

In fact, Satan seems to have even corrupted god.
godvsatan.jpg

Am I right or am I right!

Blackdog22

Well, now Skwim there is a problem that I see. First of all when God kills its not bad, its good and therefore not killing. If you don't understand that then you understand nothing.

Secondly, Satan forced everyone to murder everyone including Hitler so Satan may actually have the upper hand.

Therefore God wins. :D

(Sorry I had too.)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
That doesn't work if Satan is symbolic. As for the sarcasm, that is best ignored by yours truly. :)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
ok...Let's say you're attempting a form of discipline needed for life after death.
You get it down pat.....and you want to share it.

Someone else is trying to undo the technique.
Everyone turn of interference becomes a ongoing problem.

And with every turn of interference the discipline is corrupted.
The item at hand fails in the last breath.
Dust to dust.

Why then tolerate the interference?
Why not just kill it?

Because the interference sifts the strong from the weak.

True enough....most of us fail.
Dust to dust.

Even more fail for cause of 'interference'.

But those who find the discipline......are eternal.

That's what I get out of Job.

Straw Dog

In fairness, a lot of deities were committing genocide back in the day. It was kind of a fad. Fortunately, Jehovah mellowed out after he found Jesus.

John Martin

godvsatan.jpg

God and Satan:
Evil does not come from God and it does not come from Satan. Evil belongs to the evolutionary process of our consciousness. We need expand our consciousness until we come to the divine consciousness, which is absolute Good.Here I share with you what I wrote on the source of Evil.
Dear Sir,
My search so far for the cause of evil brought the following observations. Do not take them as definite or absolute but only tentative because there is always scope to discover new aspects.
God is absolute Good which means God does not have an opposite called Evil. In the book of genesis we read that everything that God created was good. When God created human beings he said 'very good'. If God is absolute good and God did not create evil, then from where does evil come? We need to distinguish moral evil from natural evil. For example in nature there is killing and being killed. Some birds, animals and insects live on killing. That is their nature and they are not aware that it is evil to do so.
Moral evil applies to human beings who are given the gift of self -consciousness. So what is the source of moral evil?
Relative good and relative evil are like two side of the same coin. Where there is relative good there will be relative evil. When we speak of evil we are speaking of relative evil but not Absolute Evil which does not exist.
I suggest the following for the cause of relative evil:
1. Relative evil comes from the ignorance of our true nature as the image and likeness of God or our oneness with God.
2. Relative evil belongs to the evolutionary process of human consciousness in its journey from the unconscious goodness to consciousness goodness. The light of divine consciousness is present in everyone. But people are not aware. There arises a desire to be conscious of this divine light-to become like God. Human beings project the object of their desire outside. With this desire begins the evolution of human consciousness. Human consciousness becomes fragmented- which in the book of Genesis is shown as a serpent crawling on the ground. In Hinduism this is called samsara- being seduced by the mohini, illusion.
3. Relative evil comes when we consider relative truth as the absolute truth. It is Identification with religions, with nationalities, ethnic groups and linguistic groups. This is the source of religious wars, political wars and ethnic wars. This is also connected to ignorance. People kill others for the sake of their religion, nationality and race and also are willing to die for the sake of them. The earth is divided into so many continents and countries. There are boundaries to protect and countries spend lot of money for the army. A person who has gone above the earth sees that there is only one earth. National divisions are artificial and man-made. People die or kill for man -made divisions. Relative truths see evil in those who are outside of it. Relative truths always have an enemy.
4. Relative evil comes from the psychological abuse and emotional wounds that people receive. People who are abused may abuse others.
5. Relative evil also can come from longing for love and attention. For example if a person is hungry and cannot earn, this person may become a beggar and also may become a criminal. In the same way people who starve emotionally and do not receive sufficient love and affection, may indulge in criminal behavior. Through their criminal behavior they are also longing for love and affection. This is the evil that comes from the longing of love and attention.
6. The deep longing of the human heart is love and ultimately divine love. We come from God and we have to return to God. All are longing for the love for God. In this process of discovering divine love evil also manifests. But this evil is not absolute but relative. God is absolute Good. There is no Absolute Evil. Evil belongs to the evolutionary process of human beings and with the discovery of oneness with God it comes to an end. In the beginning there is Absolute Goodness and at the end there will be Absolute Goodness. Relative evil has a beginning and an end. It is not created by God but it is a necessary by- product of human evolution towards God. When we look into the heart of person whom we consider evil we discover that that person is longing for love or God.
In the book of Genesis God told human beings not to eat the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. It is the knowledge of relative good and relative evil. Since Adam and Eve were in the unconscious state and they need to become conscious, eating the forbidden fruit becomes inevitable. It is only by knowing relative good and evil they will come back to the Absolute Good. They will return to the Garden of Eden again.
Serpent holding its tail is the symbol of unconscious unitary consciousness or unconscious absolute good; serpent crawling on ground is the symbol of the knowledge of relative good and evil. It is coming out of the Garden of Eden. The serpent raising its hood is the symbol of conscious unitary consciousness or conscious absolute good.
We can also use the symbol of river. One bank of the river is unconscious goodness. The water flowing in the river is the symbol of the movement of becoming-relative good and evil. The other bank of the river is conscious goodness. The purpose of our spiritual life is to pass from the one side of the bank to the other side passing through the waters.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist

