• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is disproven by science? Really?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Replication, efficiency, and environmental pressures will give you structures, forms, but there's more to it.

Where exactly can I access this deeper look into life material that addresses my specific question?

It is hard to say. What exactly are your questions? I have not seen clear ones? If you cannot ask clear questions then you have to probably start at the beginning.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
It is hard to say. What exactly are your questions? I have not seen clear ones? If you cannot ask clear questions then you have to probably start at the beginning.

How do human hands form specifically? Why do they take the shape that they do take?

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
How do human hands form specifically? Why do they take the shape that they do take?

They form the same way the rest of our body forms. I think i'll agree with Subduction here and think your questions are so uninformed that answering to them almost makes no sense.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
For the same reason that other ape hands developed. Diet and other pressures were the causes. Look at our ancestors and their ancestors if you want to know more. A hand is a good all purpose tool. Apes and other primates are not the only animals with hands.

Then please refrain from lecturing me on morality, an idea you appear to have no coherent concept of.
What was the lecture? I haven’t lectured you at all, you were standing in judgement of God when I asked you a simple question about being honest with yourself.
You brought up the other questions that had nothing to do with that and then you said you did not live a sinful life which you said you did lie and some other things but justified and minimized them.
You’re the one who entered into the conversation with me to begin with and now the complaints.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The short answer to the evolution question would be "because it worked", wouldn't it?
Yes. But tracing the process can be facsinating. One has to remember that if a species exists for a long time that is because the traits it has work well in its present environment. Throw a monkey wrench, or large asteroid in the works, and all of a sudden there are countless new experiments appearing. Some of them seem quite bizarre.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What was the lecture? I haven’t lectured you at all, you were standing in judgement of God when I asked you a simple question about being honest with yourself.
You brought up the other questions that had nothing to do with that and then you said you did not live a sinful life which you said you did lie and some other things but justified and minimized them.
You’re the one who entered into the conversation with me to begin with and now the complaints.
The lecture on my being "sinful", of course. Considering what you don't consider sinful ─ invasive war, massacre, mass rape, human sacrifice, women as property &c ─ I repeat that I find in what you've said no coherent concept of morality.

osgart

Yes. But tracing the process can be facsinating. One has to remember that if a species exists for a long time that is because the traits it has work well in its present environment. Throw a monkey wrench, or large asteroid in the works, and all of a sudden there are countless new experiments appearing. Some of them seem quite bizarre.
Evolution of the human hand: the role of throwing and clubbing

This worked well though I'd actually like to see the processes ability to see how a function arrives on the scene and not just the survival of well adapted traits for reproduction.

The lecture on my being "sinful", of course. Considering what you don't consider sinful ─ invasive war, massacre, mass rape, human sacrifice, women as property &c ─ I repeat that I find in what you've said no coherent concept of morality.
Like I said you brought it up, did you forget or just don’t like how it went?
Also I didn’t answer about any of those other issues you’re trying to push. That’s really between you and God.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Like I said you brought it up, did you forget or just don’t like how it went? Also I didn’t answer about any of those other issues you’re trying to push. That’s really between you and God.
The matters I listed are so grossly harmful that your silence was thunderous in what it conveyed.

You've evolved to be a human, to have a conscience, to have empathy, to dislike the one who harms, to like fairness and reciprocity. You were born with those tools built in. Why not apply them? Why not condemn or applaud as your morality tells you, instead of subjecting it to authoritarian views?

osgart

To really see that you may have to become an evolutionary biologist and specialize in that area.

I assume there are functions, and dormant processes along the way that lead all the way up to the development of a full fledged hand.

But I think this is as far as I can go with this for now.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

The Bible states that the Israelites massacred the Amalekites (killing every man, woman, child, infant, and the animals) because God ordered them to (1 Samuel 15:3). Personally, I think that if someone wants to learn more about morality, they should not read the Bible, especially the Old Testament or the Book of Revelation. I fail to see how forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist, ordering the death of witches, brutally slaughtering the entire populace of nearby nations for the land in a barbaric conquest to take possession of a "promised land," and dashing the heads of infants against the rocks (Ps. 137:9) is moral behavior. So much for "thou shalt not kill."

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I assume there are functions, and dormant processes along the way that lead all the way up to the development of a full fledged hand.

But I think this is as far as I can go with this for now.
There is no evidence of any preplanning. Traits that become part of the genome tend to get there by outperforming other traits.

The matters I listed are so grossly harmful that your silence was thunderous in what it conveyed.

You've evolved to be a human, to have a conscience, to have empathy, to dislike the one who harms, to like fairness and reciprocity. You were born with those tools built in. Why not apply them? Why not condemn or applaud as your morality tells you, instead of subjecting it to authoritarian views?
The matters you listed as far as evolution are concerned are not immoral, it’s survival of the fittest and the strong survive. I mean if you could throw or club better you got more opportunity to
mate and reproduce. Fauci would be out though and not sure how that gene made it through :D.
But seen as we are talking morality I will assume there really are no atheist just people who claim they are to excuse themselves. That’s just my opinion of course. :).
As for abortions and killing innocents well about 900,000 last year. Not a good look for those who promote that.

Last edited:
The Bible states that the Israelites massacred the Amalekites (killing every man, woman, child, infant, and the animals) because God ordered them to (1 Samuel 15:3). Personally, I think that if someone wants to learn more about morality, they should not read the Bible, especially the Old Testament or the Book of Revelation. I fail to see how forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist, ordering the death of witches, brutally slaughtering the entire populace of nearby nations for the land in a barbaric conquest to take possession of a "promised land," and dashing the heads of infants against the rocks (Ps. 137:9) is moral behavior. So much for "thou shalt not kill."
I like a Dad like that, don’t mess with my family or else!
“Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt.”
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭15:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