• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Recreated the Earth 6,000 Years Ago!

Do you believe God possibly recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago?

• Yes, it's possible that God recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • No, there is no way that the Earth could have been recreated 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 99 88.4%

• Total voters

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
spirit-1.jpg

I believe that the biblical story of creation doesn't describe God's original creation of Earth, but it actually describes the recreation of the Earth 6,000 years ago by God for the benefit of newly formed life who would have souls such as Adam, Eve and their descendants. I believe that according to the first few verses of Holy scripture in the book of Genesis, the Earth already had existed with water during the first day of its recreation. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters" - (Genesis 1:1-2)

I believe there was an older version of Earth that God had destroyed with a cloud of darkness and water, so that He could recreate the Earth with the right conditions for us humans who have souls. I think the first chapter of Genesis is widely misinterpreted as a narrative about the creation of Earth; whereas, it should be correctly interpreted as a narrative about the recreation of the Earth with more favorable conditions for human souls to exist. Does anybody else agree that the first few verses in the book of Genesis have been widely misinterpreted as a creation narrative; whereas, it should be correctly interpreted as a recreation narrative?
I'm glad you're using the Bible! You keep mentioning, "....have souls." That's a common understanding. If you read Genesis 2:7, you'll read something different. Adam wasn't 'given' a soul; he "became" one. He was a soul! Soul, which is nephesh in Hebrew, simply means "something that breathes." It can apply to animals (Revelation 16:3), and the soul can die! -- Ezekiel 18:4.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
that's not logic

people often think they have nothing to fear
Completely irrelevant, as we aren't discussing whether they actually have something to fear. We are discussing whether they, themselves actually fear God even though they don't believe God exists.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
only to you and the other guy
I believe you and I are standing in front of God every single moment, right now, right here. This life is the place where you're meeting God, simply because all things, all nature, all that you see and experience, is all God, and you're a part of it.

I don't believe there's some ultimate get-out-of-jail free-pass card you can buy through belief. I believe that your actions and attitude towards life is what counts and it counts here and now.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
that's not logic

I don't fear God. I feel I have peace with God/gods, belief, religion, science, life, nature, and existence.

What I do fear, however, is that my wife, my kids, or my dogs would get sick. It's terrible to seem them suffer.

I'm glad that I don't have to fear God or any Hell that he/she/it supposedly would create. There's no fear in love.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
that's not logic

Well, I think it is your fear that make you paranoid and delusional.

There is nothing more delusional than fearing something or someone that you have never seen before.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe you and I are standing in front of God every single moment, right now, right here. This life is the place where you're meeting God, simply because all things, all nature, all that you see and experience, is all God, and you're a part of it.

I don't believe there's some ultimate get-out-of-jail free-pass card you can buy through belief. I believe that your actions and attitude towards life is what counts and it counts here and now.
I believe the peace of heaven is guarded.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
the evidence of Something Greater is all around you
Yet you have failed to present any actual evidence for it. Instead mere speculation and guesses, trying to place God in positions that merely "don't make sense" otherwise. It's an assault on the scientific method itself.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yet you have failed to present any actual evidence for it. Instead mere speculation and guesses, trying to place God in positions that merely "don't make sense" otherwise. It's an assault on the scientific method itself.
not my presentation to make.
yours to view at will

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Cause and effect

science
Cause and effect only gets you to a cause of the Big Bang. What evidence do you have to deny that it was a natural cause. Possibly and infinite progression of big bangs or big crunches? Or whose to say that our universe isn't merely part of a black hole in some other universe. We have no way of ruling these out, as the laws of physics and even quantum mechanics are thrown out the window when considering such poaibilities.

So, long story short, we know that the laws of physics and quantum mechanics aren't relevant to the "time" before the big bang, and we also know that, even with black holes in our own universe, these laws don't mean a thing. So, I think we are all curious as to why you are so confident that "cause and effect" with the cause being God, necessarily is a plausible hypothesis, graduating it to the level of a "theory" in the scientific context.

What evidence do you have that cause and effect must be adhered to even in conditions where the laws of physics and quantum theory must be ignored?

In the hundreds of comments I've read from you, you have yet to provide any tangible evidence that your hypothesis is even valid, let alone that it can honestly be referred to as a theory.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Cause and effect only gets you to a cause of the Big Bang. What evidence do you have to deny that it was a natural cause. Possibly and infinite progression of big bangs or big crunches? Or whose to say that our universe isn't merely part of a black hole in some other universe. We have no way of ruling these out, as the laws of physics and even quantum mechanics are thrown out the window when considering such poaibilities.

So, long story short, we know that the laws of physics and quantum mechanics aren't relevant to the "time" before the big bang, and we also know that, even with black holes in our own universe, these laws don't mean a thing. So, I think we are all curious as to why you are so confident that "cause and effect" with the cause being God, necessarily is a plausible hypothesis, graduating it to the level of a "theory" in the scientific context.

What evidence do you have that cause and effect must be adhered to even in conditions where the laws of physics and quantum theory must be ignored?

In the hundreds of comments I've read from you, you have yet to provide any tangible evidence that your hypothesis is even valid, let alone that it can honestly be referred to as a theory.
substance is not self creating
substance does not move of it's own volition

all that we see has been moving since the 'bang'

Spirit first

leibowde84

Veteran Member
substance does n move of it's own volition

all that we see has been moving since the 'bang'

Spirit first
Ok, but, even adhering to your reasoning here, you have yet to provide any valid reasoning for assuming that cause was:

1. The "spirit" you speak of, as the big bang could have been merely the product of many subsequent previous big bangs, and, thus, wouldn't have been caused by "spirit", as "spirit" wouldn't have caused our big bang.

2. Was, necessarily, the specific "God" you speak of.

Can you provide evidence for these assumptions beyond mere arguments based on the absence of no known alternatives (which, obviously, doesn't support your argument at all)?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ok, but, even adhering to your reasoning here, you have yet to provide any valid reasoning for assuming that cause was:

1. The "spirit" you speak of, as the big bang could have been merely the product of many subsequent previous big bangs, and, thus, wouldn't have been caused by "spirit", as "spirit" wouldn't have caused our big bang.

2. Was, necessarily, the specific "God" you speak of.

Can you provide evidence for these assumptions beyond mere arguments based on the absence of no known alternatives (which, obviously, doesn't support your argument at all)?
cause and affect is the reason

Spirit first

leibowde84

Veteran Member
cause and affect is the reason

Spirit first
Would you mind just responding to my points rather than resorting to poetic dodges that have nothing at all to the conversation? I always respect you enough to actually respond to what you say. If you can't come up with an argument, just admit it. No biggie.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Would you mind just responding to my points rather than resorting to poetic dodges that have nothing at all to the conversation? I always respect you enough to actually respond to what you say. If you can't come up with an argument, just admit it. No biggie.
I have taken you to the 'point'
you're just refusing to see the 'light'

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I have taken you to the 'point'
you're just refusing to see the 'light'
Ok, so you really can't just provide an honest argument. You really do have to resort to gibberish, rather than respecting me enough to respond to my argument. Why do you have to be so disrespectful. I am merely trying to understand where you are coming frkm. But, whenever you are unable to come up with a counterpoint, you resort to being defensive. It's sad really.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ok, so you really can't just provide an honest argument. You really do have to resort to gibberish, rather than respecting me enough to respond to my argument. Why do you have to be so disrespectful. I am merely trying to understand where you are coming frkm. But, whenever you are unable to come up with a counterpoint, you resort to being defensive. It's sad really.
that you refuse and label the obvious as gibberish.....means nothing