• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God or Super Consciousness

Andraste

Ok ...... Let's assume for one second that Theists' are right and there is a God ......
Would not this Cosmic entity be for all peoples and for all time with exactly the same Rules and Laws .....,
Would this God be more accurately described as a super consciousness... Further wouldn't this Super Conscienceless be Natural and Neutral...
And it certainly wouldn't have a Cultural Bias ...... Wouldn't this (god) know about the whole world not just one tiny part of it
(Middle East) ...

Tumah

Veteran Member
Ok ...... Let's assume for one second that Theists' are right and there is a God ......
That's easy.
Would not this Cosmic entity be for all peoples and for all time with exactly the same Rules and Laws .....,
I don't see why that's compelling.
Would this God be more accurately described as a super consciousness... Further wouldn't this Super Conscienceless be Natural and Neutral...
That doesn't follow at all.
And it certainly wouldn't have a Cultural Bias ...... Wouldn't this (god) know about the whole world not just one tiny part of it
(Middle East) ...
Of course.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Ok ...... Let's assume for one second that Theists' are right and there is a God ......Would not this Cosmic entity be for all peoples and for all time with exactly the same Rules and Laws .....,
Peace be on you.
Yes this God is for all people.
[Quran chapter 1 , verse 2] = All praise to Allah, Lord of all worlds / peoples.

Would this God be more accurately described as a super consciousness...
Allah is being (not physical) with all noble attributes including perfect super consciousness.

Further wouldn't this Super Conscienceless be Natural and Neutral...
God is gender-less, beyond worldly 3 dimension nature.

(Middle East) ...
Allah is of all peoples.

Quran
[1:2] All praise to Allah, Lord of all worlds / peoples.
[35:25] And there is no people to whom a Warner has not been sent.
[13:8] And there is a guide for every people.

According to a tradition 124000 Prophets were sent to people.

Andraste

Really..... Because the focus of the Quran is centred in the Middle East... ,allah really doesn't have the attributes of an all encompassing super consciousness... In fact Quite the reverse.... I would imagine if this Super consciousness existed at all it wouldn't dictate books or instruct prophets.... Especially ones that suffered from Frontal lobe epilepsy....

Andraste

Peace be on you.
Yes this God is for all people.
[Quran chapter 1 , verse 2] = All praise to Allah, Lord of all worlds / peoples.

Allah is being (not physical) with all noble attributes including perfect super consciousness.

God is gender-less, beyond worldly 3 dimension nature.

Allah is of all peoples.

Quran
[1:2] All praise to Allah, Lord of all worlds / peoples.
[35:25] And there is no people to whom a Warner has not been sent.
[13:8] And there is a guide for every people.

According to a tradition 124000 Prophets were sent to people.

Who said allah says ?

HonestJoe

(Middle East) ...
The vast range and diversity of gods and god-like beings various people have conceived of and believed in throughout history makes up a tiny fraction of one percent of the possible such beings that potentially could exist so the chances are that if something (or somethings) like this did exist, it would be of a form nobody had ever considered before. It don’t see how we’re in any position to determine what any god must be like or how we can apply out understanding or logical and common sense to this kind of concept.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Really..... Because the focus of the Quran is centred in the Middle East... ,allah really doesn't have the attributes of an all encompassing super consciousness... In fact Quite the reverse.... I would imagine if this Super consciousness existed at all it wouldn't dictate books or instruct prophets.... Especially ones that suffered from Frontal lobe epilepsy....
0=It would have been better if you had included in OP what you think about super consciousness

1= I missed this post since you chose not to quote.

2= Sorry for such thoughts.

3=Quran's teaching is for all peoples including M.E.

4= Please read a good translation with notes like:
https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/guide.htm?region=E1

Andraste

0=It would have been better if you had included in OP what you think about super consciousness

1= I missed this post since you chose not to quote.

2= Sorry for such thoughts.

3=Quran's teaching is for all peoples including M.E.

4= Please read a good translation with notes like:
https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/guide.htm?region=E1

I've read the Quran... And found it disappointing....it's a bit of a dogs breakfast.... It really only expresses Muhammad's fears anxieties and demands ..... I can't believe for one minute that this book is in anyway divine or even inspired..... When you consider that in part it's a Bi-product of Muhammad's medical condition... Frontal lobe epilepsy.... The rest he simply made up ....