godvsatan.jpg

I guess if you want to baselessly attack a religion, without really understanding it, then you're right.

For me, I would rather see what most Christians are saying, what theology says; you know, research. If one does such, the OP is seen as simply ridiculous.

chinu

chinu

Who gave you all these informations ? God or Satan ? just think about :)
Beware! Satan has the ablity to act like God.

Man of Faith

Heros:
Audi Murphy - Killed over 50.
Alvin York - Killed 25.

Villians:
Jack the Ripper - Killed 5.
James Earl Ray - Killed 1.

I guess if you want to baselessly attack a religion, without really understanding it, then you're right.

For me, I would rather see what most Christians are saying, what theology says; you know, research. If one does such, the OP is seen as simply ridiculous.

Is it really a baseless attack? Yes presentation may lack that certain tact assocciated with a credible assertion, but does that make it any less true? How credible or necessary id research is the results will only be interpreted in a certain way?

There can be no doubt that God is directly responsible for a conservative estimate in the 5 figures more likely in 6 or 7. There can be no doubt God chooses to use war and all the horrors that go with it to achieve his desires. Under any other circumstances such actions are viewed negativly, expecially considering the underlying beliefs that are attributed to God.

Gods actions are always seen as good. Even when one conceeds that there were autrocities it is always accompanied by some justification. They deserved it or it was necessary for a greater good, even he mades us he can kill us. When something is presented that potrays God unfavorably it is an attack by someone out to discredit or by someone who misunderstands the truth. Rebuttles often lack relevant information or add additional meaning and sometimes just make stuff up to reach the conclusion God is good.

So is it a baseless attack on Christianity or facts presented in an unfrienfly manner? Do Christians really benefit if they miunderstand because the story needs to be presented a certain way?

Disclaimer - This is not to suggest that the above is an all the time occurance, that God is always bad or Christians are all gullable believeing nothing but fantasy or that this is something unique to Christianity. Just that it happens and it happens a lot.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
It is a baseless attack as it is attacking a view of God that largely is rejected by many Christians. Not to mention that it takes a view of Satan that is contrary to those Christians who even accept the idea

And no, it is not accepted that God killed anyone so yes, there is a lot of doubt.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Of course God ordered a lot of genocide accoring to the OT.

And killed bunches of animals and people in the flood story.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
God vs. Satan.

What better way to show it but by the hand that deals how the sword is used.

Is God is control?.....your hand and sword as per His will?
Or is the Devil in control.....death dealt for him?

But ultimately....who lives in heaven and who doesn't.....
Seems more the line drawn.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I just find it amusing and adorable that human beings think they're significant enough for two, opposing, mighty super-beings to play out their epic struggle through. It's like the residents of an anthill in the middle of the Sahara believing that WWII was about them.

If a god created us then it is clear that with all the suffering that occurs in this world we are at most just playthings. We could also be a byproduct of something else and it doesn't even take ANY notice of us whatsoever.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Both fallingblood and Skwim make a good point. While the OP may lack tact, this does bring up a question I've had for awhile: why is it that the god of the Bible is said to be all-knowing and all-powerful, yet it seems like satan and humans are always getting one-up on god?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Well, now Skwim there is a problem that I see. First of all when God kills its not bad, its good and therefore not killing. If you don't understand that then you understand nothing.
Want it both ways do you. Sorry, but that's not the way it works.

Secondly, Satan forced everyone to murder everyone including Hitler so Satan may actually have the upper hand.

Therefore God wins. :D

(Sorry I had too.)
I know, you had no choice. :facepalm: