• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Recreated the Earth 6,000 Years Ago!

Do you believe God possibly recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago?

• Yes, it's possible that God recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • No, there is no way that the Earth could have been recreated 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 99 88.4%

• Total voters

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
The book of Job, from chapters 38 to 41, demonstrate that there are no understanding of science in the bible.

They are just bunch of verses filled with superstitions and none of them explain anything. It is just God who say "I can do this or that...you ["you" meaning Job] can't do this or that"....that's not science, that's God's empty boasting.

Like I said before. Science is supposed to provide explaination that are verifiable or testable. But everything God said in JOB are wrong, because everything we know today about about nature (like about sun, stars, mountains, sea, rain, lightning, etc) can be explained through science, and we don't need superstitious belief that God is involve in anything to explain them.

Those chapters in JOB are just wrong.

If God did explain how everything about nature how nature works, instead of boasting about what he obviously can't do, i would be more impress. Instead the only impression I get from those verses about God's (nonexistent) abilities or powers is that he is not omniscience or omnipotence, he is just as superstitious man with no more knowledge in science as the author who wrote the book. If God truly exist, then he sounds like superstitiously ignorant Iron Age shepherd...but I would say that God is more like a village idiot.

If you know anything about science, today, you would know that nothing in those chapters about what God have to say, are wrong.

I see. So now, is it:

1. Job is a-scientific in content.

2. God writes in Job, but is full of empty boasting.

Again, I see an agenda there, but it's not mine!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
PS. "These chapters in Job are just wrong" is another kind of bias, a very definite "God ticks me off" bias. Many, many people, not just Jews and Christians, find much comfort in Job, much wisdom. We can discuss scientific accuracies in Job, as well as poetry or wisdom/philosophical literature, but saying "whole chapters, just wrong" seems unscholarly, even childish at some level. Stop it. Speak like an adult and I'll (perhaps)answer your (offensive) assertions.

Underhill

This has always been the myth. That god and science are just two sides of the same coin. Theoretically it could be true. But if so I've seen nothing to make me thing he is any of the currently worshiped deities. None of these religions have anything resembling scientific truth prior to human science learning it.

It's the same argument I've used to discredit the morality of the old testament. If god is perfect, and always has been, then why all the murder and mayhem in the old testament, why would he tell slaves to accept their lot, or women to be subservient? If the god of the bible were all knowing and loving, wouldn't he have set them straight thousands of years ago? Or is he morally ambiguous? In which case, why is anyone following him to begin with?

What would you think of a dog breeder who threw his dog into the deep end of the pool every time it did something he didn't like? Oh but if he thinks the dog is sorry he will fish the dog out. But the dog better be grateful or else...

By the same token, If god knew everything, why all the scientifically erroneous crap? If god "inspired" the word of god, wouldn't he at least want it to be correct? Or is he just testing people? And what kind of sick monster would test people while hanging their eternal soul on the line?

I often wonder if there really were a loving god, who looked out for us and did everything he could to make society and people better, what the world would be like. Does anyone outside of Utah think this is it? Really?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
This has always been the myth. That god and science are just two sides of the same coin. Theoretically it could be true. But if so I've seen nothing to make me thing he is any of the currently worshiped deities. None of these religions have anything resembling scientific truth prior to human science learning it.

It's the same argument I've used to discredit the morality of the old testament. If god is perfect, and always has been, then why all the murder and mayhem in the old testament, why would he tell slaves to accept their lot, or women to be subservient? If the god of the bible were all knowing and loving, wouldn't he have set them straight thousands of years ago? Or is he morally ambiguous? In which case, why is anyone following him to begin with?

What would you think of a dog breeder who threw his dog into the deep end of the pool every time it did something he didn't like? Oh but if he thinks the dog is sorry he will fish the dog out. But the dog better be grateful or else...

By the same token, If god knew everything, why all the scientifically erroneous crap? If god "inspired" the word of god, wouldn't he at least want it to be correct? Or is he just testing people? And what kind of sick monster would test people while hanging their eternal soul on the line?

I often wonder if there really were a loving god, who looked out for us and did everything he could to make society and people better, what the world would be like. Does anyone outside of Utah think this is it? Really?

Utah?

No revealed gods make sense. The only God that does make sense, that fits the facts we see going back billions of years, is a non-interventionist God. Man owns all the evil we see, and all the good. This is a test for individuals to see what we do in our individual circumstances. If God interacted, neither It nor we would then know what we would have done. Painful, yes, but a hundred years, or a trillion years later, we can say, "I did that".

Underhill

Utah?

No revealed gods make sense. The only God that does make sense, that fits the facts we see going back billions of years, is a non-interventionist God. Man owns all the evil we see, and all the good. This is a test for individuals to see what we do in our individual circumstances. If God interacted, neither It nor we would then know what we would have done. Painful, yes, but a hundred years, or a trillion years later, we can say, "I did that".

Yeah the Utah thing is kind of a personal experience with some odd folks from there...

So God exist, just doesn't have any influence on us or our world? Quick question, what makes you believe it then? I could literally say that about any fanciable notion I could imagine.

Fairies are real, for example, they just are non-interventionist. (and have impeccable taste in shoes)

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

There are a number of biases and assumptions in your statements. To select one, I'll ask:

How did you come to know you have superior morals to that of the Bible?
Yeah the Utah thing is kind of a personal experience with some odd folks from there...

So God exist, just doesn't have any influence on us or our world? Quick question, what makes you believe it then? I could literally say that about any fanciable notion I could imagine.

Fairies are real, for example, they just are non-interventionist. (and have impeccable taste in shoes)

1. My life has changed
2. Bible prophecy fulfilled
3. The wonderful person of Jesus, in the scriptures
4. Cosmology/the beginning
5. Scientific accuracies of the Bible
6. The record of history
7. The teleology of design--design is everywhere!
8. Etc.