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
allah really doesn't have the attributes of an all encompassing super consciousness
Why what is wrong in your opinion with some of the qualities of Allah, for it being an all encompassing super consciousness?
And it certainly wouldn't have a Cultural Bias
Do you not recognize that people are bigoted, and maybe God isn't? :innocent:

Andraste

Why what is wrong in your opinion with some of the qualities of Allah, for it being an all encompassing super consciousness?

Do you not recognize that people are bigoted, and maybe God isn't? :innocent:

But that's rather my point all religious books reflect their authors ... The Quran is NO exception.... It has a distinctly Middle East flavour...

wizanda

Premium Member
The Quran is NO exception.... It has a distinctly Middle East flavour...
hummusdialogue_750_476_c1.jpg

But that's rather my point all religious books reflect their authors
Now though i agree, each author can't help applying their own cultural narrative; it doesn't disclude that some of it could be divinely inspired....

Which is why only by looking at the whole, can we see if they were flawed in their thinking slightly. :innocent:

Andraste

But the Quran distinctly promotes it's self as of a pure divine origin..
(Clearly this is untrue) reference to the amount of Errors and fiction in it .... And you have to also consider the state of mind of the Original Author....

wizanda

Premium Member
But the Quran distinctly promotes it's self as of a pure divine origin..
So do all the religions, you have to look beyond the ego of the authors, and question if their premise has any ground.
And you have to also consider the state of mind of the Original Author....
Some of the things Muhammad did were noble, he united Medina....

Plus who is to say that the trance wasn't of divine origin, and not only a medical condition.
reference to the amount of Errors and fiction in it
There are errors in all texts; we're in a place between light and dark, things all get corrupted, even from their origins....

It is recognizing the light in a subject first, before dismissing it all, that makes us not darkness ourselves. :innocent:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Cosmic entity"... "Rules and Laws".... Do these define theism? I would consider myself as "theistic" (in the panentheistic sense), but these notions are foreign to my thinking.

You could say that, call it the "Divine Mind", Cosmic Consciousness, Christ Consciousness, Buddha Mind, etc.

Not exactly. "It" is the Ground of all Being itself. To say it is "natural" suggests "it" is equivalent to nature itself, or part of nature.

(Middle East) ...
How do you leap from Super Consciousness to an anthropomorphic god which "knows about the whole world", like a form of Super-Santa Claus in the Sky? Why not just argue that God is beyond ethnocentric deity forms? Or is that what you attempting to do here?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Would not this Cosmic entity be for all peoples and for all time with exactly the same Rules and Laws .....

Can you explain why a god needs to be a cosmic entity? Only a couple of the gods I worship on any regular basis are cosmic entities - Sun Spirit and Moon Spirit. With respect to Sun Spirit, I'm pretty sure the gravity well that Sun creates is the same for all peoples (human or otherwise) all the time all over the planet... but I'd defer to the astronomical and geological experts on that one. Same deal with the influence Moon Spirit has on our planet - it's the same for everyone on our planet, though different at different times (tides and all, yeah?). The other gods I worship aren't cosmic entities, so it doesn't make sense to apply this criteria to them.

None of the gods I worship would be accurately described as "super consciousness," no. In fact, that word "consciousness" is one that I generally refuse to touch with a ten foot pole, much less putting "super" in front of it which just exacerbates it's vacuous buzzword feel to me.

All of my gods are natural and neutral already. They don't need to be some "super consciousness" whatever for that.

And it certainly wouldn't have a Cultural Bias ...... Wouldn't this (god) know about the whole world not just one tiny part of it (Middle East) ...

Oh. You've been wanting to discuss the one-god of the Abrahamic religions. And by "theists" before you really meant "classical monotheists." My bad. Feel free to ignore everything I've just written, I guess.

Andraste

So do all the religions, you have to look beyond the ego of the authors, and question if their premise has any ground.

Some of the things Muhammad did were noble, he united Medina....

Plus who is to say that the trance wasn't of divine origin, and not only a medical condition.

There are errors in all texts; we're in a place between light and dark, things all get corrupted, even from their origins....

It is recognizing the light in a subject first, before dismissing it all, that makes us not darkness ourselves. :innocent:

Nothing Muhammad did was noble ... He and his band of cut throats drew first Blood... He terrorised Medina raided and looted caravans... Thighed a 6 year old girl and raped her when she was 9 .... He was nothing more than a criminal gangster... A Phycotic mass murdering Peadophile.... The legacy of his Evil still drips down from the past to the present...