• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is Satan | Satan is God

Trey of Diamonds

What do you think of the possiblity that God and Satan are two aspects of the same being? I've always thought that there was either two equal beings of opposing power or there was one being that had both possitive and negative aspects.

What say you?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Sounds good to me. :)

Though personally I believe true "evil" is egoism, etc, and Satan is an angel of God. :)

Trey of Diamonds

I think human psychology likes dichotomy.

Do you mean dichotomy or duality? Dichotomy is two separate and equal parts while a duality can exist in one being.

I agree that we think in 2s, most everything has it's opposite. But 3s appear a lot as well, just look at any fairy tale. 3 wishes, 3 billy goats, 3 wise men, etc, etc. Sometimes I think the idea of the trinity goes back to man's facination with the number 3.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
What do you think of the possiblity that God and Satan are two aspects of the same being? I've always thought that there was either two equal beings of opposing power or there was one being that had both possitive and negative aspects.

What say you?

Anne Rice had a similar theory in Memnoch the Devil. Which I never got around to finish reading. Interesting concept but not possible imho.

Last edited:

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
We are here for HaShem's amusement and HE is neither good nor evil. As a matter of fact, scriptures say "All good and evil are from G-D"

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Our dualistic theology fails to address the nature of our universe and of humanity, a being which is 'all good' would de facto be pure evil in certain aspects. we have a bipolar preception of reality in many ways, where we tag certain phenomenas as good and some as bad, however life and reality are neutral, and perhaps we need to adapt certain theologies to a more 'humane' deity, or a more naturalistic deity, one that is not detached by such ideals as 'almighty' 'all good', and other unsophisticated epithets.

the need of a deity to be the certain ideal we want it to be, is a childish idea.
we need to examine our definitions, perhaps change 'good' with logic, and 'evil' with psychological baggage.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.

What say you?
Either idea is heresy from any Abrahamic perspective I'm aware of, and God and Satan are kind of their babies.

I think both ideas have some merit, though, in that God and Satan are both projections of the human psyche.

S-word

What say you?

Correct! The alpha in ascent to the ends of this cycle of universal activity is Satan. The omega who is the end result of this cycle, in his descent to the beginning from which he originated, is the God who revealed himself through his Earthly Image Jesus, who he sent in his name (Who I Am) to do and say only that which he was commanded by the one, who speaking through the mouth of his servant Jesus, said, "Father! Give me glory in your presence now, the same glory I had with you before this world was made.

It was for this reason that the earthly image of the now perfected Son of the Godhead of the previous universal body or period of universal activity, had to be lifted up in the same manner that Moses lifted up the image of the serpent in the wilderness, in order that those who were dying because of the venemous poison of that accussing serpent, might be saved by turning their minds eye to his earthly image who has been lifted up.

Trey of Diamonds

perhaps change 'good' with logic, and 'evil' with psychological baggage.

My personal favorite is positive and negative instead of good and evil. Good and evil are just human conceptualizations of the positive and negative energies that make up the universe. God and Satan are the personifications of the same.

Yes Man

Premium Member
Do you mean dichotomy or duality? Dichotomy is two separate and equal parts while a duality can exist in one being.

I agree that we think in 2s, most everything has it's opposite. But 3s appear a lot as well, just look at any fairy tale. 3 wishes, 3 billy goats, 3 wise men, etc, etc. Sometimes I think the idea of the trinity goes back to man's facination with the number 3.

The Law of Fives is summarized in the Principia Discordia:

The Law of Fives states simply that: All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5

The Law of Fives is never wrong.
—Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Page 00016

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The God I know is not the source of evil.

Hi stephenw, it seems reasonable that dualistic complementary opposite forces are necessary for creation.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

For that reason, be still and stay aware of the Oneness (GOD), for to be distracted by the alluring play of God's dualistic good and evil forces of creation will surely cause a 'fall' into the mortal mind's confusion of perceived multiplicity.

Be still and know that I AM GOD, for a house divided will not stand.

gnostic

The Lost One
I don't believe in the existence of god or satan. However, from reading about him or them, I think they are one and the same, like two faces of a single coin. I think I have said something similar in older topics.

This is how it looks to me: I don't think there was never a serpent in Eden. It was just god deceiving Eve, because:
a) he wanted to test them,
b) he didn't want them to stay in the garden anyway,
c) all of the above.

Trey of Diamonds

I don't believe in the existence of god or satan. However, from reading about him or them, I think they are one and the same, like two faces of a single coin. I think I have said something similar in older topics.

This is how it looks to me: I don't think there was never a serpent in Eden. It was just god deceiving Eve, because:
a) he wanted to test them,
b) he didn't want them to stay in the garden anyway,
c) all of the above.

Are you saying that you believe in something that could have inspired the Abrahamic God and Satan and that thing is a singular being that both represent? Or are you just speaking to the hypothetical?

gnostic

The Lost One
It is of of course, hypothetical.

There's no way to prove it in actuality, except through reasoning and interpretation. As I said I don't see any evidence of god or satan's existence, and proving that they are the one and the same, can only be done through what we can read and reason from the texts, and that's not good enough as being proof.

Reasoning alone is not proof.